Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    And ummm, how do we provide these houses and keep track of them all, while being processed through?

The problem is you Sam, I don’t care for self righteous, moral preening, from someone playing gotta games.

If you cared at all, you'd already know that we have asylum management programs. It's just an ignorant question that you've asked before and I've answered in detail.
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      And pay attention to what gets labeled sanctimonious or holier-than-thou or self-righteous here:

This is about people who are fleeing (or desperate to flee) violence being rejected and consigned to live and die in a camp or a failed state or a gang-controlled neighborhood where they've been credibly threatened with torture or death. If you think it's holier-than-thou to forcibly hold that turning those people away back to gangs or kidnapping their children with no intent on reunification is immoral and anti-Christian ...

... well, there's no holiness at all in that. What are you fighting for? Who are you fighting for? What point is there whining about Christian persecution through anti-discrimination laws or taxes if your Christianity doesn't even blanch at refugees and asylum seekers being abused, imprisoned, and turned away?

--Sam
      And again:

Asking your plan for separating out human traffickers, coyotees, drug runners, gang members, etc from those escaping violence in their homelands is a valid question to ask. Are you going to answer it or are you going to make more long winded speeches, where you throw shade down on your fellow Christians and act all holy and better than everyone else who wants an answer?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

...where you throw shade down on your fellow Christians...
        I always thought that was a rather curious expression, living in Texas.

shade.jpeg
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nope, I literally made the point days before than when I again repost, almost word for word what I said days before. You than acted as though that was something new. Do you want the quotes and post numbers that prove it?

So do you deny this?
          I can't deny or acknowledge what I have no direct knowledge of pix. I don't know how your brain works. It is a mystery to me on the very best of days. If you want to do anything other than waste time, you'll have to define what it is I said that you interpreted in that context. Then I can respond to your accusation as to whether I agree or disagree with it.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

If you cared at all, you'd already know that we have asylum management programs. It's just an ignorant question that you've asked before and I've answered in detail.
            And are these programs designed to handle them by the hundreds of thousands or millions, per year?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I always thought that was a rather curious expression, living in Texas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40307[/ATTACH]
              I am from the land of sunshine so...
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                I can't deny or acknowledge what I have no direct knowledge of pix. I don't know how your brain works. It is a mystery to me on the very best of days. If you want to do anything other than waste time, you'll have to define what it is I said that you interpreted in that context. Then I can respond to your accusation as to whether I agree or disagree with it.
                Jim, this happened this week. Is your memory really that bad that you don’t remember accusing me of finding fault with everyone, but Trump? And we dyslexics think a lot different than the average person does.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And again:

Asking your plan for separating out human traffickers, coyotees, drug runners, gang members, etc from those escaping violence in their homelands is a valid question to ask. Are you going to answer it or are you going to make more long winded speeches, where you throw shade down on your fellow Christians and act all holy and better than everyone else who wants an answer?
                  It would be a valid question from someone interested in an answer. You are not, unfortunately, and I don't believe I'm obligated to pretend otherwise. You don't respond to the substance of an answer when provided one; your tendency is to either repeat what you had first said anyway or jump onto another question, another line of attack. We just went through a whole discussion about how polls weren't "wrong" about "predicting" a Clinton win without you managing to acknowledge baseline facts of even that rudimentary topic.

You are not, in other words, participating in good faith discussions here. I have given you all that you're owed.

--Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Jim, this happened this week. Is your memory really that bad that you don’t remember accusing me of finding fault with everyone, but Trump? And we dyslexics think a lot different than the average person does.
                    pixie, I have no way to know what you are talking about. I don't remember anything that fits your description, but what that probably means is that your description is your interpretation of something I said that I did not interpret as meaning what you have taken it to mean.

And I'm not about to try to guess.

Feel free to point it out and I will attempt to see what it is you see, otherwise you can consider this line of discussion closed.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I am from the land of sunshine so...
                      I live outside of what is in effect of forest city.

It's been a decade or so since the last flight so things could have changed but it was always something to be flying into Atlanta and see what looked like a city rising up out of the middle of the wood. The last house I owned was on a quarter acre lot in an upscale subdivision and it had well over 100 large trees on the property. Any other time and I could give you a pretty accurate number but it seems like it was over 120 maybe 140.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It would be a valid question from someone interested in an answer. You are not, unfortunately, and I don't believe I'm obligated to pretend otherwise. You don't respond to the substance of an answer when provided one; your tendency is to either repeat what you had first said anyway or jump onto another question, another line of attack. We just went through a whole discussion about how polls weren't "wrong" about "predicting" a Clinton win without you managing to acknowledge baseline facts of even that rudimentary topic.

You are not, in other words, participating in good faith discussions here. I have given you all that you're owed.

--Sam
                        * treats his opponents like trash, is shocked when the favor is returned*

What’s the problem Sam, don’t like the taste of the nastiness you’ve been subjecting others to? The problem with the polls is obvious, they were almost all wrong about their predictions.
                        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-18-2019, 03:03 PM.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

pixie, I have no way to know what you are talking about. I don't remember anything that fits your description, but what that probably means is that your description is your interpretation of something I said that I did not interpret as meaning what you have taken it to mean.

And I'm not about to try to guess.

Feel free to point it out and I will attempt to see what it is you see, otherwise you can consider this line of discussion closed.

Jim
                          Post 492 where you said:

“Because you have no problem identifying wrong doing in any person other than Trump.”

Problem? That statement is false.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Post 492 where you said:

“Because you have no problem identifying wrong doing in any person other than Trump.”

Problem? That statement is false.
                            I see. That is what this is all about?

Comment

I see. That is what this is all about?
                              That you’re not properly representing your opponents? Yes.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That you’re not properly representing your opponents? Yes.
                                So you mean this post

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                                Yes pix, it is a road I want to go down. Because you have no problem identifying wrong doing in any person other than Trump. But if it was Trump doing the arresting, you'd be telling me why my TDS was keeping me from understanding it was really all the MSM's fault and parading Lincoln as an example of why Trump doing it wasn't such a bad thing.

So while you like to project onto me your own issues and pretend it is some kind of specific hatred of Trump that I act from, the truth is I act from principle and it would not matter who it was being, acting, and doing the things Trump is doing, it would not matter who it was that had duped half the Christians in this country, I'd be just as concerned, and just as vocal about that person, whoever they might be.
                                Honestly, I think that was pretty much an on the mark description of where you were hailing from in that specific exchange. It wasn't meant to be literal however, just descriptive of the irrational approach you and others take when excusing Trumps actions. If trump is doing it, it is ok. If someone else did it, especially a Democrat, then it would be bad.

As general rule, it hits it right on the head.

Jim

Comment