Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So sanctuary cities are...
    Not open borders and safer because of the policy.
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Why? Emotions are just things that exist that can produce both good things and bad things. It is just as easy to use love to perform evil deeds as any other emotion.
      Source: 1 John 3:14-16

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. The one who does not love remains in death. 15Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that eternal life does not reside in a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him. 16This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

© Copyright Original Source

And some are not, you just want to manipulate people’s emotions to excuse away people breaking our laws and you excuse it away with, “Well their escaping things!” We have had and do have members here that are from Latin America Jim. It isn’t just filled with destruction as far as the eye can see, it has middle class families living there too. You can’t help everyone, you don’t like how your homeland is ran, try to fix your homeland.
      I am trying to fix how our homeland is run. Haven't you noticed?

I don't have to ignore our laws to be against how people, how this administration, is using them against innocent and downtrodden peoples. There are other ways than the abusive measures Trump has taken. How about at least making it possible for those that are in fact fleeing dangerous and abusive situations to get their day in court seeking asylum and be safe from those that would kill them while they are waiting?

You see -

Love demands we work around the deficiencies of our laws to help as many as we can, changing them where necessary. That we recognize and accept responsibility for how we have helped create the situations these people are fleeing.

Hate demands we abuse those same people with every possible harmful implication of our existing laws, that we deal destructively with the situation by making new and even less compassionate laws, ignoring our own responsibility in creating the situation at the border.

And you still avoid my major point, the Democrats don’t care, they want them sent to red cities, districts, and states to turn them blue.
      I believe that is a cartoon like misrepresentation of the actual positions Pix,

Nevertheless - assuming you are correct - that justifies the evil Trump is doing? It doesn't work that way Pix. I don't have to support one one form of evil just because I reject some other form of evil. I can be against wide open borders AT THE SAME TIME I am against Trumps abuse of immigrants.

I acknowledge you have leveled other accusations against me in the remainder of your post, but I am not at this time going to respond to them.

I hope you are noting that I have not leveled any accusations of evil or evil motives against you in these posts. Perhaps you could try again to speak to the ideas rather than assumed motivations that are likely not true.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-12-2019, 11:36 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And yet, God is described as hating those that engage in evil. Ever read about the liberation of the death camps and the things found within? General Patton refused to visit some parts of liberated camps and he wasn’t known to be emotional and had witnessed more than his fair share of gore. I have to say, I can’t find much fault in the first allied solders that liberated these camps for their reaction.
        You are confusing hating evil with hating people. And you are confusing old testament text and ideas with the New. And you are confusing what God can do with what we can do - or are required to do. And I think you are misunderstanding the text by not taking into account the whole context of scripture. If God loves ALL mankind, If God has sent Himself to die for ALL mankind, then you can't interpret passages where God is described as hating people that sin as justification for our own hatred of other people. And - in fact - regardless of what God does or doesn't do - you and I are not God. And God has very clearly commanded us NOT to hate other people - as I quoted.

Consider the story of Corrie Ten Boom. Consider the words of Christ I quoted, or 'Never return evil for evil, but instead ...'. When we hate people, we participate with evil. We are called NOT to be like the world. We are called not to hate those who hate, but to love them and if possible bring them to repentance. It is not an easy thing to do. But there is a big difference between recognizing our incapacity to avoid hatred in some circumstance and saying that it is justifiable to hate people.

If we hate people, we are participating in evil, if for no other reason than we have been commanded by God NOT to hate other people.

And you’re wrong. Enjoy being a serf.
        You are entitled to your opinion, wrong though it may be.

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-12-2019, 11:51 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          The reason you can't understand what I see in Trump is your own hatred...
          Nope. I don't actually feel or express hatred, but this has become your "go to" for anybody who disagrees with you.

And I bet that you don't realize that your list of "FACTUAL, DOCUMENTABLE actions" is nothing more than your own subjective commentary of what you don't like about the President. For instance, you accuse him of engaging in "a concerted effort to silence" the free press, but all he's done is criticize them and point out the media's left-wing bias that conservatives have been talking about for years. As far as I know, Trump, unlike Obama, has never used the power of the government to go after reporters who displeased him, tapping their phones or calling on the IRS to put pressure on them, or had them thrown in jail for refusing to divulge their sources, or banned an entire television news network from attending White House press briefings. If anything, Trump is the most transparent, accessible president in a very long time. He regularly holds cabinet meetings with the press in attendance, and he has almost daily impromptu press briefings on his way to and from various destinations where he willingly addresses any question put to him.

The fact is, you are entirely incapable of being fair, reasonable, and objective when it comes to anything to do with Trump.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Just as she's matching Biden's poll numbers, she comes up with more reasons to challenge her truthfulness....

Report disputes Elizabeth Warren’s claim she was let go from teaching job over pregnancy

And, yeah, I know, Trump lies.
            You're accusing her of doing something Trump has actually done thousands of more times. So what's your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
              You're accusing her of doing something Trump has actually done thousands of more times. So what's your point?
              Is this the point where one of the s can scream "WHATABOUTISM"? What's your point?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                White squaw speaks with forked tongue.
                Is there any evidence that she actually lied about her ethnicity? You don't have to look like a Native American to have a Native American genetic make-up. That's confusing phenotype with genotype. I knew a woman who was a member of the Delaware tribe who was blonde and blue eyed and with very fair complexion. If you're told from as early as you can remember that you have a given genetic background, you generally have no reason to doubt it, without a DNA test. I was told all my life that I was Italian-American on my Dad's side. I had no reason to doubt it, until my sister got a DNA test about a year ago and found out we are less than 5% Italian. But if I'd told you before the test that I was Italian on my fathers' side, I wouldn't have been lying but misinformed. And if there'd been government grants etc. attached to being Italian American, I sure would have applied for those.

Comment

Is this the point where one of the s can scream "WHATABOUTISM"? What's your point?
                  There's only one person reverting to the default "troll accusation" and all caps screaming. When you've gotten you're little undies unwadded again, what's your point?

Comment

There's only one person reverting to the default "troll accusation" and all caps screaming. When you've gotten you're little undies unwadded again, what's your point?
                    Lemme know when you want to have a civil discussion, Jim.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is there any evidence that she actually lied about her ethnicity?
                      Yes. It was previously discussed in this thread. At the very least, she had good reason to be suspicious of certain claims made by her parents.

Comment

Nope. I don't actually feel or express hatred, but this has become your "go to" for anybody who disagrees with you.
                        Not true mm. The word was used several times in this thread to dismiss my views on Trump. but what I see in you, pix, and many others is very real hatred of liberal ideas and the MSM that is so strong and so deep that you are willing to excuse much worse in trump because through him you have the opportunity to push back against those same things.

And I bet that you don't realize that your list of "FACTUAL, DOCUMENTABLE actions" is nothing more than your own subjective commentary of what you don't like about the President. For instance, you accuse him of engaging in "a concerted effort to silence" the free press, but all he's done is criticize them and point out the media's left-wing bias that conservatives have been talking about for years. As far as I know, Trump, unlike Obama, has never used the power of the government to go after reporters who displeased him, tapping their phones or calling on the IRS to put pressure on them, or had them thrown in jail for refusing to divulge their sources, or banned an entire television news network from attending White House press briefings. If anything, Trump is the most transparent, accessible president in a very long time. He regularly holds cabinet meetings with the press in attendance, and he has almost daily impromptu press briefings on his way to and from various destinations where he willingly addresses any question put to him.

The fact is, you are entirely incapable of being fair, reasonable, and objective when it comes to anything to do with Trump.
                        What you dont realize mm is that you excuse and make excuses for Trump no matter how low he goes, no matter what laws he breaks, no matter who or what is harmed by his actions.

The moral compromises you are willing to accept on behalf of this man are just very difficult to comprehend.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Not true mm. The word was used several times in this thread to dismiss my views on Trump. but what I see in you, pix, and many others is very real hatred of liberal ideas and the MSM that is so strong and so deep that you are willing to excuse much worse in trump because through him you have the opportunity to push back against those same things.

What you dont realize mm is that you excuse and make excuses for Trump no matter how low he goes, no matter what laws he breaks, no matter who or what is harmed by his actions.

The moral compromises you are willing to accept on behalf of this man are just very difficult to comprehend.

Jim
                          Another classic example of you seeing what you want to see. Any kind of reasoned discussion with you is impossible.

Comment

Another classic example of you seeing what you want to see. Any kind of reasoned discussion with you is impossible.
                            Holy smoke, MM, you must have been looking in a mirror while typing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Holy smoke, MM, you must have been looking in a mirror while typing that.
                              Many years ago, I owned a Chimney Sweep Company called "Holy Smoke Chimney Sweeps".

(several times, people would approach me asking for BBQ, thinking it was "Holy Smoke BBQ". )

Comment

Many years ago, I owned a Chimney Sweep Company called "Holy Smoke Chimney Sweeps".
                                Did the flue interfere with your work?
                                (several times, people would approach me asking for BBQ, thinking it was "Holy Smoke BBQ". )
                                Were they all up in your grill?

Comment