Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump now openly asks China for help in the 2020 election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump now openly asks China for help in the 2020 election

Well if there was any doubt what his intent was with the Ukraine Call, we can lay that to rest.

So now Trump just doubles down and of all things PUBLICLY asks Chine to 'investigate' the Biden's as well!

It just never ends with this guy.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...019/index.html

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Here's the BBC report.

He's not so much asking China to assist his election efforts by digging dirt on possible opponents, as rubbishing his opposition - though it could and possibly would be taken as a suggestion that if the Chinese authorities provide anything damning on Joe Biden, Trump might reciprocate in some way.

What happens next is likely to depend on whether the Chinese authorities would prefer Trump as US president rather than whoever (Rep or Dem) might replace him, and if not, whether any benefit of getting rid of Trump would be greater than the potential cost of antagonisation.
    Last edited by Roy; 10-03-2019, 11:25 AM.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

That assumes Biden is going to be his opponent, which is unlikely and getting more improbable every day.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        That assumes Biden is going to be his opponent, which is unlikely and getting more improbable every day.
        And assumes Trump's motives in doing so.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The Dems already told us there is no evidence of the Biden's unscrupulous behavior, so any thing that Trump has mentioned about China doing an investigation is therefore insignificant.

Comment

The Dems already say that there is no evidence against the Bidens. Thus, any such investigation by the Ukraine or China is insignificant. No?

Comment

I think I might respect Trump for his few interesting legislative moves: taking on China, eliminating veterans' student debt, and a few others. Minus his shooting himself in the foot (twice now) and his Twitter garbage, he'd be much more defendable. For every positive thing he's done as executive manager of the US, he sabotages himself double. It'd be maddening if I voted for him.

I can't imagine his smarter voters are pleased with his consistent foot shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                The Dems already say that there is no evidence against the Bidens. Thus, any such investigation by the Ukraine or China is insignificant. No?
                I have never heard that mentality attributed to the Mueller investigation.
                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Republicans, never: "Oh, you're investigating Trump's secret ties to Russian oligarchs and government liaisons? Go right ahead, nothing to see there."
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Quite the reverse. It shows Trump is more frightened of Biden than anyone else and prepared to stop at nothing in his attempt to discredit him. Biden is the obvious challenger to Trump.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Republicans, never: "Oh, you're investigating Trump's secret ties to Russian oligarchs and government liaisons? Go right ahead, nothing to see there."
                      I see you're not a big fan of due process and "innocent until proven guilty".
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I see you're not a big fan of due process and "innocent until proven guilty".

"All these investigations into Trump based on credible allegations, complaints, and investigative reports are witch hunts! Witch hunts!"

"We must investigate Joe Biden, given the appearance of impropriety, with or without predicating evidence!"

If nothing else, at least everyone can see there's no bottom here, no principle in action except destruction of one's enemies.

-Sam

Comment

"Trump is guilty! We just have conduct endless investigations to figure out what he's guilty of! "
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            "Trump is guilty! We just have conduct endless investigations to figure out what he's guilty of! "
                            I'm fine restricting the investigations to situations with material evidence of wrongdoing.

That'll keep us busy for awhile.

--Sam

Comment

the investigation is complete now. 2.5 hours after Sam's post

Comment