Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Run, Hillary, Run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Sabato had an excellent track record up until 2016 when he predicted Hillary winning 322 to 216 and the Democrats taking control of the Senate.
    No one bats a thousand - but, yeah, when I saw his final prediction I was thinking "you know better - heck, you taught me!!!!"*

*His books were required in courses I took.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      No, she lost - pretty badly in the College where it counts.
      Yep, she lost in the electoral college, but she won with the people, just as the polls predicted she would. If it weren't for the Russians and Jill Stein she'd have won the electoral college as well. Unfortunately the Russians won.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Yep, she lost in the electoral college,
        And that's the only thing that matters, because both sides were fully aware of the rules, and ran their campaigns accordingly.

Hillary is not POTUS
        SCOTUS is not Hillary's.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          ...the Russians won.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            And that's the only thing that matters, because both sides were fully aware of the rules, and ran their campaigns accordingly.

Hillary is not POTUS
            SCOTUS is not Hillary's.
            No, I think the Russian interference meant to get Putins man into the Whire House matters as well, CP. And it all certainly worked out for Russia.

Comment

No, I think the Russian interference meant to get Putins man into the Whire House matters as well, CP. And it all certainly worked out for Russia.
              You are free to believe any nutty conspiracy theory you wish, however, you don't have a shred of evidence that a single vote was changed...

Testifying in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee Thursday morning, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper made it clear Russian hacking didn't change the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.

"They did not change any vote tallies or anything of that sort," Clapper stated.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You are free to believe any nutty conspiracy theory you wish, however, you don't have a shred of evidence that a single vote was changed...

Testifying in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee Thursday morning, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper made it clear Russian hacking didn't change the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.

"They did not change any vote tallies or anything of that sort," Clapper stated.
                Right, and there is zero evidence that their** underfunded and underwhelming social media campaign compelled even a single voter to change his mind, let alone changed enough minds to swing the election Trump's way.

**In fact, we don't even know if the Russian government was behind the memes being posted to Facebook. For that matter, we don't know if Russia was behind the "hack" because law enforcement was never given direct access to the evidence. The only thing on record is a redacted preliminary report provided by CrowdStrike working for the Democrat party.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Right, and there is zero evidence that their** underfunded and underwhelming social media campaign compelled even a single voter to change his mind, let alone changed enough minds to swing the election Trump's way.

**In fact, we don't even know if the Russian government was behind the memes being posted to Facebook. For that matter, we don't know if Russia was behind the "hack" because law enforcement was never given direct access to the evidence. The only thing on record is a redacted preliminary report provided by CrowdStrike working for the Democrat party.
                  AND... this all happened under Obama's careful watch! Why aren't they screaming at him?

Comment

Yep, she lost in the electoral college, but she won with the people, just as the polls predicted she would. If it weren't for the Russians and Jill Stein she'd have won the electoral college as well. Unfortunately the Russians won.
                    Fortunately, Google lost.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I know that you're not so dumb, CP, as to interpret that to mean that Russian interference had no effect on the way people actually voted, even though that's what you're trying to imply. But in case you are, what he was actually saying is that the voting machines themselves, the tallies thereof, weren't somehow manipulated.

Comment

AND... this all happened under Obama's careful watch! Why aren't they screaming at him?
                        Already been explained to you ad infinitum. explaining it again obviously isn't going to help you.

Comment

Already been explained to you ad infinitum. explaining it again obviously isn't going to help you.
                          How bout dialing down the snark a bit and provide an actual quote where this has been adequately explained.

Comment

Hillary is not POTUS
                            SCOTUS is not Hillary's.

The above is the result of a failed search for the one I wanted showing the living presidents at Bush's funeral with something to point out they're a president and just nope beside Hillary.

Never say never.

Last edited by rogue06; 10-10-2019, 02:34 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Because the plan was for Hillary to win, and then the Democrats would have used the Russian collusion hoax and the full power of the US government to destroy Trump politically, professionally, and personally as a warning to any Washington "outsider" who dared to set foot in their sandbox. And Trump, being a private citizen, would have been virtually powerless to defend himself.

Comment

How bout dialing down the snark a bit and provide an actual quote where this has been adequately explained.
                                At that time there was not much that could be done other than to warn Putin, which Obama personally did himself, as well as did CIA head Brennan. He then briefed Congress on the situation and Moscow Mitch made it known to the administration that he would consider any effort to challenge the Russians publicly, an act of partisan politics.

Comment