Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump declares himself above the law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I beg to differ. Civics was practically nothing but posts about “Obamacare”, whether Obama was a secret Muslim Communist, and/or whether he was born in Kenya.
    I never claimed any of those things, Leon, so with regards to me, you're incredibly broad brushing.

While I complained about Obama when he did something stupid - like keep inflaming racist issues - it did not consume me -- I still posted about plenty of other things.

Some of the posters here seem to pretty much ONLY be able to post hate Trump stuff.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I'd say it was more like half the threads at most had anything at all to do with Obama and the majority of those were about policy (like Obamacare) rather than about him.

What's more, Civics wasn't the main forum whereas now the majority of all posts are made here with virtually everything Trump, Trump, Trump.

And add on to that I don't recall anyone so obsessed that they changed virtually every discussion into one about Obama. Now we have a number of posters that immediately try to change every topic into one about Trump.
      And bacon.

Some of the hate Trump crowd can't even post about bacon!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I agree that since Trump took office, the tone of Civics has become even more severe by certain factions, but people on this forum HATED on Obama. As an outside observer, it didn't seem unusual to see people nitpick every little itty-bitty thing he said or did where they might give Trump a full pass. I think a lot of that boils down to news media that makes it their job to take every turn of phrase and make a mountain out of a molehill. When Obama was in office, it was news radio and Fox, and now that Trump is in office, it's the rest of the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          I agree that since Trump took office, the tone of Civics has become even more severe by certain factions, but people on this forum HATED on Obama. As an outside observer, it didn't seem unusual to see people nitpick every little itty-bitty thing he said or did where they might give Trump a full pass. I think a lot of that boils down to news media that makes it their job to take every turn of phrase and make a mountain out of a molehill. When Obama was in office, it was news radio and Fox, and now that Trump is in office, it's the rest of the media.
          I have to admit, Adrift, that all this extreme HATE TRUMP stuff has had me thinking my own dislike for Obama. Again, I was still posting lots of other stuff besides Obama, but this extreme hate has made me reconsider my own opposition to a President I might not like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I have to admit, Adrift, that all this extreme HATE TRUMP stuff has had me thinking my own dislike for Obama. Again, I was still posting lots of other stuff besides Obama, but this extreme hate has made me reconsider my own opposition to a President I might not like.
            That's good to hear! Outside of TWeb, I find myself very often defending Trump, because, yes, the hate towards him is so extreme that people seem to have a very hard time distinguishing fact from fiction. I don't want to defend him. I can't stand him, but truth is more important to me than my dislike of him. And in the same way I feel (especially when talking to family) that Obama, who I also wasn't too fond of (but who I didn't dislike as much as Trump), wasn't the antichrist. In my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong, the worse thing about his presidency was that he was completely ineffectual. People on both the right and the left disliked him for being a man who couldn't/wouldn't get anything done...except a few minor changes in healthcare I guess.

Comment

That's good to hear! Outside of TWeb, I find myself very often defending Trump, because, yes, the hate towards him is so extreme that people seem to have a very hard time distinguishing fact from fiction. I don't want to defend him. I can't stand him, but truth is more important to me than my dislike of him. And in the same way I feel (especially when talking to family) that Obama, who I also wasn't too fond of (but who I didn't dislike as much as Trump), wasn't the antichrist. In my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong, the worse thing about his presidency was that he was completely ineffectual. People on both the right and the left disliked him for being a man who couldn't/wouldn't get anything done...except a few minor changes in healthcare I guess.
              I can't think of a single time that I hated Obama so much that I jumped hard on the first opportunity to "glum on" to a rumor.... There were plenty of things to dislike without making stuff up, or believing the "he's a secret Muslim" stuff.

Same with Trump - he does enough actually stupid stuff that somebody shouldn't have to jump on rumors or conspiracies or false accusations.

Comment

That's so true!

Same here, to my danish friends I mostly defend him, or point out that better criticisms of him and his actions should be made, other than how his character makes you feel.

Comment

• I don't recall anyone calling for Obama's impeachment before he even took office... Or Republicans constantly screeching for impeachment after Benghazi...

Or joining the Controversy of the Week Club...

Just sayin'...
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    That's so true!

Same here, to my danish friends I mostly defend him, or point out that better criticisms of him and his actions should be made, other than how his character makes you feel.
                    You are a closet Republican!

Comment