Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump suggests civil war should he be Impeached.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yes there was rogue. If you were 15 and had never done anything but menial jobs you could be excused. But anyone that has ever worked in any sort of job where they had to interface with management or especially upper level management knows exactly what trump was doing. Again, your pretense of innocence or ignorance wears extremely thin here. You know better.

Jim
    I just finished meeting with an Admiral and 2 3-star generals, Jim. I think I qualify. And Rogue is correct. Trump did no such thing. Innuendo and anti-Trump hatred just ain't gonna cut it.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]40047[/ATTACH]
      I'm fascinated by the implication that dogs hear in cursive.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Yes there was rogue. If you were 15 and had never done anything but menial jobs you could be excused. But anyone that has ever worked in any sort of job where they had to interface with management or especially upper level management knows exactly what trump was doing. Again, your pretense of innocence or ignorance wears extremely thin here. You know better.

Jim
        Exactly. I wonder why anyone would make such a statement that Rogue made with so little concern for context.

Of course there can be different opinions on how serious it is but to be unwilling or unable to see it is quite a stretch to say the least.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I'm fascinated by the implication that dogs hear in cursive.
          You didn't know that?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Exactly. I wonder why anyone would make such a statement that Rogue made with so little concern for context.

Of course there can be different opinions on how serious it is but to be unwilling or unable to see it is quite a stretch to say the least.
            Inventing it out of a desire for it to be there is where the stretching is taking place.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Inventing it out of a desire for it to be there is where the stretching is taking place.
              It is taking place when you go for a one sided interpretation in which you need to ignore context. The idea that this is just some invention shows us how much your own intepretation is based on desire.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

It is taking place when you go for a one sided interpretation in which you need to ignore context.
                There is indeed a side here which is ignoring context. Bill's not on it.
                The idea that this is just some invention shows us how much your own intepretation is based on desire.
                Unproven assertion coupled with attempted mind-reading. Nice.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

There is indeed a side here which is ignoring context. Bill's not on it.
                  Here is what he said in the post I answered: "Trump did no such thing. Innuendo and anti-Trump hatred just ain't gonna cut it."

I don't see too much concern for context here but it seems you do...

Unproven assertion coupled with attempted mind-reading. Nice.
                  See above.

Comment

It is taking place when you go for a one sided interpretation in which you need to ignore context. The idea that this is just some invention shows us how much your own intepretation is based on desire.
                    Military aid was not even brought up in the conversation. That's the context you wish was there. It isn't. It's like Stretch Armstrong with you lot....
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Military aid was not even brought up in the conversation. That's the context you wish was there. It isn't. It's like Stretch Armstrong with you lot....
                      It's their imaginative conspiracy theorizing that compels to conclude that Velinsky must have known about it even if Trump didn't mention it, same as they insist that Vellinsky must be lying when he said on the record that he did not feel pressured or coerced by Trump to investigate Biden's corruption. They assume that whatever they want to believe is necessarily true and then twist the facts to support their beliefs.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Here is what he said in the post I answered: "Trump did no such thing. Innuendo and anti-Trump hatred just ain't gonna cut it."

I don't see too much concern for context here but it seems you do...
                        I'm looking at the broader context of what Trump said and what he is alleged to have been saying, like Bill is doing.
                        See above.
                        Yep, appears to be an attempt to read my mind, too. I thought you didn't like people attacking others and engaging in mindreading, but that's all I'm seeing in the posts to which I'm responding here.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It's a bit funny that I talk about the context of the conversation and then you talk about what was said in the conversation. Then you go on to conclude that if something was not mentioned in the conversation it was not part of the context. You might want to study the meaning of the word context.

Now turning to the content of the conversation you claim there is no talk of military aid. President Zelenskyy said:

It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than the European Union and I'm very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation. I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.
                          Empasis mine.

And right after that Trump says:

I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it.
                          https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/25/p...all/index.html

So not only did you confuse content with context. You also simply missed what the actual content was.

Comment

I'm looking at the broader context of what Trump said and what he is alleged to have been saying, like Bill is doing.
                            Bill did not do that in the post i refered to. And he then went on to confuse content and context and make a false statement about the content. See my reply here: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post674295

Yep, appears to be an attempt to read my mind, too. I thought you didn't like people attacking others and engaging in mindreading, but that's all I'm seeing in the posts to which I'm responding here.
                            Then you are missing the main points. I have not attacked any persons but I disagree with what some persons have said and explain why i disagree.

Comment

It's a bit funny that I talk about the context of the conversation and then you talk about what was said in the conversation. Then you go on to conclude that if something was not mentioned in the conversation it was not part of the context. You might want to study the meaning of the word context.
                              Inventing context based on obfuscating content is what you are doing. I am explaining context due to lack of content.

Now turning to the content of the conversation you claim there is no talk of military aid. President Zelenskyy said:

Empasis mine.
                              This was referring to PRIOR support, not future support. CONTEXT, Chuck...

Correct. Trump was asking for the new PM to continue the investigation that the prior administration prematurely cut off. There was no mention of future aid, nor a threat to withhold if they didn't. Leaders negotiate with each other all the time.

So not only did you confuse content with context. You also simply missed what the actual content was.
                              No I didn't. I got BOTH accurate while you blew both on your a priori belief that Trump threatened the PM.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

This was referring to PRIOR support, not future support. CONTEXT, Chuck...
                                Let's look at the quote again:

It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than the European Union and I'm very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation. I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.
                                Empasis mine.

So not only are you confusing the concepts of content and context, you are also starting to claim that when someone talks about what IS or the "next steps" it refers to what was prior. I have no idea why anyone would make statements that are so easily proven to be wrong.

Comment