Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Grand juries aren't convened to investigate - EVER!
    Deposition is part of discovery, not investigation.

NEITHER are used as part of an inquiry!
    You have it backward: investigations (including "inquiries") are used in grand jury hearings. In an impeachment hearing, the House members are both investigators and jurors, pursuing impeachment inquiries and then voting on whether or not to impeach.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      The Sixth Amendment explicitly applies to criminal trials. The Senate trial is not a criminal trial (according to historical precedent, case law, & the Congressional Research Service) so 6A doesn't apply there. Even if it did, impeachment hearings in the House are not a trial and 6A definitely doesn't apply there.

Just a talking point stubbornly resistant to factual correction.

--Sam
      “You need to vote on impeachment before you know what it’s in it.”

Hate to burst your bubble, but impeachment was never met as a way for the opposition party to overturn election results, they didn’t like. It’s really funny how you attack Trump for lack of transparency while defending house democrats lack of transparency with their attempted impeachment of Trump. Your apologetics for your democrat pals is so heartwarming.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You have it backward: investigations (including "inquiries") are used in grand jury hearings. In an impeachment hearing, the House members are both investigators and jurors, pursuing impeachment inquiries and then voting on whether or not to impeach.

--Sam
        Baloney. Where do you get this stuff, bubble gum wrappers? It's obviously not from reading the post you are replying to.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          “You need to vote on impeachment before you know what it’s in it.”

Hate to burst your bubble, but impeachment was never met as a way for the opposition party to overturn election results, they didn’t like. It’s really funny how you attack Trump for lack of transparency while defending house democrats lack of transparency with their attempted impeachment of Trump. Your apologetics for your democrat pals is so heartwarming.
          No, no, Lil - the word is 'coup'.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Baloney. Where do you get this stuff, bubble gum wrappers? It's obviously not from reading the post you are replying to.
            This post is missing its argument, I'm afraid.

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It's a classic kafkatrap. The only way out is to concede one's guilt!
              This is an investigation, not a trial. The only way out is to await the trial and rebut the evidence, if you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Bingo... it's the folks cheering on this secretive behind-closed-doors kangaroo court proceeding that cause me the greatest concern for the future of our country.
                That's probably because deep down you know Trump is guilty and you don't want it to come out.

Comment

I heard you’re a serial killer from an second hand source that claims he heard it from a member of your family. Hope you enjoy your prison sentence because don’t worry, you can’t face your accuser because they fear you’ll kill them and their families. See you in 30 years to never.
                  Once again, lilpix, this is an investigation, not a trial. Your majority Republican Senate will decide the guilty parties, guilt or innocence.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Once again, lilpix, this is an investigation, not a trial. Your majority Republican Senate will decide the guilty parties, guilt or innocence.
                    4 years later and Democrats are still investigating...
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

1. Grand jury testimony isn’t publicly released in an investigation.
                      2. An investigation, by a special counsel, doesn’t follow the same rules as a house impeachment investigation does.

Keep trying to excuse away whatever the democrats say or do. Reality: democrats are determined to get rid of Trump, no matter what.
                      If he's innocent, lilpix, he has noting to fear, heck, even if he's guilty, he's got a favorably biased Senate deciding his fate. What are ya'll worried about?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Nonsense, why haven't they released Volker's testimony with any necessary redactions?
                        Why should they? It's not a trial, yet!

Comment

4 years later and Democrats are still investigating...
                          Two and a half years, lilpix. There's been a whole lot of obstruction going on by someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Two and a half years, lilpix. There's been a whole lot of obstruction going on by someone.
                            “We need to keep digging, till we find something!”
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

This post is missing its argument, I'm afraid.

--Sam
                              Well, yeah - like most of your posts, that last one was pointless, too.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No, no, Lil - the word is 'coup'.
                                Isn't that what you keep chickens in?
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment