Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you think Trump will actually be impeached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    I didn't even know they made paintball machine guns...
    Empire-BT-D-Fender-Paintball-Gun.jpg

Top 6 Paintball Machine Gun Choices

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It's known as the Trump Boomerang Effect, and it's been happening pretty much since the day Trump announced his candidacy. You'd think Democrats would have learned their lesson by now.
      Let's say, just for grins, that the Democrats somehow manage to impeach before the 2020 election, and Trump does something so incredibly "out there" that the Senate has no choice but to convict.

Does that give the White House to the Democrats? It means we have President Pence to battle whoever the Democrat challenger will be, and the right will be SO HACKED at how the Democrats handled this thing - using their offices at the peoples' expense to focus all their time and energy on endless investigations and prosecutions while accomplishing WHAT, legislatively?

I really don't see a way for the Dems to win long term on this.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Let's say, just for grins, that the Democrats somehow manage to impeach before the 2020 election, and Trump does something so incredibly "out there" that the Senate has no choice but to convict.

Does that give the White House to the Democrats? It means we have President Pence to battle whoever the Democrat challenger will be, and the right will be SO HACKED at how the Democrats handled this thing - using their offices at the peoples' expense to focus all their time and energy on endless investigations and prosecutions while accomplishing WHAT, legislatively?

I really don't see a way for the Dems to win long term on this.
        If Trump is removed from office, it will be hell for Pence. He, too, will be subjected to endless investigations, scathing accusations and innuendo, and calls for his resignation, and unlike Trump who seems to thrive under adversity, I don't think Pence has the stomach for it, and he might very well resign and hand the presidency to (shudder) Nancy Pelosi.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If Trump is removed from office, it will be hell for Pence.
          They won't have time to remove him before the election, and it will expose the liberals for who they are - not just anti-Trump, but anti-democracy.

He, too, will be subjected to endless investigations, scathing accusations and innuendo, and calls for his resignation, and unlike Trump who seems to thrive under adversity, I don't think Pence has the stomach for it, and he might very well resign and hand the presidency to (shudder) Nancy Pelosi.
          I think, though, that the "national mood" would have significantly shifted by then, and President Pence could call upon the Nation to restore order and decency, exposing the liberals for the jackasses* they are.

*they chose the symbol, not me!

Comment

It's known as the Trump Boomerang Effect, and it's been happening pretty much since the day Trump announced his candidacy. You'd think Democrats would have learned their lesson by now.
            The problem is they seem oblivious to the return - and keep getting hit.

Or so I would say, but I realized it's more like this:

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by cow poke View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]40074[/ATTACH]

top 6 paintball machine gun choices

want!!!!!!
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

want!!!!!!
                Been on the receiving end of one of those (or one very similar).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Been on the receiving end of one of those (or one very similar).
                  At this point I just assume as much.

The question only occurs with things normal people don't survive.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Public support for impeachment is higher than it was for Nixon at this point in time of the process:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/polit...ing/index.html

So I'm going to change what I said earlier about his actual being removed not being possible. I'm going to bump it up to "unlikely".
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Public support for impeachment is higher than it was for Nixon at this point in time of the process:

So I'm going to change what I said earlier about his actual being removed not being possible. I'm going to bump it up to "unlikely".
                      Considering that just the previous year Nixon won by a huge landslide[1], I don't see why this would be any sort of surprise to anyone.

1. Getting 60.7% of the popular vote and carrying 49 states resulting in a difference of 520 to 17 votes in the Electoral College

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Considering that just the previous year Nixon won by a huge landslide[1], I don't see why this would be any sort of surprise to anyone.

1. Getting 60.7% of the popular vote and carrying 49 states resulting in a difference of 520 to 17 votes in the Electoral College
                        That and it was a slower breaking scandal. But that particular difference simply amplifies the uncertainty here.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

At this point I just assume as much.

The question only occurs with things normal people don't survive.
                          don't forget "or walk away from virtually unscathed" from things that should have caused multiple serious injuries. A good bit more of those than the other. smiley smugflag.gif

I forgot I had that smiley and needed to find a post to which I could reply to and use it.

Comment

As I said in response to a similar poll in another thread, it all depends on the question being and since "If Trump committed a crime, should he be impeached?" will get a far different result than "Do you believe Trump is guilty of a crime for which he should be impeached?"

Comment

Apples and mushrooms. Seriously, comparing old polls to new is usually gonna be skewed. Both of the old polls are in house - among the least reliable of all.

But more to the point, impeachment hadn't been bandied around for an entire term in either of the other cases - in the Nixon impeachment you're dealing with a completely different mindset - I doubt the poll then asked the best questions - not everyone knew what impeachment was or what might happen.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Apples and mushrooms. Seriously, comparing old polls to new is usually gonna be skewed. Both of the old polls are in house - among the least reliable of all.

But more to the point, impeachment hadn't been bandied around for an entire term in either of the other cases - in the Nixon impeachment you're dealing with a completely different mindset - I doubt the poll then asked the best questions - not everyone knew what impeachment was or what might happen.
                                Heck, people still don't have any idea what impeachment is. A lot of folks think it is synonymous with "remove from office".

Comment