Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Slaughtering our Kurdish allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Demi, Turkey is no friend of the US, and never was. Unlike the Kurds who were our friends and allies
    Turkey is and has been an actual ally, the PKK is not. Also, the 'Kurds' are not all the same. There are many different groups, the friendly peshmerga Kurds in Iraq are not the Syrian Kurds, the latter are the violent terrorist commies.

- you are on the wrong side here brother... Let me tell you, I have a number of friends who are big Trump supporters they are quite upset with what he did...
    Then they don't understand that the Iraqi Kurds they worked with are different from the PKK, or they bought the BS that any cooperation with those that are violent terrorist commies was more any more than opportunistic and temporary.

How naive can they get, that working together with a group you officially recognise as a terrorist organisation against a worse one (ISIS), that is also a long-time enemy of a critical ally (Turkey), was going to be more than temporary. No one really expected such a thing to be permanent, not even the Kurds themselves. There is no alliance and no obligation to defend them
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 10-18-2019, 02:28 PM.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Wow. But I guess that was your goal, to say something that shocks some people on this website?

If I was you, I'd think a little more about what God thinks of such a comment. Because ultimately, He is who you'll answer to for that kind of public comment.
      Originally posted by JimL View Post
      A true christian wouldn't celebrate the execution/murder of a handcuffed Kurdish POW.
      The next time you get the urges to be a sanctimonious ass, remember your own burning hatred for Trump and take off that fake halo.

Demi is an all around fraud (remember the fake accent) disseminating divisive propaganda.
      You and Jaepc thought I was actually Russian, how moronic and tin-foiled hatted.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Reminiscent of the powerful warnings that Obama gave Syria. You know that laughable non-existent "red line." Neither are even worth the paper the message was written on.
        Most of this public display is kabuki for public consumption, with important communications behind the scenes. It's not meant to be worth anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          The next time you get the urges to be a sanctimonious ass, remember your own burning hatred for Trump and take off that fake halo.

You and Jaepc thought I was actually Russian, how moronic and tin-foiled hatted.
          Being offended at your callous disregard for the commitment of war crimes and the brutal taking of human life can only be described as 'being a sanctimonious ass' by a reprobate.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Being offended at your callous disregard for the commitment of war crimes and human life can only be described as 'being a sanctimonious ass' by a reprobate.

war crimes

and human life
            The Turks and PKK have been killing each other for decades, imagine thinking this is significant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
              As I stood on the parade field at Fort Bragg, one retired four-star general, grabbed my arm, shook me and shouted, “I don’t like the Democrats, but Trump is destroying the Republic!”

We are not the most powerful nation in the world because of our aircraft carriers, our economy, or our seat at the United Nations Security Council. We are the most powerful nation in the world because we try to be the good guys. We are the most powerful nation in the world because our ideals of universal freedom and equality have been backed up by our belief that we were champions of justice, the protectors of the less fortunate.

But, if we don’t care about our values, if we don’t care about duty and honor, if we don’t help the weak and stand up against oppression and injustice — what will happen to the Kurds, the Iraqis, the Afghans, the Syrians, the Rohingyas, the South Sudanese and the millions of people under the boot of tyranny or left abandoned by their failing states?

Trump has lost the military.
              I'm pretty sure the generals don't actually believe the PR BS to keep the eternal wars going. It's sad that Gabbard is the only major anti-war voice among the previous anti-war left, since that was maybe the only redeeming feature of the left.
              Last edited by demi-conservative; 10-18-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Reminder:

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                Babylon Bee on point as usual:

Trump Criticized For Breaking With Longstanding American Tradition Of Remaining In Middle Eastern Countries Indefinitely

WASHINGTON, D.C.—After Trump announced that US troops would be pulled out of Syria, the President was quickly criticized by leaders on both the left and the right for breaking with the longstanding American tradition of remaining in Middle Eastern countries indefinitely.

Trump drew ire from both sides of the aisle for his "careless and reckless" disregard for the beloved American custom of meddling overseas without a congressional declaration of war and then hanging around for another few decades.

"Occupying a country on the other side of the globe and staying there forever is an American pastime," said a CNN host. "For Trump to pull out when we haven't even been there a decade yet is a disgusting display of his selfishness and unwillingness to conform to the standards of presidential decorum."

"Has he no respect for our ways of life?" the host concluded gravely.

In a rare moment of unity, pundits on Fox News agreed. "We just need another 20 or 30 years in Syria, and we can accomplish our goals," said a morning host on the right-leaning news station. "He didn't even really give our soldiers a chance to settle in."

"This is America, for goodness' sake—land of the free and home of messing with other countries' affairs. I don't like criticizing the president, but he's way off on this one," he added.
                Later,

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                As I stood on the parade field at Fort Bragg, one retired four-star general, grabbed my arm, shook me and shouted, “I don’t like the Democrats, but Trump is destroying the Republic!”
                Onion level ridiculous.

Comment

Never mind, my eyes were finally 'opened'. Kind of scary it took me that long to see it.

Jim
                  Once, as I was talking to a Slovenian grad student, I momentarily confused it with Slovakia.

Comment

Turkey is and has been an actual ally, the PKK is not. Also, the 'Kurds' are not all the same. There are many different groups, the friendly peshmerga Kurds in Iraq are not the Syrian Kurds, the latter are the violent terrorist commies.

Then they don't understand that the Iraqi Kurds they worked with are different from the PKK, or they bought the BS that any cooperation with those that are violent terrorist commies was more any more than opportunistic and temporary.

How naive can they get, that working together with a group you officially recognise as a terrorist organisation against a worse one (ISIS), that is also a long-time enemy of a critical ally (Turkey), was going to be more than temporary. No one really expected such a thing to be permanent, not even the Kurds themselves. There is no alliance and no obligation to defend them
                    For one thing Erdogon is a dictator, and no friend to the U.S. or NATO. And the only commie around here is you. The U.S allied with the Kurds and the Kurds did the fighting and the dying, and abandining them now to be slaughtered is not only immoral, but it gives to Russia the foothold in Syria that they've been wanting for some time.

Comment

I don't know if you're Russian or not, perhaps you're just a troll, but like Trump who does Putins bidding, you might as well be Russian too.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the generals don't actually believe the PR BS to keep the eternal wars going.
                        Given a difference between the former head of the special forces and a Q-anon conspiracy theorist, which would you choose?

Meanwhile ...

Withdrawing from Syria is a grave mistake

By Mitch McConnell
                        Oct. 18, 2019 at 4:04 p.m. EDT
                        Mitch McConnell, a Republican from Kentucky, is majority leader of the U.S. Senate.
                        Withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria is a grave strategic mistake. It will leave the American people and homeland less safe, embolden our enemies, and weaken important alliances. Sadly, the recently announced pullout risks repeating the Obama administration’s reckless withdrawal from Iraq, which facilitated the rise of the Islamic State in the first place.

Trump has lost the Senate.

Comment

Given a difference between the former head of the special forces and a Q-anon conspiracy theorist, which would you choose?
                          Such an obvious sign of desperation, "he's a conspiracy theorist!" cries the well-known Russia-Trump and Trump-Ukraine conspiracy theorist.

Uh-huh. "He's going down this time, really!!!'

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            For one thing Erdogon is a dictator, and no friend to the U.S. or NATO.
                            Turkey is part of NATO and is actually a US ally, and has been for many decades, you utter ignoramus. The only ally in that place that the US has is Turkey.

it gives to Russia the foothold in Syria that they've been wanting for some time.
                            Idiot, Russia already has a 'foothold' in Syria which is called Assad.

Comment

Turkey is part of NATO and is actually a US ally, and has been for many decades, you utter ignoramus. The only ally in that place that the US has is Turkey.
                              Right, but they don't deserve to be in NATO, Erdogon is a dictator and an ally in name only. Heck, Turkey helped out ISIS while the US was at war with them. With allies like Turkey, the U.S. and NATO don't need enemies. They're more of a Russian ally, buying Russian missile systems, than they are allies of NATO.

Idiot, Russia already has a 'foothold' in Syria which is called Assad.
                              Well, lets just say that Russia foothold in Syria just got a lot stronger thanks to your hero, i.e. Putins puppet, in the White House.

Comment

Meanwhile ...

Withdrawing from Syria is a grave mistake

By Mitch McConnell
                                Oct. 18, 2019 at 4:04 p.m. EDT
                                Mitch McConnell, a Republican from Kentucky, is majority leader of the U.S. Senate.
                                Withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria is a grave strategic mistake. It will leave the American people and homeland less safe, embolden our enemies, and weaken important alliances. Sadly, the recently announced pullout risks repeating the Obama administration’s reckless withdrawal from Iraq, which facilitated the rise of the Islamic State in the first place.

Yes. Turkey got exactly what it wanted - U.S. surrendered unconditionally - Kurds lost their homeland & many lives
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment