Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I will never understand how easily so many of you are able to adopt the position that President Trump is above the law, and that it is good for his people to lie and thumb their noses at subpeanas that are really the only difference between the President being subject to the law and being above the law. As it stands right now, with the help of the Republicans in Congress, supporters like yourselves, his loyalist DOJ appointments, Donald Trump is above the law. And he has shown the way for every president that is to follow exactly how to rebuff the concept of the separation of powers and create an environment where the President cannot be held accountable for his actions.

Each day his power grows. Each day he grows bolder. Each win against accountability - supported by people just like you - is a defeat for our republic and two of the most basic principles of its existence: the separations of powers and the rule of law (no man is above the law - even the President).

Jim
    I have no idea how you got all of that out of my comment, but it made me laugh, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I have no idea how you got all of that out of my comment, but it made me laugh, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Glad to have brought some joy into your day.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The accusation I have ever questioned anyone's claim to Christian faith or their salvation is a lie.
        Perhaps not directly, but you have on numerous occasions questioned how anyone who calls himself a Christian could ever disagree with you, which certainly implies that someone's faith may not be genuine.

Comment

Perhaps not directly, but you have on numerous occasions questioned how anyone who calls himself a Christian could ever disagree with you, which certainly implies that someone's faith may not be genuine.
          That actually is also not accurate.

What I have done us call into question the compatibility of a position or idea with Christian faith or doctrine. And I usually explain where I see the conflict. Many people take that personally, but it is not meant to be personal. It is meant to bring to light what may be being overlooked. It is something I hope others will do to me if I get off track, and it is always possible I am wrong. All that I ask or expect from such comments is that people look inward to see if I have a point, or that they offer a reasoned explanation of why what I observe as a conflict is not one. But that is rarely the response I get.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            Yet here we are, attempting intelligent and objective conversation in a Civics thread started by JimL. I guess we never learn, either.
            I'm trying to get over the stunning development that he provided LINKS!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              You persist in this kind of misrepresentation of other's positions; attack their integrity, morality and question their very salvation on the basis of that misrepresentation; and then act surprised when they attack you in response.
              AND scold us for not being more speerchul, when he can be rather...
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What I have done us call into question the compatibility of a position or idea with Christian faith or doctrine.
                The problem is that you believe that your understanding and characterization of certain policy positions and ideas, and that your application of scripture is necessarily correct, and when we don't immediately agree, you cluck your tongue and wonder how any True ChristianTM could possibly hold a contrary opinion.

Example 1 in which you accuse someone of borderline blasphemy for disagreeing with you.
                Example 2 in which you declare that those who disagree with you are callous and hard-hearted.
                Example 3 in which you call those who disagree with you "little demons".

And that's just from one relatively short thread...

Comment

On topic, there is so far no independent corroboration of this story. Every story I've seen references the original Washington Post article, and it seems it hasn't gone any further than that.

Trump, for his part, made the reasonable point that he knows that any phone conversation with a foreign leader is monitored by numerous people on both sides of the call, and that only an idiot would speak inappropriately under those circumstances. And despite what Trump's ardent critics would have you believe, the man is, in fact, not an idiot.

Comment

On topic, there is so far no independent corroboration of this story. Every story I've seen references the original Washington Post article, and it seems it hasn't gone any further than that.

Trump, for his part, made the reasonable point that he knows that any phone conversation with a foreign leader is monitored by numerous people on both sides of the call, and that only an idiot would speak inappropriately under those circumstances. And despite what Trump's ardent critics would have you believe, the man is, in fact, not an idiot.
                    Yeah they are jumping the gun again, in their desperate attempt to condemn Trump. Probably think he promised Putin California as a birthday present or something.

Comment

The problem is that you believe that your understanding and characterization of certain policy positions and ideas, and that your application of scripture is necessarily correct, and when we don't immediately agree, you cluck your tongue and wonder how any True ChristianTM could possibly hold a contrary opinion.

Example 1 in which you accuse someone of borderline blasphemy for disagreeing with you.
                      Example 2 in which you declare that those who disagree with you are callous and hard-hearted.

Your characterization is incorrect. My opinion and what the scripture explicitly says are not the same thing, for one.

Jim

Comment

As I said - you are mischaracterizing each example:

in 1) sparko said:

[CITE=example1]What about the passages where God has the Israelites kill every alien man, woman and child and take their land and possessions? That seems pretty parallel with the verses you are quoting about welcoming aliens. Why don't we just invade Mexico and take everything after killing them all? That sounds biblical and it is talking about aliens and alien lands.

I said the statement in bold was borderline blasphemy - and it is. I didn't say that because he disagreed with me. It was because he said what is in bold.

in 2) Sam quoted mathew:

Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Who can dismiss those words, just brush them off? Yet I've seen it done here. That was my point. Only a hard heart can dismiss those words. Are you disagreeing with that?

in 3) I said:

A Christian in every way in normal life that turns into a little demon when they start typing on the computer,

I didn't call anyone a little demon. I said that is what they act like posting on this website. Have you every read the opening chapter of the book of James?

And it is true. People act on the internet like they would NEVER act in real life.

NONE of the above are as you paint them MM. And Nothing about them calls into question the actual salvation or sincerity in their faith of anyone. It does point out INCONSISTENCIES in how they are expressing that faith in politics and how they act here on these pages. Inconsistencies that are real and problematic.

None of this is about 'people disagreeing with me'.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Yeah they are jumping the gun again, in their desperate attempt to condemn Trump. Probably think he promised Putin California as a birthday present or something.
                          Nobody is jumping the gun, this happened and someone in the highest of positions in the intel agency reported it after retaining a lawyer. The IG agreed with the claiment that the claim was both credible and of high urgency or he would not have passed it on to the DNI. The DNI for reasons unknown then conferred with the DOJ, atty gen Barr, who most likely shared it with the President and they are now trying to block the House intel committee from getting their hands on it. The whistleblower protection act has nothing to do with the DOJ or the President, it states that once the claim is made to the IG, the IG if he finds it credible and urgent he is to pass it on to the DNI who then has 7 days to give it to Congress. The Trump administration is illegally hiding it from Congress and more importantly hiding it from you. Trump of course, since he has you trained, is calling it fake news which is his go to defense for everything, and the exact accussation is not yet known, but he never denies that the event itself took place. Once again, he disregards the law in order to obstruct and cover-up whatever it is he's up to. When are you going to wake up and stop defending this lawless wannabee dictator.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Wait, why would that be a bad thing? I mean, other than insulting the Russians...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

This is absurd. Saying that supporting Trump refusal to submit to the law is dangerous to our country has nothing to do with anyone's salvation or even necessarily their integrity. It has to do with their blindness to the effect of what he is doing and their ability to be seduced by the promises and lies of this President. If you believe that one can not call out a mistake, or an error, without 'questioning a persons salvation' then you are most completely wrong. We are commanded to go to a brother and confront them with their sin of we see a brother in sin. The statement above would equate that with questioning their salvation.

"A fool refuses wise counsel", The Proverbs are filled with sayings that show we must be able to take rebuke or harsh advice. Only fools refuse to be corrected or to be called out on a mistake. Not one of has the internal objectivity to stay on the correct path without external correction.

Jim
                              What I hate most is how Trump has put Congress members into internment camps and how he burned down the capital building in Sacramento? This is unacceptable behavior for any president. How can people just let this happen without condemning President Trump? If you are are real Christian you have to stop this from happening!

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                What I hate most is how Trump has put Congress members into internment camps and how he burned down the capital building in Sacramento? This is unacceptable behavior for any president. How can people just let this happen without condemning President Trump? If you are are real Christian you have to stop this from happening!
                                Not much one can say to that, except that trump was correct when he said he could shoot someone in broad daylight and he wouldn't lose any of his supporters.

Jim

Comment