Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you think Trump will actually be impeached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Sounds like all you've done is think you found an opportunity to do your Christians Я Bad spiel even if you had to shoehorn it into a response showing support for Trump growing (especially among Indeps) in the face of an impeachment inquiry.
    Covenient narrative. Does nothing to adress my thinking, though.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Do you really think that explains why his numbers are going up -- especially among Independents?
      Like Cow Poke you forget the "Part of..." It cannot be too hard to see I do not claim to explain everything, and my statement does not even adress independents. Any points to make about what I actually wrote?
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Fascinating how the TDS crowd is still relying on the same folks that in effect lied to you for over 2 years about collusion to provide you with The Trooth™ about Ukraine.

Apparently y'all never heard the old expression "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, same on me." I guess some folks never live and learn
        Ad hominems about me and the source I pointed to. You know the genetic fallacy, or? If not it is right there in your own post. Let's see if you can find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Ad hominems about me....
          Shall I call the WAAAAAaaaaambulanc?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Like Cow Poke you forget the "Part of..." It cannot be too hard to see I do not claim to explain everything, and my statement does not even adress independents. Any points to make about what I actually wrote?
            The problem is that it really doesn't explain anything and pointing to the Indeps was a way of trying to get that across to you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• This thread isn't supposed to be about the normative question about whether he should be impeached. We have approximately 20 other threads going right now over that issue.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Do you really think that explains why his numbers are going up -- especially among Independents?
                At best Trump’s job approval rating stood virtually unchanged. And yet:

"At the same time, the share of Republicans backing a House impeachment inquiry doubled to 16% from 8% in August. A CBS News poll found 23% of Republicans backing an impeachment probe. In a USA Today survey, 30% of Republicans called it “an abuse of power” for Trump to ask Ukraine to investigate Biden. Even if they haven’t broken with their party’s president, those Republicans pose a particular danger to Trump, who once bragged that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in New York without losing support. “The willingness to hear this out is a sign that you’re not a Fifth Avenue Republican,” says GOP strategist Liam Donovan.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/07/poll...-to-trump.html
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

The problem is that it really doesn't explain anything and pointing to the Indeps was a way of trying to get that across to you.
                  When I state that part of the reason could be something particular I am neither claiming to explain everything nor to give a certain statement about the reason in some particular area. Seems you continue to miss the very basics about what I actually said.

Comment