Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lindsey Graham asks countries to cooperate with Barr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsey Graham asks countries to cooperate with Barr

Jam your tin foil hats on harder, Trump-haters, because every day more conspirators are being revealed.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham on Wednesday asked several foreign leaders to continue to assist Attorney General William Barr with his investigation into the 2016 election.

In a letter to the prime ministers of Australia, Italy and Britain, the South Carolina Republican requested their “continued cooperation with Attorney General Barr as the Department of Justice continues to investigate the origins and extent of foreign influence in the 2016 election.”
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...leaders-022594
    Graham has thrown in with Barr-Guiliani-Trump-Zelensky-Morrison, time to go crazy!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Trying to undermine US security services for Russia's benefit. I am surprised that Conservatives are so eager to please Putin.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Trying to undermine US security services for Russia's benefit. I am surprised that Conservatives are so eager to please Putin.
      They don't want to please Putin, they've just lost sight of reality, of integrity, of who they are, or at least who they were. There is a very high cost to pay for attaching yourself to a person like Trump. The conscience gets seered and sometimes become so invested in what has been sacrificed morally that to pull back, to admit it was wrong all along, seems more devastating than continuing down the path.

Jeff Flake made just such a call to make a turn for the sake of conscience. It's just so obvious, yet so sad, what is happening here.

I had a conversation with a YEC friend once who had just passed out some material he KNEW was false at our church. And in a weak moment, as we discussed the simple reality of the unsupportability of the position, he simply said (paraphrase) "yes, but I've done all these classes and spent so many years teaching this position that ..." and he just pretty much stopped there.

If a person continuously pushes back their conscience and continues on ignoring obvious evil and/or lies for some 'greater' purpose, even becomes part of giving that evil and those lies a voice, it takes a real toll on who that person is.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        They don't want to please Putin, they've just lost sight of reality, of integrity, of who they are, or at least who they were. There is a very high cost to pay for attaching yourself to a person like Trump. The conscience gets seered and sometimes become so invested in what has been sacrificed morally that to pull back, to admit it was wrong all along, seems more devastating than continuing down the path.

Jeff Flake made just such a call to make a turn for the sake of conscience. It's just so obvious, yet so sad, what is happening here.

I had a conversation with a YEC friend once who had just passed out some material he KNEW was false at our church. And in a weak moment, as we discussed the simple reality of the unsupportability of the position, he simply said (paraphrase) "yes, but I've done all these classes and spent so many years teaching this position that ..." and he just pretty much stopped there.

If a person continuously pushes back their conscience and continues on ignoring obvious evil and/or lies for some 'greater' purpose, even becomes part of giving that evil and those lies a voice, it takes a real toll on who that person is.

Jim
        Irony at its finest.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Irony at its finest.
          As Colonel Nathan Jessup quiped in A Few Good Men "you can't handle the truth!"

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Sweety, I’m not the one pressing forth conspiracy theories, as fact. You guys are.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Lindsey Graham has the look of a man that's ashamed to be Lindsey Graham. Once critical, he is now, inexplicably, Trump's number one fan.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Yeah, that was just before his arrest, wasn't it?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Yeah, that was just before his arrest, wasn't it?
                      Yep, doesn't change the fact that the quip applies to you. You guys obviously don't function according to truth, facts or the rule of law. That's just not the republican way when it comes to governance.

Comment

Yep, doesn't change the fact that the quip applies to you.
                        Actually, it doesn't apply to me at all, unless you can actually show that I "can't handle the truth". You can't do that, so you'll just lob turds.

You guys obviously don't function according to truth, facts or the rule of law. That's just not the republican way when it comes to governance.
                        Is your little world so completely defunct that all you have is false accusations and outright lies? You are becoming the very image the Trump you hate so much.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, it doesn't apply to me at all, unless you can actually show that I "can't handle the truth". You can't do that, so you'll just lob turds.
                          D.J. Trump isn't fit for the office of President of the U.S. Is he a pathological liar, a crook, an immoral reprobate and an abuser of the powers given him? No, you say. You can't handle the truth!

Is your little world so completely defunct that all you have is false accusations and outright lies? You are becoming the very image the Trump you hate so much.
                          No outright lies, you Trumpsters have made it perfectly clear, you just can't handle the truth, because you support the liar in chief.

Comment

D.J. Trump isn't fit for the office of President of the U.S. Is he a pathological liar, a crook, an immoral reprobate and an abuser of the powers given him? No, you say. You can't handle the truth!
                            Calm yourself, JimmyPoo, I've never defended Trump's propensity to bend the truth.

No outright lies, you Trumpsters have made it perfectly clear, you just can't handle the truth, because you support the liar in chief.
                            Yup - you're becoming TrumpJunior.

Comment

Calm yourself, JimmyPoo, I've never defended Trump's propensity to bend the truth.
                              Yeah, that's the easy one, CP, can't very well defend that can you? You just defended every accussation against him.

Yup - you're becoming TrumpJunior.
                              No, just pointing out the facts which you can't handle.

Comment