Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump declares himself above the law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Perhaps you forgot that Trump appointed his buddy Charles Rettig to head the IRS, a man who argued vehemently that Trump should never release his taxes prior to his being nominated. Ain't gonna happen unless it's through the courts.
    And how about before 2017?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Hey Jimmy, weren't you the one arguing that Trump couldn't be prosecuted for any crimes and that is why Mueller couldn't charge him?
      No, my argument was that was Special Council Muellers position with respect to OLC guidelines. Trumps position now, according to his lawyers is that he can not be investigated at all, that his companies can't be investigated, and so he can't even be tried/impeached by Congress no matter what he does. In other words he sees himself as a King and beyond the reach of the law as well as any oversight from Congress so long as he remains King.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Jimmy?
        Jimmy, Jimbob, Jimbo, Jimbobaroony, Jimbolina, Jimberly?

Comment

Jimmy, Jimbob, Jimbo, Jimbobaroony, Jimbolina, Jimberly?
          ok Sparkles.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            No, my argument was that was Special Council Muellers position with respect to OLC guidelines. Trumps position now, according to his lawyers is that he can not be investigated at all, that his companies can't be investigated, and so he can't even be tried/impeached by Congress no matter what he does. In other words he sees himself as a King and beyond the reach of the law as well as any oversight from Congress so long as he remains King.
            And you were arguing that the OLC rules say that a sitting president can't be indicted for any crime and that is why Mueller did not indict Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              That's our nickname for JimL, and in Sparko's defense, it has become increasingly difficult to tell the difference between your posts and the delusional rantings of "Jimmy".
              It is rather obvious that you either misunderstand or misrepresent what oxmixmudd writes. This post in which he shows you exactly how is a great example:
              http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post670984
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                It is rather obvious that you either misunderstand or misrepresent what oxmixmudd writes. This post in which he shows you exactly how is a great example:
                http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post670984
                He is exceptionally skilled at rationalization, I'll grant him that much.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He is exceptionally skilled at rationalization, I'll grant him that much.
                  It is much easier to just make such a claim than to show exactly where and how he is doing that. He showed you why you were wrong. If you disagree feel free to show it. Calling it "rationalization" is way too easy.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

And you were arguing that the OLC rules say that a sitting president can't be indicted for any crime and that is why Mueller did not indict Trump.
                    For one thing, the special prosecutor is federal and the President can obviously be investigated, since he was, but he can't be prosecuted other than by the impeachment process. His argument now is that he can't even be investigated, that his companies can't be investigated, and those surrounding him can't be investigated, because according to the Law, a sitting president can't be indicted. He can still be impeached, Sparko. That's how you prosecute a sitting president. And in order to do that he needs be able to be investigated. That is what he, through his lawyers are denying. He sees himself as beyond the reach of the law so long as he remains King!

Comment

Originally posted by Chucjles View Post
                      It is much easier to just make such a claim than to show exactly where and how he is doing that. He showed you why you were wrong. If you disagree feel free to show it. Calling it "rationalization" is way too easy.
                      The best part is that people can follow the links I helpfully provided and read the original posts for themselves instead of having to trust ox's "No, wait, this is what I really meant!" rationalizations.

Comment

That's our nickname for JimL, and in Sparko's defense, it has become increasingly difficult to tell the difference between your posts and the delusional rantings of "Jimmy".
                        I recognize you think that is some sort of insult. But it isn't. JimL and I have plenty we would disagree on. But who Trump is and the danger he presents to our nation is not one of them.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I recognize you think that is some sort of insult. But it isn't. JimL and I have plenty we would disagree on. But who Trump is and the danger he presents to our nation is not one of them.

Jim
                          It's like one crazy guy vouching for the sanity of another crazy guy.

Comment

The best part is that people can follow the links I helpfully provided and read the original posts for themselves instead of having to trust ox's "No, wait, this is what I really meant!" rationalizations.

They can follow the links or read the post I pointed to. They will come to the same conclusion that what you claimed about the posts was wrong.

I note that - once again - you have not given us any reason to support your statement. Calling it "rationalization" or claiming it is a "No, wait, this is what I really meant!" statement without providing any reason is not very convincing. He gave us reasons - you just make some claims.
                            Last edited by Charles; 09-20-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

They are not rationalizations, they are simply a comparison of what was actually said to your 'interpretations' of them.

Jim

Comment

They are not rationalizations, they are simply a comparison of what was actually said to your 'interpretations' of them.

Jim
                                I didn't interpret anything. I simply provided links to your posts.

Comment