Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Exact Crime Is Trump Guilty Of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Campaign finance fraud, extortion of a foriegn ally, abuse of power. He asked Zelensky, a U.S. ally, to dig up dirt on his political opponent in exchange for the military aid...
    Pretty much nothing but fevered delusions lacking any evidence that is infesting the TDS crowd.

Personally, I'd be more than a little surprised if the Trump campaign didn't violate some campaign finance law. I cannot think of a single presidential campaign that hasn't over the last few decades. Let's see if it is nearly as bad as those committed by the Obamessiah who was forced to pay a near record fine of $350,000 $375,000 for what they did.
    Last edited by rogue06; 10-01-2019, 06:48 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Pretty much nothing but fevered delusions lacking any evidence that is infesting the TDS crowd.

Personally, I'd be more than a little surprised if the Trump campaign didn't violate some campaign finance law. I cannot think of a single presidential campaign that hasn't over the last few decades. Let's see if it is nearly as bad as those committed by the Obamessiah who was forced to pay a near record fine of $350,000 for what they did.
      Right campaign finance violations incur fines, not impeachment.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Obama's violations were amongst the most egregious ever forcing him to pay one of the largest fines ever levied -- $350,000. And to nobody's surprise nearly all of the MSM studiously ignored it.
        Oops. My bad. It was $375,000

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Right campaign finance violations incur fines, not impeachment.
          Federal Election Commission violations are considered a civil matter

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Trump has said that he asked Zelenskyy to investigate the Bidens. It's right there in the transcript: Trump asks for a favor, starts talking about Crowdstrike. Zelenskyy responds, reassuring Trump that he's spoken with Giuliani and that he "surrounds [himself] with great people" and that "all the investigations will be done openly and candidly". Trump then pivots directly to "you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair". That's Lutsenko, who Giuliani had been haranguing to begin an investigation into Joe Biden but was fired by Zelenskyy. Trump calls his termination unfair, praises Giuliani, and then says "The other thing, there's a lot of talk about Biden's son".

This is really one of the sadder talking points to land on, demanding a tortured parsing of Trump shaking Zelenskyy down for investigations into "Crowdstrike" and the Bidens in exchange for military aid. Everyone who reads the transcript knows what Trump was demanding from Zelenskyy -- not least because Trump himself confirmed the Biden ask when questioned and didn't bother to mention the Crowdstrike ask -- and only the propagandists think they can get away with claiming otherwise.

--Sam
            Doesn't change a thing, the favor was about Crowdstrike, period. The point is Trump did not do anything illegal, there was nothing wrong with asking Zelensky to look into it, there is NO EVIDENCE that this would help Trump, it could just as well proven Biden innocent. Never mind the fact that no president has ever been impeached over campaign finance violations - they are fined - so fine Trump...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Federal Election Commission violations are considered a civil matter
              Of course there is a different standard for Trump. And how come the Dems are not referencing the campaign finance law that Star brought up? Too weak for impeachment?

Comment

Of course there is a different standard for Trump. And how come the Dems are not referencing the campaign finance law that Star brought up? Too weak for impeachment?
                Wrong, you're purposefully focusing on one aspect of the crime bosses criminality. Extortion of an ally by way of taxpayer dollars, which btw is aiding the enemy and a breach of national security, abuse of power. You do realize that Ukraine is at war, right, and that Congress appropriated millions in military aid for Ukraine, right? But Trump, in the best interests of Russia, withheld that military aid for quite some time, and then used it in an attempt to extort the Ukrainian government, not only to help him politically, but to shift the blame for the 2016 election interference from Russia to Ukraine thereby giving him reason to lift the Obama sanctions put on his Russian dictator buddies country.

Comment

Wrong, you're purposefully focusing on one aspect of the crime bosses criminality. Extortion of an ally by way of taxpayer dollars, which btw is aiding the enemy and a breach of national security, abuse of power. You do realize that Ukraine is at war, right, and that Congress appropriated millions in military aid for Ukraine, right? But Trump, in the best interests of Russia, withheld that military aid for quite some time, and then used it in an attempt to extort the Ukrainian government, not only to help him politically, but to shift the blame for the 2016 election interference from Russia to Ukraine thereby giving him reason to lift the Obama sanctions put on his Russian dictator buddies country.
                  Last edited by seer; 10-01-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                    Campaign finance law, and the bribery statutes are two of the most obvious laws he appears to have broken.

Campaign finance:
                    52 USC 30121(a)
                    "It shall be unlawful for a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation [including any "thing of value"] [for an electoral campaign]... from a foreign national."

Campaigns can purchase things with money from foreign nationals, including opposition research, which they commonly do. But campaigns cannot be donated things for free except under specific conditions (i.e. by American citizens, less than $2700 per person, and the campaign has to file forms declaring the donations) and they can't ask for things to be donated for free.

Paid for = legal. Received for free = illegal.
                    So if Trump had paid Zelensky for help, you and the other leftists would have had no problem with it? Star do you know how stupid that sounds?

Comment

So if Trump had paid Zelensky for help, you and the other leftists would have had no problem with it? Star do you know how stupid that sounds?
                      Trump did pay, he proffered nearly 400 million in military aid in return for manufacturing dirt on his political rival. How long are you guys willing to play dumb when it comes to Trump?

Comment

Trump did pay, he proffered nearly 400 million in military aid in return for manufacturing dirt on his political rival. How long are you guys willing to play dumb when it comes to Trump?
                        No he didn't Jim, and you can not show that to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Trump did pay, he proffered nearly 400 million in military aid in return for manufacturing dirt on his political rival.
                          I must have missed that part of the transcript. Would you mind quoting Trump's exact words?

Thanks!
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I must have missed that part of the transcript. Would you mind quoting Trump's exact words?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Thanks!
                              Jim's implication that dirt needs to manufactured on Biden is precious.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/laws...er-case-2019-9

Also a good case for witness intimidation, from his tweets. Not established, but a credible case. That's why you conduct an inquiry.

Comment