Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

2020 Elections and my Pessimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Elections and my Pessimism

If most republicans and independents vote for Trump in 2020 and if half the of the Democrat voters also choose Trump in 2020, will this be enough votes to overcome those votes cast for the Democratic candidate?

Why do you think half of Democratic voters are going to vote for Trump? As of earlier this month, he polls at 3% among Democrats according to Gallup.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/...ald-trump.aspx
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think he's joking, suggesting that Democrats will pad the ballot box.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I haven't evaluated the following article, but it seems unlikely that voters in Orange County had changed so quickly toward Democrat candidates.

source: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...ur-seats-blue/
        headline:Ballot Harvesting” Added Over 250,000 Votes in Orange County – Flipping Four Seats Blue
        The Democrats in California quietly passed legislature in 2016 allowing ballot harvesting.
        Very few people took notice when far left Governor Jerry Brown signed the changes in AB1921 into law two years ago.
        As a result, California lost 7 of its 14 Republican House seats this election cycle.
        Ballot harvesting is illegal in most states. In Texas, New York and Pennsylvania they arrest people for ballot harvesting.
        Other states have their own ways of stuffing the ballot boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          Other states have their own ways of stuffing the ballot boxes.
          Some states don't even bother to try to hide it. In Michigan in the last election, every county that Hillary "won" had significant irregularities, such as recording more votes than there were voters, and sealed ballot boxes containing fewer ballots than they should have.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ncts/95363314/

Comment

When you have to resort to cheating to win, you should probably examine the reasons voters are not voting for you.
            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
              When you have to resort to cheating to win, you should probably examine the reasons voters are not voting for you.
              The public is just too stupid to know what's best for them. That's why it is necessary to rig primaries in such a way as to ensure that the candidate that the party elite has selected wins the nomination regardless how rank and file votes. Just don't forget to keep saying "every vote counts" while doing it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                The public is just too stupid to know what's best for them. That's why it is necessary to rig primaries in such a way as to ensure that the candidate that the party elite has selected wins the nomination regardless how rank and file votes. Just don't forget to keep saying "every vote counts" while doing it.
                Their goal is to have every vote count -- no matter how fraudulent the votes are.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                  If you cheat effectively, it doesn't matter if the people vote for you or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    Their goal is to have every vote count -- no matter how fraudulent the votes are.
                    Explaining why they're against building walls around cemeteries saying it is designed to discourage turn out among some of their constituency

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      If you cheat effectively, it doesn't matter if the people vote for you or not.
                      It doesn't matter how many votes you got but how many votes get counted.

Comment

I'm intrigued by MM's post about the 2016 election results in Wayne County, MI. Did anything ever come out of the investigation state Republicans pushed for?

There was a similar case several years prior in Kansas where the incument Republican governor won re-election despite being projected to lose by several points. A math professor presented a paper suggesting that voting irregularities in Sedgwick County (Wichita) in his favor were statistically impossible to have been by chance, but attempts to contest the election went nowhere as the state did not have provisions for handling such a complaint.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

My guess is that nothing has been done about election fraud. I think it was Broward County that had the same woman in charge of the election process who had previously been convicted of mishandling the process.

It seems likely that Hillary had expected enough tampering to get her in to office.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            I'm intrigued by MM's post about the 2016 election results in Wayne County, MI. Did anything ever come out of the investigation state Republicans pushed for?

There was a similar case several years prior in Kansas where the incument Republican governor won re-election despite being projected to lose by several points. A math professor presented a paper suggesting that voting irregularities in Sedgwick County (Wichita) in his favor were statistically impossible to have been by chance, but attempts to contest the election went nowhere as the state did not have provisions for handling such a complaint.
                            Detroit Free Press had the follow-up in early 2017:

Source: State audit: No evidence of fraud in Detroit vote. Kathleen Gray. Detroit Free Press. 2017.02.09

The state has found no evidence of voter fraud after auditing 136 Detroit precincts that couldn’t be recounted after the November election.

Chris Thomas, the Secretary of State’s director of elections, said there were problems with the performance of staff at the precincts where the ballots couldn’t be recounted either because the numbers in poll books didn’t match the number of ballots in the box or because some ballot boxes were improperly sealed.

“There was no pervasive fraud found in our audit of Detroit. We did not find widespread voting machine problems," Thomas said at a news conference Thursday. "We did find widespread performance issues that tracked back to the training by the Detroit city clerk."

© Copyright Original Source

"I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Detroit Free Press had the follow-up in early 2017:

Source: State audit: No evidence of fraud in Detroit vote. Kathleen Gray. Detroit Free Press. 2017.02.09

The state has found no evidence of voter fraud after auditing 136 Detroit precincts that couldn’t be recounted after the November election.

Chris Thomas, the Secretary of State’s director of elections, said there were problems with the performance of staff at the precincts where the ballots couldn’t be recounted either because the numbers in poll books didn’t match the number of ballots in the box or because some ballot boxes were improperly sealed.

“There was no pervasive fraud found in our audit of Detroit. We did not find widespread voting machine problems," Thomas said at a news conference Thursday. "We did find widespread performance issues that tracked back to the training by the Detroit city clerk."

© Copyright Original Source

I know a hand wave when I see one. "We just didn't properly train our staff. But only at every single one of the 136 precincts that Hillary happened to win. These aren't the droids you're looking for."

Right...

Comment