Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Once again, lilpix, this is an investigation, not a trial. Your majority Republican Senate will decide the guilty parties, guilt or innocence.
    4 years later and Democrats are still investigating...

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    I heard you’re a serial killer from an second hand source that claims he heard it from a member of your family. Hope you enjoy your prison sentence because don’t worry, you can’t face your accuser because they fear you’ll kill them and their families. See you in 30 years to never.
    Once again, lilpix, this is an investigation, not a trial. Your majority Republican Senate will decide the guilty parties, guilt or innocence.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Bingo... it's the folks cheering on this secretive behind-closed-doors kangaroo court proceeding that cause me the greatest concern for the future of our country.
    That's probably because deep down you know Trump is guilty and you don't want it to come out.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's a classic kafkatrap. The only way out is to concede one's guilt!
    This is an investigation, not a trial. The only way out is to await the trial and rebut the evidence, if you can.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Baloney. Where do you get this stuff, bubble gum wrappers? It's obviously not from reading the post you are replying to.
    This post is missing its argument, I'm afraid.

--Sam

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    “You need to vote on impeachment before you know what it’s in it.”

Hate to burst your bubble, but impeachment was never met as a way for the opposition party to overturn election results, they didn’t like. It’s really funny how you attack Trump for lack of transparency while defending house democrats lack of transparency with their attempted impeachment of Trump. Your apologetics for your democrat pals is so heartwarming.
    No, no, Lil - the word is 'coup'.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    You have it backward: investigations (including "inquiries") are used in grand jury hearings. In an impeachment hearing, the House members are both investigators and jurors, pursuing impeachment inquiries and then voting on whether or not to impeach.

--Sam
    Baloney. Where do you get this stuff, bubble gum wrappers? It's obviously not from reading the post you are replying to.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    The Sixth Amendment explicitly applies to criminal trials. The Senate trial is not a criminal trial (according to historical precedent, case law, & the Congressional Research Service) so 6A doesn't apply there. Even if it did, impeachment hearings in the House are not a trial and 6A definitely doesn't apply there.

Just a talking point stubbornly resistant to factual correction.

--Sam
    “You need to vote on impeachment before you know what it’s in it.”

Hate to burst your bubble, but impeachment was never met as a way for the opposition party to overturn election results, they didn’t like. It’s really funny how you attack Trump for lack of transparency while defending house democrats lack of transparency with their attempted impeachment of Trump. Your apologetics for your democrat pals is so heartwarming.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Grand juries aren't convened to investigate - EVER!
    Deposition is part of discovery, not investigation.

NEITHER are used as part of an inquiry!
    You have it backward: investigations (including "inquiries") are used in grand jury hearings. In an impeachment hearing, the House members are both investigators and jurors, pursuing impeachment inquiries and then voting on whether or not to impeach.

--Sam

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It apparently doesn't apply. Is there a precedent that strikes down a whistle-blower law because it violates the 6th amendment?

As I pointed out, there is no issue here. And, you have not presented any counter argument to the case I made.

Jim
    The Sixth Amendment explicitly applies to criminal trials. The Senate trial is not a criminal trial (according to historical precedent, case law, & the Congressional Research Service) so 6A doesn't apply there. Even if it did, impeachment hearings in the House are not a trial and 6A definitely doesn't apply there.

Just a talking point stubbornly resistant to factual correction.

--Sam

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Grand juries aren't convened to investigate - EVER!
    Deposition is part of discovery, not investigation.

NEITHER are used as part of an inquiry!
    But Trump is guilty, we just need to know what he is guilty of first.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    It apparently doesn't apply. Is there a precedent that strikes down a whistle-blower law because it violates the 6th amendment?

As I pointed out, there is no issue here. And, you have not presented any counter argument to the case I made.

Jim
    Yeah there is, the constitution makes it clear that the accused have rights. I know you hate Trump and people Jim hates shouldn’t have rights, but everyone entitled to know what they are charged with, to face their accusers, to know the evidence against them, and to be able to cross exam all of this to prove their innocence.

Has their been a vote, on the house floor, to move forward? Yes or no?

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    It’s called the 6th amendment. Maybe you’ve heard of it.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    No - Trump has not been tried yet. And even if he is, during the trial itself, there would be no need to name any of the witnesses against him as 'the whistle blower'. Assuming he is impeached, he'll know who is bringing the evidence used against him. But he may never know who the whistle blower is.

Why all this concern about a person doing something illegal being given the right to know who reported him to the police? Sounds like you ascribe to the 'he's a snitch' mentality that condemns the person reporting the crime and excuses the person committing the crime - the 'mob' mentality.

Jim
    It’s called the 6th amendment. Maybe you’ve heard of it.

As usual, you make up lies about me to support your hatred. Here’s the reality,

You have the right to face your accuser, in open court, to cross exam witness, to protest your innocence, and to know the charges against you.

Stop lying about my motives, those are my motives. That everyone, including people Jim hates, have constitutional rights.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Impeachment proceedings are, in fact, analogous to grand jury investigations and initial depositions are not public for many of the same reasons: you want witnesses to be able to talk, you want interviewers to be free of the need for public performance, you want to avoid witnesses trying to corroborate stories.

If you give this stuff a bit of thought, all that is evident.

--Sam
    So there was no house vote for impeachment investigation of Johnson, Nixon, and Clinton?

Leave a comment: