Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I see very little in that story alleging collusion between Hillary and the Ukrainian government. Perhaps you could enlighten me?
    Wow, it's right there in the top of the story....

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

Lemme guess, you're ONLY interested in foreign governments interfering with US elections when it helps a Republican?

I might also add that UKraine is not a foriegn adversary, Russia is, which is why they wanted Hillary to win as opposed to our adversary, Russia who wanted Trump to win.
    It's a FOREIGN GOVERNMENT meddling in US ELECTIONS! You know, that thing that you pretend to OPPOSE. But, it's OK for them to interfere if they're not "adversaries"?

That's not how it works, Jimmy.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Is asking a foreign government to look into your political opponent's suspicious conduct a sin?
      Extorting them in order that they do so, certainly is!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        Jim, there was likely a better way to reply than this. I think we all need to keep in mind passages like Matthew 5:22 that warn against this sort of dialog against our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
        I'm fairly sure that is the strongest wording I've had in several days here. And he was being rather obnoxious. But you're probably right.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Wow, it's right there in the top of the story....

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped ClintonÂ’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.
          Well, that's not Clinton's doing, that's the Ukrainian Government who, for good reason, saw Trump as a danger to both Ukraine and the U.S. And who are these Clinton allies?
          Lemme guess, you're ONLY interested in foreign governments interfering with US elections when it helps a Republican?
          Nope, but I'm certainly more interested when it is a foriegn adversary rather than a friend who is concerned about the same adversary who had just invaded their country

It's a FOREIGN GOVERNMENT meddling in US ELECTIONS! You know, that thing that you pretend to OPPOSE. But, it's OK for them to interfere if they're not "adversaries"?
          To equate what they did with what Russia did is ridiculous.
          That's not how it works, Jimmy.
          Well, by equating the two, i.e what Russia did, sweeping and systematic interference campaign, with what is detailed in that story just shows the lengths to which you will go to defend the theiving, coniving, con man, wannabe dictator, that you voted for.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Extorting them in order that they do so, certainly is!
            You mean the way Biden extorted the Ukrainian government to drop an investigation against his son's company?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Because it could have negative implications for Biden's election run. DoJ may not have to lift a finger though because the MSM may be forced to inevitably cover it if they keep pursuing this story, which is looking more and more like it was planned that way.
              No, why, at this point, should there be an investigation? There's no apparent wrong doing - requesting an investigation isn't a crime in any sense.

Nor is it a 'personal favor equating to an emolument'...
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Why not?
                'Cause pointless.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I was being somewhat facetious, MM -- it's yet ANOTHER BLOCKBUSTER that is FOR SURE this time, gonna sink Trump.

It gets the liberals all exited, and fuels their hate, only to discover another nothingburger.

Which way did they go? I didn't even know they had an exit.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    I'm fairly sure that is the strongest wording I've had in several days here. And he was being rather obnoxious. But you're probably right.
                    Thank you, and I only remind you because not everyone on the forum is receptive to the point I was making, I feel that you're the type who would be receptive to it. As an aside, if you were referring to RumTug (rather than mikewhitney, it's not clear who you were referring to in your second sentence) just an FYI, she's a woman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      ...just an FYI ...
                      The Teasers beg to differ. Next you'll be claiming mossrose isn't the ancient of afternoons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        Thank you, and I only remind you because not everyone on the forum is receptive to the point I was making, I feel that you're the type who would be receptive to it. As an aside, if you were referring to RumTug (rather than mikewhitney, it's not clear who you were referring to in your second sentence) just an FYI, she's a woman.
                        yeah I missed that Rum was a woman. It's a good thing I'm already married, cause I'm 0 for 3 (i.e. 'I've struck out') with the ladies in this forum ...
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          No, why, at this point, should there be an investigation? There's no apparent wrong doing - requesting an investigation isn't a crime in any sense.

Nor is it a 'personal favor equating to an emolument'...
                          No one knows for sure if there was any wrongdoing, which is the point of trying to spur on an investigation. The circumstances are shady. Illegal, no one knows; immoral, it's a gray area. At best, it reeks of political privilege and nepotism. A wealthy elitist politician using his clout to give foreign business advantages to his son ain't exactly something that the left looks on favorably, especially in this current "down with the wealthy class" environment, and especially in a political race where Dems are stabbing each other in the back to gain traction in the polls and could use it as ammo against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            You mean the way Biden extorted the Ukrainian government to drop an investigation against his son's company?
                            And would openly boast of how he got the prosecutor removed who was investigating.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              No one knows for sure if there was any wrongdoing, which is the point of trying to spur on an investigation. The circumstances are shady. Illegal, no one knows; immoral, it's a gray area. At best, it reeks of political privilege and nepotism. A wealthy elitist politician using his clout to give foreign business advantages to his son ain't exactly something that the left looks on favorably, especially in this current "down with the wealthy class" environment, and especially in a political race where Dems are stabbing each other in the back to gain traction in the polls and could use it as ammo against him.
                              There has to be an indication of a crime - otherwise it's a fishing expedition and on shaky constitutional ground.

The Ukrainians appear to have grounds (assuming their laws are similar to ours) but I don't see any against Trump at this stage when there is already an open question of wrongdoing in the Ukraine matter. 'Looks fishy' isn't sufficient.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Trumpcast has the latest.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment