Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
    specificallyhttps://www.politico.com/story/2019/...script-1514714

In short, it's being used for a cover-up.
    In short, you're begging the question.

And I'm still not seeing any law or government policy saying that the server can't or shouldn't be used in the manner described. I think what really has liberals upset is that it has proven to be an effective means of preventing leaks, which is why they were forced to go with the "no firsthand knowledge whistleblower" scheme.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      In short, you're begging the question.

And I'm still not seeing any law or government policy saying that the server can't or shouldn't be used in the manner described. I think what really has liberals upset is that it has proven to be an effective means of preventing leaks, which is why they were forced to go with the "no firsthand knowledge whistleblower" scheme.
      There is no "scheme'. There is a gross abuse of power that several who happen to have a conscience observed. A person can't live as immorally and as dishonestly as Donald Trump has and not eventually have to face the consequences.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        One term? Democrats, because the republican congress has no principles, are hopefully going to make him less than a one term president. If the unprincipled majority Senate refuse to convict, then the Dems at least will have done the right and patriotic thing anyway by beginning the impeachment process, and when the fair objective minded republican constituency out there, (not you) see the evidence of his criminality and abuse of power, he will lose in a landslide. If not, then you'll get the dictator that you deserve!
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Better than insubstantial bloomers!
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

He's a dictator at heart Bill. He's also a crook. His only problem is that he's a dictator and a crook at the head of a democracy, which so far is holding up. He's made one thing apparent though, he's exposed the cracks in the system that might allow the possibility of a corrupt authoritarian like himelf to bring the system down. Probably took instructions from his best bud Vladimir.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              There is no "scheme'. There is a gross abuse of power that several who happen to have a conscience observed. A person can't live as immorally and as dishonestly as Donald Trump has and not eventually have to face the consequences.

Jim
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• The fact that the TDS crowd keeps going back to the whistleblower's report on the conversation between Trump and Zelensky rather than the transcript of the actual conversation reveals that they understand that the conversation isn't damning so they have to rely on a gossip's erroneous second and third hand accounts to continue to prop up their claims.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The fact that the TDS crowd keeps going back to the whistleblower's report on the conversation between Trump and Zelensky rather than the transcript of the actual conversation reveals that they understand that the conversation isn't damning so they have to rely on a gossip's erroneous second and third hand accounts to continue to prop up their claims.
                  Thus, among the reasons the democrats are going to lose in 2020 (that and their candidates going all in on the far left stuff). In fact, this whole impeachment scheme could cost them some purple democrat seats too.
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-01-2019, 06:37 AM.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• No, what we have is the transcript of the call itself. We don't need it direct from the whistleblower, it's in the transcript. The second hand claim nonsense is just the talking point for dummies you're buying into.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      Thus, among the reasons the democrats are going to lose in 2020 (that and their candidates going all in on the far left stuff). In fact, this whole impeachment scheme could cost them some purple democrat seats too.
                      Shhhh... don't tell Jimmy that. He still thinks there was a Big Blue Wave last November.

Comment

No, what we have is the transcript of the call itself. We don't need it direct from the whistleblower, it's in the transcript. The second hand claim nonsense is just the talking point for dummies you're buying into.
                        There is no quid pro quo in the transcript. If the transcript is what 'you've got', then you (general) have nothing. There's nothing actionable in the transcript - and supporting testimony and documentation that rule out any quid pro quo.

There are no named accusers in the complaint - I read it and realized that all by myself. Everything in the complaint is secondhand or possibly hearsay ('officials' rather than 'official' opens the possibility) - the whistleblower never states he directly observed/heard anything.

Most damning of all, no accusers at all - not even the whistleblower has been named. Every affidavit on record supports defense, not prosecution.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          There is no quid pro quo in the transcript. If the transcript is what 'you've got', then you (general) have nothing. There's nothing actionable in the transcript - and supporting testimony and documentation that rule out any quid pro quo.

There are no named accusers in the complaint - I read it and realized that all by myself. Everything in the complaint is secondhand or possibly hearsay ('officials' rather than 'official' opens the possibility) - the whistleblower never states he directly observed/heard anything.

Most damning of all, no accusers at all - not even the whistleblower has been named. Every affidavit on record supports defense, not prosecution.
                          00000000000000ab000-00aaaa1.jpg

And now even after reading the transcript and seeing how the whistleblower's complaint is full of factual errors, instead of backing off they've decide to double even triple down.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Shhhh... don't tell Jimmy that. He still thinks there was a Big Blue Wave last November.
                            If it weren't for that big blue wave, there'd be no check on your dictator President and you could kiss your democracy goodbye. It must have been such a disappointment, it almost worked out for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              If it weren't for that big blue wave, there'd be no check on your dictator President and you could kiss your democracy goodbye. It must have been such a disappointment, it almost worked out for him.
                              I can't imagine what it's like for you to try to get through each day through the fog of delusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                There was a quid pro quo infered, and anyone with half a brain can see that in the wording of the text. There is also the common sense understanding that Trump didn't just wake up one day and think, hmmm, I think I'll look into this already debunked Hunter Biden thing from years ago just for the heck of it.
                                It's the whistleblower law, Tea, whistleblowers aren't named for good reason. And second hand info has nothing to do with it since the evidence is the transcript itself not the who blew the whistle on it.
                                Most damning of all, no accusers at all - not even the whistleblower has been named.
                                You already said that.

Every affidavit on record supports defense, not prosecution.
                                I don't know what you mean to say by this. If it's just an assertion that it's not an impeachable offense, that's up to Congress to decide, and they already have decided.

Comment