Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Run, Hillary, Run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run, Hillary, Run?

Source: The Washington Times

Media attention will intensify on Hillary Clinton on Tuesday. The former first lady, senator, secretary of state and Democratic presidential candidate is ready for another round in the public arena. She has a new book arriving, written with the help of a very close relative. Behold. Here comes “The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience” — all 464 pages of it.

Indeed, the new book of essays now landing on the shelves is written by Mrs. Clinton and her daughter Chelsea Clinton, is published by Simon & Schuster. Some informed observers speculate the book could be yet another indicator — along with increased public appearances and commentary — that Mrs. Clinton pines for a political comeback.

What kind of comeback? Oh, maybe the bumper stickers will read BIDEN/CLINTON 2020, WARREN/CLINTON 2020 — or even CLINTON/CLINTON 2020. Who the heck knows?

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Personally, this is when I expected Biden to announce - he entered the race kinda early given his polling. this is the second article I've seen about her in the last couple days.

So maybe they should wonder about CLINTON/whoever instead?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

I think (and I can't believe I'm saying this) that she's WAY too moderate for the current liberal drivers of this thing.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

She's just not a likeable person. She comes across as very arrogant and sour, even when putting on her "kindly grandmother" act.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Compared to the policy proposals we're seeing from the current crop, by comparison, she looks like one of the adults in the room...
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Compared to the policy proposals we're seeing from the current crop, by comparison, she looks like one of the adults in the room...
          like the wicked stepmother?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            The devil you know vs. the devil you don't.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Biden's in the weeds, Bernie probably had a heart attack.

It's time, Hillary! Run! Third time's the charm!
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Trump: I think that Crooked Hillary Clinton should enter the race to try and steal it away from Uber Left Elizabeth Warren.
                Hillary: Don't tempt me.
                https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...45880983732224
                Do it, Hillary! Steal it from Warren!
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  "Mom" on Futurama?

Rasmussen has Hillary and Trump tied.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    "Mom" on Futurama?

Rasmussen has Hillary and Trump tied.
                    It's not unusual for politicians who aren't actively in the public eye to poll higher than those who are. Remember how high Biden's poll numbers were until he started campaigning?

The only thing really in Hillary's favor is that the media would try to treat all of her past scandals as "old news" and attempt to give her a clean slate to run on.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

She is actively fundraising - for a measly $50,000 you can have supper at her house!
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        She is actively fundraising - for a measly $50,000 you can have supper at her house!
                        And, while you're there, maybe you can view some of the White House furniture?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox News
                          "So maybe there does need to be a rematch," Clinton added. "Obviously, I can beat him again. But, just seriously, I don't understand, I don't think anybody understands what motivates him, other than personal grievance, other than seeking adulation."

Source
                          Yep, she's running!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            It's not unusual for politicians who aren't actively in the public eye to poll higher than those who are. Remember how high Biden's poll numbers were until he started campaigning?

The only thing really in Hillary's favor is that the media would try to treat all of her past scandals as "old news" and attempt to give her a clean slate to run on.
                            I heard her on the radio dismissing the 33,000 missing emails as old news that has already been answered. I guess she means the yoga and exchanges with Bill (who later said he didn't use email) lame excuse.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              The true test of viability is whether the Clinton Foundation all of a sudden starts getting millions of dollars poured into it again.

Comment