Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Slaughtering our Kurdish allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    So naturally y'all leap with both feet to the worst possible interpretation. Got it.
    Naturally. You've defended worse from Trump rougue. I've even started threads saying - effectively - surely people can't support THIS - and sure enough, a good many of you do. Many time you and others have chastised me severely for pointing our what he is doing is immoral, after all, you didn't elect a saint. So I can't even count on the immorality of his actions as any indication you would be likely to reject them. So yes, if you don't explicitly say you are against what he is doing, I assume you are with what he is doing.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-08-2019, 07:42 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Naturally. You've defended worse from Trump rougue. I've even started threads saying - effectively - surely people can't support THIS - and sure enough, a good many of you do. Many time you and others have chastised me severely for pointing our what he is doing is immoral, after all, you didn't elect a saint. So I can't even count on the immorality of his actions as any indication you would be likely to reject them. So yes, if you don't explicitly say you are against what he is doing, I assume you are with what he is doing.

Jim
      And just like you and juv did here with me you took the worst possible interpretation, presented it as the only possible interpretation and demanded that everyone acquiesce to it, and condemning those that didn't.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!

Well, that's all right then.

But... isn't the ISIS Caliph still uncaptured?
        Last edited by Roy; 10-08-2019, 08:31 AM.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Personally I think it is a bad idea so you failed miserably at your attempt at mind reading.
          Did someone say you thought it was a good idea?

I'm merely pointing out that pulling the military out of various Middle Eastern conflicts was a campaign promise of Trump's.
          That's a stronger defense of his decision than we've seen from the Republican party leaders in either chamber, which puts you, as I said, off the scale on the partisan fringe.

Comment

And just like you and juv did here with me you took the worst possible interpretation, presented it as the only possible interpretation and demanded that everyone acquiesce to it, and condemning those that didn't.
            I don't think so. I thought you were supporting trump with your reply -no more, no less. That is all that could be understood from your reply w/o further explanation from you. -- actually -- my comment was that trump was acting out of self interest. You proposed and alternative explanation to protecting Trump towers Turkey, but I pointed out your objection was also self interest.

So there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of assuming about you at all in my comments.

However, In my response to your objection to be considered 'with' Trump, I noted that there was nothing in your reply that could have been interpreted otherwise. And I made clear that unless you note otherwise, I will assume you are if that is what you post implies for the reasons stated.

But in this section of text, I've only pointed out that your alternative reason is still an issue of self-interest for Trump.

Jim
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-08-2019, 11:04 AM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I don't think so. I thought you were supporting trump with your reply. That is all that could be understood from your reply w/o further explanation from you.

Jim
              Not that I'd ever object to unwitting irony, I wasn't even referencing him in 22.

Comment

Has the middle east ever not had conflict?
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Good question.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!

Well, that's all right then.

But... isn't the ISIS Caliph still uncaptured?
                    For now, we've got an unhinged caliph, and an uncaptured president, or maybe the other way around.

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Good question.

Jim
                      I'm cool with folks noticing other places have had lots of wars, but ya know, I'm trying to think of the last time that could be said of the U.S., and coming up blank, which makes me wonder about the relevance.

Comment

Babylon Bee on point as usual:

Trump Criticized For Breaking With Longstanding American Tradition Of Remaining In Middle Eastern Countries Indefinitely

WASHINGTON, D.C.—After Trump announced that US troops would be pulled out of Syria, the President was quickly criticized by leaders on both the left and the right for breaking with the longstanding American tradition of remaining in Middle Eastern countries indefinitely.

Trump drew ire from both sides of the aisle for his "careless and reckless" disregard for the beloved American custom of meddling overseas without a congressional declaration of war and then hanging around for another few decades.

"Occupying a country on the other side of the globe and staying there forever is an American pastime," said a CNN host. "For Trump to pull out when we haven't even been there a decade yet is a disgusting display of his selfishness and unwillingness to conform to the standards of presidential decorum."

"Has he no respect for our ways of life?" the host concluded gravely.

In a rare moment of unity, pundits on Fox News agreed. "We just need another 20 or 30 years in Syria, and we can accomplish our goals," said a morning host on the right-leaning news station. "He didn't even really give our soldiers a chance to settle in."

"This is America, for goodness' sake—land of the free and home of messing with other countries' affairs. I don't like criticizing the president, but he's way off on this one," he added.
                        https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-cr...s-indefinitely
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

When is the last time the USA actually bothered declaring war?
                          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Still self interest rogue.
                            Placating his anti-war base with actual anti-war actions is indeed a travesty.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              Placating his anti-war base with actual anti-war actions is indeed a travesty.
                              ... spin ... spin ... spin ... spin ... spin ...

Comment

Dems and Reps must quickly team up to dump Trump. Vamos!
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment