Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump declares himself above the law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Ad hominem.
    Tweb Nannymom.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      And you aren't the first or only one to mention that Ox has been questioning how good of a Christian various members are if they don't agree with his assessments of Trump's behavior. When one person notices it, it might be a miscommunication or a mistake, but when several people notice and mention the same thing, it's time to take a serious look.
      It's amazing - I don't hate Trump as much as the Jim brothers - to one, that makes me a bad Christian, and to the other, it makes me a Trump Supporter.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

By the way, the thread title is an outright lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Tweb Nannymom.
          Heav... um, Utopia for Chuck would be an Orwellian/Kakotopian horror with him in the role of "Big Nanny" and where anyone who agreed him were "more equal" than those who didn't.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I would say it is a bit more complicated than that:

The 20-page filing stylized as Donald Trump v. Cyrus Vance, et al. controversially argues that a sitting president absolutely cannot be arrested, imprisoned, detained, “investigated, indicted, or otherwise subjected to the criminal process,” while in office.

Essentially, it’s an assertion that the president is above the law. And Trump clearly wants to test this theory before the Supreme Court.
            Tor Ekeland is a criminal defense attorney who represents clients in the federal system. In comments to Law&Crime, he dismissed Trump’s argument as antithetical to how the American is intended to work.

“It’s a foundational principle of our Republic that no one is above the law,” Ekeland said. “When the Founders fought the Revolution they were rejecting the type of monarchical thinking involved in the worship of an untouchable President.”
            He [Ekeland] also offered the following counterfactual argument in favor of subjecting a sitting president to criminal law:

If the President were to rape, and then murder, a citizen on national television by shooting them in the head on 5th Ave in broad daylight, does the Constitution dictate that nothing can be done to the President with the possible exception of Impeachment? And if so, can the President rape and murder until impeachment proceedings wind their way through Congress?
            https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...vestigate-him/
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Of course you would, but nothing you posted proves the title true. Try again.

Comment

Nothing in what you posted deals with the content of my post. And where did I say my attempt was to prove the title true? Seems you missed the point. Try again.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Charles, honey, are you just needing attention again?

Nothing in what you posted deals with the content of my post. And where did I say my attempt was to prove the title true? Seems you missed the point. Try again.
                  You NannyMommied my post, claimed it was more complicated than that, posted NOTHING of substance to show my statement was not true....

The title is a lie - Unless, of course, you can produce a cite or video where Trump actually says "I am above the law", or something similar.

Comment

You NannyMommied my post, claimed it was more complicated than that, posted NOTHING of substance to show my statement was not true....

The title is a lie - Unless, of course, you can produce a cite or video where Trump actually says "I am above the law", or something similar.
                    Normally chuck would be reported for derailing the thread, but it's Jimmy's thread, so it is up to him whether he wants to report it or not. But nearly every post since chuck entered should be moved to the padded room

Cut it out chuck.

Comment

Cut it out chuck.
                      Charles.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ad hominem

I did not say that your statement was not true. Nor did I claim I wanted to prove the title of the thread true. All I said was that it was more complicated than you indicated. I gave you an example of how a criminal defense attorney described and reasoned on the topic. I allowed you to see his line of reasoning. Without even dealing with any of that you claim there is "NOTHING of substance". If you have some reasons for claiming so feel free to share them.
                        Last edited by Charles; 09-20-2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Ad hominem
                          Tweb Nannymom.

Need a tissue?

Comment

I think Chuck is very clever for a 10-year old.

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I think Chuck is very clever for a 10-year old.
                                Psssshawww... when Rogue was 10, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission was at our house, and he was leading them around by the nose!

Comment