Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughing -- Joe Biden is angrily denouncing the corruption of Trump dealing with Ukraine..... spewing forth all kinds of incredibly phony "righteous indignation".

Oh, the hypocrisy!

ETA: Biden is playing right into Trump's hands --- Biden does NOT need this leading the news, as Trump is ALREADY 'convicted' by the media of corruption, and Joe is keeping this in the news, when his own house is corrupt! Biden is an idiot for going on the attack on this.

GO JOE!!!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 09-21-2019, 11:29 AM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      False.

“We’ve talked before about the deals he procured with the government for China,” remembered Schweizer. “The other place [Joe Biden’s] son, Hunter Biden, procured a big deal was in Ukraine. In Ukraine, it involved an energy company called Burisma, which is a very corrupt organization headed by an oligarch named Mykola Zlochevsky who is very close to Viktor Yanukovich, the pro-Russian leader.”

Schweizer then asked: “There’s all kinds of questions and implications. Is there a Russian component to this, because Burisma is such a corrupt company?”

“The bottom line is Joe Biden was the Obama administration’s point-person on policy towards Ukraine,” noted Schweizer. “He steered $1.8 billion in aid to that government and while he was doing so, his son got a sweetheart deal with this energy company – that we’ve been able to trace over just a 14-month period – paid $3.1 million into an account where Hunter Biden was getting paid.”
      Who the heck is Schweizer, thats not in your link. It also doesn't claim any wrong doing on the part of Hunter Biden, just makes the suggestion. Are you prone to suggestion? And whether Hunter Biden did anything wrong or not, that doesn't implicate his father.
      As to your ignorant ramblings about "this is Ukraine, not Russia"....

The editor-at-large also pushed back against any allegations that POTUS Donald Trump ‘colluded’ with Russia. If anything, he says, it was the Bidens and the Clintons conspiring with foreign governments, Russia included.
      Sheesh, for someone who claims to be always waiting for all the evidence to come in, you seem awfully susceptible to simple unevidenced allegations made by unnamed sources all of a sudden, CP.

Comment

And this....

“There is far more evidence of collusion involving Joe Biden — or even involving the Clintons — of collusion with these foreign powers than there was with Donald Trump, because you actually have the transaction of money, you have very favorable policies that were carried out. I think ‘collusion’ is not too strong a word. I think it’s a pretty accurate word,” he said.

Schweizer added, “There’s no question. The Bidens got a lot of money — millions of dollars — from these foreign powers. Hunter Biden had no legitimate reasons to get the deal. He simply wasn’t qualified.”

In all, Solomon adds, Ukrainian officials believe some $3 million made it into the accounts of Hunter Biden and Archer, his partner. And while everyone is innocent until proven guilty, Joe Biden needs to answer some hard questions about this if he decides to run.

Again I ask, Jimmy, what was Hunter Biden's qualification for he and his buddy to be getting boatloads of money for.... what? You can't produce a SINGLE REASON showing they were qualified, which is why you play this ignorant game....
        Doesn't matter if they were qualified or not. It's irrelevant as to whether Rosemont Seneca or the founders thereof did anything crimnal or not and its even less relevant concerning whether the VP did anything wrong. When are you going to come up with some actual evidence of criminality on Hunter's part, or extortion on the VP's part? Exactly, you can not!

Two words... Core Ruption.
        Which of course is not a rellevant answer to the question, as usual.

Comment

Laughing -- Joe Biden is angrily denouncing the corruption of Trump dealing with Ukraine..... spewing forth all kinds of incredibly phony "righteous indignation".

Oh, the hypocrisy!

ETA: Biden is playing right into Trump's hands --- Biden does NOT need this leading the news, as Trump is ALREADY 'convicted' by the media of corruption, and Joe is keeping this in the news, when his own house is corrupt! Biden is an idiot for going on the attack on this.

GO JOE!!!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!
          Don't worry, it's Elizabeth Warren you and the bad guys need to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
            I have two concerns here.

First, it's Slate, something I'll read occasionally, but won't cite, on the basic principle that I prefer to stick with outlets that do actual investigative reporting. And second, because the name of the podcast essentially announces a menu of red meat for anti-Trump hyperpartisans. I wouldn't have paid this any attention at all were it not for the description in the Google podcasts link, (which is missing from the Slate link I looked up to provide here.)

Urgent Concern: This Unambiguously Constitutes an Impeachable Offense
            Virginia Heffernan talks to Susan Hennessey of Lawfare blog and the Brookings Institution about why President Donald Trump’s reported pleas to Ukraine to help him rough up Joe Biden constitute an impeachable offense.

The Lawfare blog is highly credible, featuring a legal and constitutional expertise that is simply unmatched. Nominally non-partisan, in practice it's Republican-lite, à la David Brooks, to cite a better-known, mass media comparison.

With that in mind, and having listened to this podcast, I can recommend this episode, especially for those who haven't the time or paywall investments to follow this issue from its primary media sourcing, e.g. ...

Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden’s Son
            Interactions under focus amid whistleblower complaint on U.S. president’s dealings with a world leader
            President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden ’s son, according to people familiar with the matter, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani on a probe that could hamper Mr. Trump’s potential 2020 opponent.

“He told him that he should work with [Mr. Giuliani] on Biden, and that people in Washington wanted to know” if his lawyer’s assertions that Mr. Biden acted improperly as vice president were true, one of the people said. Mr. Giuliani has suggested Mr. Biden’s pressure on Ukraine to fight corruption had to do with an investigation of a gas company for which his son was a director. A Ukrainian official this year said he had no evidence of wrongdoing by Mr. Biden or his son Hunter Biden.

Mr. Trump in the call didn’t mention a provision of U.S. aid to Ukraine, said this person, who didn’t believe Mr. Trump offered the Ukrainian president any quid-pro-quo for his cooperation on any investigation.

Yes, if, if, if ... this is as serious as it gets for the president, but those who are willing to wait should note we're certain to see a transcript of this call soon enough, and quite possibly even an audio recording.
            That must be the first time I've ever seen Lawfare as being described as "Republican-lite" or conservative in any way. The fact that they are affiliated with the Brookings Institute which has an undeniable liberal slant ought to be a clue about where they stand politically. They are definitely center-left.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Doesn't matter if they were qualified or not.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't worry, it's Elizabeth Warren you and the bad guys need to worry about.
                Why do the Clintons, Obamas, Pelosi and Schumer and the four horsemen of the squad have to worry about Warren?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Who the heck is Schweizer, thats not in your link. ....
                  It's AMAZING what you can observe just by looking!

On Wednesday, author Peter Schweizer, head of the Government Accountability Institute and Breitbart News‘ senior editor-at-large, said that Hunter Biden received millions of dollars while his veep father directed $1.8 billion in aid to Ukraine.

Aren't you the guy who's always accusing others of being blind?

Comment

On Wednesday, author Peter Schweizer, head of the Government Accountability Institute and Breitbart News‘ senior editor-at-large, said that Hunter Biden received millions of dollars while his veep father directed $1.8 billion in aid to Ukraine.

IIRC the New York Times reported that Biden's son was being paid $50K/month or $600K/yr. and few people seem to know exactly what his "job" entailed.

Comment

So, the question remains -- would Bursima have even accepted a resume from Hunter Biden if his dad wasn't VPOTUS? Not a snowball's chance in the hot place.

But this is the kind of filthy corruption the liberals can excuse, or, like in Jimmy's case, even defend!
                      Having just been booted out of the military for testing positive for cocaine is not exactly the sort of thing that normally leads to a $600,000 a year job.

And FWIU he didn't ever actually apply for the job but rather they came to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        And pray tell, what does what Hunter Biden was paid have to do with anything?
                        I appreciate the studious disinterest. I wonder, would you be so dismissive if this was a story about Trump and Trump, Jr.?
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Oh the ultra conservative head of a conservative think tank conspiracy theorist who offers not a shred of evidence, but merely accussations. Still waiting for that evidence of wrong doing that you're always claiming to be waiting for, CP. Instead of looking for mere accussations to support your beliefs, you should try to be a bit more objective and look at both sides of the story and you might not end up being wrong all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I appreciate the studious disinterest. I wonder, would you be so dismissive if this was a story about Trump and Trump, Jr.?
                            Knowing Trumps history in business and seeing how he has conducted himself in office I would at first glance assume him to be guilty, but I would check out the evidence in either case before making an ultimate determination.
                            Last edited by JimL; 09-21-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Having just been booted out of the military for testing positive for cocaine is not exactly the sort of thing that normally leads to a $600,000 a year job.

And FWIU he didn't ever actually apply for the job but rather they came to him.
                              Maybe not, but a bachelors degree from Georgetown and a Juris Doctor from Yale law school would probably do the trick.

Comment

• Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC

Bloomberg profile

Bizpedia Profile

Unfavorable Articles, pre-2019

NY Post, 3/15/2018

The Hill, 3/15/2018 (China)

Naked Capitalism, 5/21/2014

Unfavorable Articles, 2019

National Sentinel, 4/5/2019

Red State, 4/4/2019
                                Last edited by Teallaura; 09-21-2019, 02:25 PM.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment