Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you think Trump will actually be impeached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he is found to have committed a crime that winds up being an impeachable offence let justice be served. If he did not let justice be served. Truth at some point or another will prevail.

Honestly, I grow weary of how depressing politics is.
    sigpic

Comment

Impeached but not removed. He will read that as exoneration but the voters will not.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Impeached but not removed. He will read that as exoneration but the voters will not.
        Dem voters you mean...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Not whether he should, but what do you think is the likelihood of this?
          Do you mean impeached as in they'll hold the vote, or impeached as in he'll actually be removed from office?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            Do you mean impeached as in they'll hold the vote, or impeached as in he'll actually be removed from office?
            Both. I wasn't very clear, hence my follow-up question in #3.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Impeached, maybe... I'm not sure if the Democrats actually have the votes. Or the guts.

Removed from office? Not a chance.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                It's gone too far in the House for Dems to pull it back now. The rabid dogs want Trump impeached and don't care what it costs.
                What those for Impeachment care about is what it will cost if he is not impeached and convicted. Sometimes I think you Trumpsters want a lawless autocrat as your president. It's either got to be that or you'd have to be either ignorant or brainwashed. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  What those for Impeachment care about is what it will cost if he is not impeached and convicted. Sometimes I think you Trumpsters want a lawless autocrat as your president. It's either got to be that or you'd have to be either ignorant or brainwashed. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.
                  yet again, stay off the drugs, Jimmer
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    I suppose I should update my question to include the follow-up: assuming he's impeached, how likely is it that he'll be actually removed from office?
                    As you can see, that's quite an unprincipled bunch in the majority Republican Senate right now, led by Moscow Mitch, but in the end it will depend on the people and how they react to the Impeachment itself. Same thing happened with the Nixon Impeachment, Republicans held out until, in their own best political interests, they could no longer go along with the charade.

I do predict though that even if the unprincipled republican Senate does aquit, he'll lose the 2020 election in a landlside.
                    Last edited by JimL; 10-03-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

As you can see, that's quite an unprincipled bunch in the majority Republican Senate right now, led by Moscow Mitch, but in the end it will depend on the people and how they react to the Impeachment itself. Same thing happened with the Nixon Impeachment, Republicans held out until, in their own best political interests, they could no longer go along with the charade.

I do predict though that even if the unprincipled republican Senate does aquit, he'll lose the 2020 election in a landlside.
                      Schiff is heading an investigation in which he himself is a witness. There are now credible accusations he helped formulate the whistleblower complaint.

Not a single direct witness has come forward. The complaint is procedurally compromised. EVERY SWORN AFFIDAVIT - meaning they are testifying under penalty of law - SUPPORTS the President.

Bidengate is getting worse by the day.

This whole thing is starting to go up in smoke - Russia 2.0 will not help in next year's election. Well, not the Democrats, anyway...

The Democrats in the House better start campaigning hard - they lose the House and some of them will be looking at prosecution.

Meanwhile, Trump is breaking records in fundraising.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Schiff is heading an investigation in which he himself is a witness. There are now credible accusations he helped formulate the whistleblower complaint.
                        No there aren't.
                        Not a single direct witness has come forward. The complaint is procedurally compromised. EVERY SWORN AFFIDAVIT - meaning they are testifying under penalty of law - SUPPORTS the President.
                        Nonsense.
                        Bidengate is getting worse by the day.
                        For the president, yes, it surely is.
                        This whole thing is starting to go up in smoke - Russia 2.0 will not help in next year's election. Well, not the Democrats, anyway...
                        You must be living in a parallel universe, Tea.

The Democrats in the House better start campaigning hard - they lose the House and some of them will be looking at prosecution.
                        I don't think they're worried, House republicans on the other hand.....
                        He'll need it, he'll have to pay people to vote for him?

Comment

No there aren't.
                          Most certainly are.

Nonsense.
                          Factual truth, not nonsense. Unlike the 'inquiry' which really is nonsense.

For the president, yes, it surely is.
                          Nope.

You must be living in a parallel universe, Tea.
                          Nah.

I don't think they're worried, House republicans on the other hand.....
                          Democrats are in worse shape than Republicans - and they keep digging themselves deeper.

He'll need it, he'll have to pay people to vote for him?
                          It's a much more reliable metric than week old polling data.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

And a new Hill-HarrisX survey this week has Trump up in the polls, rising to a 49% approval rating (his highest this year) since all of this broke. And a Monmouth poll finding that by 43-37 people believe Trump about Biden. Obviously there is still a lot of "I don't know."

This does not seem to be going the way the left had hoped and planned.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              This does not seem to be going the way the left had hoped and planned.
                              It's known as the Trump Boomerang Effect, and it's been happening pretty much since the day Trump announced his candidacy. You'd think Democrats would have learned their lesson by now.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                                He could spray machine gun fire at random in the Capitol Building and the Senate Republicans would vote to acquit.
                                That's beyond stupid.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment