Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Run, Hillary, Run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Still a sore loser? You look like a weenie, crying about how the rules should be changed after losing the game. Years later. That's just unmanly, sad and pathetic.
    Waaaaannnnnhhhhhh - the OTHER team won the World Series even though we had lots more runners on base than they did!!! How DARE they give the win to the OTHER team simply because they scored more runs. CHEATERS!!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Warren leads [Biden and Sanders] in the polls!
      Mostly because they both imploded and not because she's a particularly strong candidate.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Mostly because they both imploded and not because she's a particularly strong candidate.
        Sanders had a heart attack and Biden keeps having brain farts. Warren is going to look stronger.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Waaaaannnnnhhhhhh - the OTHER team won the World Series even though we had lots more runners on base than they did!!! How DARE they give the win to the OTHER team simply because they scored more runs. CHEATERS!!!!!
          There have been times when I wished those were the rules (in baseball, I mean)
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Laughing..... yeah, I love baseball, but sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Sanders had a heart attack and Biden keeps having brain farts. Warren is going to look stronger.
              Ironically, the "whistleblower" gambit hasn't done Biden any favors, either. It's like Democrats pulled the pin on the grenade but forgot to throw it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Or in football when your team dominates the stats in every area except points scored.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Yep, which is why she won by 3 million votes.
                  No, she lost - pretty badly in the College where it counts.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I guess that's why they all beat Trump in the polling.
                    An overall, nationwide poll, perhaps--but that doesn't determine the winner. Has anyone done calculations for how, based on the polls at least, the election would shake out in the electoral college?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                      An overall, nationwide poll, perhaps--but that doesn't determine the winner. Has anyone done calculations for how, based on the polls at least, the election would shake out in the electoral college?
                      Try Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball - they follow state polling and elections closely.

FYi: it's still too early - the horses aren't even at the track yet.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Try Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball - they follow state polling and elections closely.
                        Thanks. This is what we'd be looking for:
                        http://crystalball.centerforpolitics...020-president/

Unfortunately, this was last updated September 19 so it's a bit out of date. But it currently gives (for electoral votes) 248 Democrat, 248 Republican, and 42 Toss-Ups.

Oh, I know it's too early. I was just noting that if we do want to judge it by polls, we have to do it on a state-by-state poll rather than an overall national one.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          Thanks. This is what we'd be looking for:
                          http://crystalball.centerforpolitics...020-president/
                          Yep, that's it. This early, there won't be a lot of shifting so they won't update as often - I expect they will shortly, though.

Unfortunately, this was last updated September 19 so it's a bit out of date. But it currently gives (for electoral votes) 248 Democrat, 248 Republican, and 42 Toss-Ups.
                          Yep, but there's a lot of light blue and toss ups where there didn't use to be. Wisconsin in toss up? You couldn't have taken bets on that four years ago, even this semi-ridiculously early.

Oh, I know it's too early. I was just noting that if we do want to judge it by polls, we have to do it on a state-by-state poll rather than an overall national one.
                          Cool.
                          Last edited by Teallaura; 10-09-2019, 10:47 PM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No stupid. I said the polls were correct in that they had Hillary up, because she won the popular vote by 3 million votes.

Oh, you don't like democracy Max? Then again, you are a republican, so that would make sense.
                            Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Ironically, the "whistleblower" gambit hasn't done Biden any favors, either. It's like Democrats pulled the pin on the grenade but forgot to throw it.
                              Considering how many if not most Democrats and nearly all of the MSM are to the left of Biden they were likely more than willing to sacrifice Biden if they thought they could damage Trump.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Sabato had an excellent track record up until 2016 when he predicted Hillary winning 322 to 216 and the Democrats taking control of the Senate.

Comment