Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Botham Jean witness ambushed, killed in parking lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botham Jean witness ambushed, killed in parking lot

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/bo...led/index.html

According to the family's attorney, "He had no known enemies. He worked for a living. He was not in the streets."

Something isn't right.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

smiley shock-wait.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]40097[/ATTACH]
      ? Popcorn?

You realize this is very likely a racially motivated retribution against a black man for being a key part in the conviction of a white female police women.

This in the face of a black family member and judge who extended compassion and forgiveness to that same white woman who had carelessly killed their brother or member of their community.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        ? Popcorn?

You realize this is very likely a racially motivated retribution against a black man for being a key part in the conviction of a white female police women.

This in the face of a black family member and judge who extended compassion and forgiveness to that same white woman who had carelessly killed their brother or member of their community.

Jim
        Look again. It is a way of expressing shocked interest. Sheesh.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ok - but that is not the normal use of that symbology on this website. And a symbol can only be expected speak to what it is tied to in the culture in which it is used.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Ok - but that is not the normal use of that symbology on this website. And a symbol can only be expected speak to what it is tied to in the culture in which it is used.

Jim
            That isn't the normal "popcorn" either.

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That isn't the normal "popcorn" either.
                I saw that, but and even looked closely to see what about it might imply something less ridiculous that 'watching the show' or if it had been tagged in a way that offered some other explanation for his use of the symbol before I replied and didn't see anything obvious or even subtle that would imply anything different.

Jim

Comment

I saw that, but and even looked closely to see what about it might imply something less ridiculous that 'watching the show' or if it had been tagged in a way that offered some other explanation for his use of the symbol before I replied and didn't see anything obvious or even subtle that would imply anything different.

Jim
                  You do understand that you got triggered by a smiley/emoticon, don't you?

Comment

Or feeding the starving NSAs.

Comment

This can’t be a random occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        It could be but that strains credulity

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Not random (which I grant because no killing is truly random) doesn't equal related. No known enemies doesn't equal no enemies.

Just once, could we let them actually investigate before drawing conclusions?
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Why should we expect this not to be some gang violence?
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                              Why should we expect this not to be some gang violence?
                              Why? Just because he's black?
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment