Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you think Trump will actually be impeached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No. That's my point, nanny boy. We don't know the exact question, or the exact wording of the question, so it's impossible to determine the significance of the results.
    You did not answer this part: "Have you got any good reason to assume the results are insignificant or that leading questions were used?" Or is your point about it simply that you simply don't know?
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuckles View Post
      You did not answer this part: "Have you got any good reason to assume the results are insignificant or that leading questions were used?" Or is your point about it simply that you simply don't know?
      That's my point, nanny boy. We don't know the exact question, or the exact wording of the question, so it's impossible to determine the significance of the results.

(If you keep asking me the exact same question, I'm going to keep giving you the exact same answer.)
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        I believe you missed the the part where I explicitly said
        Charles, quite honestly, I don't give a flyin' flip what you said, explicitly or not.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Charles, quite honestly, I don't give a flyin' flip what you said, explicitly or not.
          But you did care to comment based on a misunderstanding of the point? Interesting.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

But you did care to comment based on a misunderstanding of the point? Interesting.
            Then I remembered what a nanny you are.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's my point, nanny boy. We don't know the exact question, or the exact wording of the question, so it's impossible to determine the significance of the results.

(If you keep asking me the exact same question, I'm going to keep giving you the exact same answer.)
              If you believe it is likely that they aim for certain results and do not have standards to go by, I will leave you to it. Just remember your own point when the results suit you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Then I remembered what a nanny you are.
                And then you just showed by your ad hominem that you do care.

Comment

And then you just showed by your ad hominem that you do care.
                  Sure. Whatever you say.

Comment

Not really.
                    You know, the White House used to be a classy joint, but just about now, Trump’s filling his pants and throwing his poo at the chandeliers in the East Room. Even Republicans will put up with only so much indignity.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                      If you believe it is likely that they aim for certain results and do not have standards to go by, I will leave you to it. Just remember your own point when the results suit you.
                      I do.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Part of the explanation could be that a lot of his supporters simply seem unwilling to even allow for the idea that he could do anything wrong. Falwell jr. seems to "reason" along those lines.
                        Do you really think that explains why his numbers are going up -- especially among Independents?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I believe you missed the the part where I explicitly said: "Part of the explanation could be..." There was no claim about explaining the alleged rise in support among independents. It has been interesting and surprising to see how far some white "evangelicals" are willing to follow Trump and find all sorts of excuses for him.
                          Sounds like all you've done is think you found an opportunity to do your Christians Я Bad spiel even if you had to shoehorn it into a response showing support for Trump growing (especially among Indeps) in the face of an impeachment inquiry.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Like our friend Gerson put it:

But then again a mere statement "Not really" and a shrug might convince some.
                            Fascinating how the TDS crowd is still relying on the same folks that in effect lied to you for over 2 years about collusion to provide you with The Trooth™ about Ukraine.

Apparently y'all never heard the old expression "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, same on me." I guess some folks never live and learn

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              You know, the White House used to be a classy joint, but just about now, Trump’s filling his pants and throwing his poo at the chandeliers in the East Room. Even Republicans will put up with only so much indignity.
                              Especially back in the 90s when Clinton was having oral sex with one of his interns in the Oval Office and renting out the Lincoln bedroom to whom ever lined their pockets with enough cash.

Comment

• At this point I think the real question of interest is when will Schiff recuse himself since the evidence is now showing that he is a material factual witness in the case and should be subpoenaed to testify in front of his own committee.

Comment