Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Administration Whistleblower Cover-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One allegation of the whistleblower complaint that has been confirmed by anonymous WH sources in the media regards the administration's misuse of classification systems to hide presidential communications that were seen as potentially harmful to the President.

Welp

Source: Trump told Russian officials in 2017 he wasn’t concerned about Moscow’s interference in U.S. election. Shane Harris, Josh Dawsey and Ellen Nakashima. The Washington Post. 2019.09.27

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.

The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the previous day had relieved “great pressure” on him.

A memorandum summarizing the meeting was limited to all but a few officials with the highest security clearances in an attempt to keep the president’s comments from being disclosed publicly, according to the former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

© Copyright Original Source

"I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      It did, in fact, match up. That you can't see that is just the 'pretend' naivete kicking in. I know you guys are not as naive as you are pretending to be - It would be nice you could own up to it.

Jim
      Sorry, but it wasn't even close. That's why you had one Democrat senator, Richard Blumenthal (D - Vt.), declaring it didn't matter to him if there were no threats or quid pro quo. That's why you have Adam Schiff (D -Calif) feeling it necessary to manufacture a fake conversation between Trump and Zelansky that better fit the narrative since the real one didn't. That's why you now have folks attacking the transcription process. None of this would be necessary if the actual conversation matched up to what the gossip claimed.
      Last edited by rogue06; 09-28-2019, 02:35 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Sorry, but it wasn't even close. That's why you had one Democrat senator, Richard Blumenthal (D - Vt.), declaring it didn't matter to him if there were no threats or quid pro quo. That's why you have Adam Schiff (D -Calif) feeling it necessary to manufacture a fake conversation between Trump and Zelansky that better fit the narrative since the real one didn't. That's why you now have folks attacking the transcription process. None of this would be necessary if the actual conversation matched up to what the gossip claimed.
        And yet what you provide is indications at best. Why don't you just prove that they don't match up? It would be so much easier. Of course not as easy as it is to just simply claim they don't match up.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Right. And that is why the White House stashed this conversation without anything 'secret' in it from a national security perspective on a secret server and severely limited access to it - because it was a nothing.

That is the reality check here rogue. They KNEW exactly what he had just done. And they tried to hide it.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
            ...confirmed by anonymous WH sources...

John Solomon names names, talks to sources on the record, and provides original documents to support his reporting, and you dismiss him as an "opinion columnist". The Washington (Com)Post deals in "sources say" rumors that could easily be the writer literally just making stuff up, and you're ready to believe everything they say.

I mean, really?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              "Special Report" on FNC tonight reported that sometime in the recent past, the official rules were discreetly -- clandestinely? -- changed to allow third-parties to be "legitimate" whistle-blowers.
              More information:

Folks, this “Ukraine Whistleblower” event was a pre-planned event. As we begin to understand the general outline of how the Schiff Dossier was assembled, we are now starting to get into the specifics. First discovered by researcher Stephen McIntyre, there is now evidence surfacing showing the ICIG recently created an entirely new ‘whistleblower complaint form’ that specifically allowed for the filing of complaints “heard from others“.

Prior to the current “whistleblower complaint” the Intelligence Community Inspector General did not accept whistle-blower claims without first hand knowledge. However, the ICIG revised the protocol in August 2019 allowing for the EXACT type of complaint now registered from the CIA whistleblower.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...d-from-others/

Note the timing of this change (Aug 2019) and when the "whistleblower" came forward. If you don't smell a coordinated setup then you're naive.

Comment

• Also...

Former CIA analyst Fred Fleitz has extensive knowledge of the whistleblower process. Fleitz says the Ukraine call whistleblower is likely driven by political motives, and his sources indicate he had help from Congress members while writing it.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-schiff-staff/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

John Solomon names names, talks to sources on the record, and provides original documents to support his reporting, and you dismiss him as an "opinion columnist". The Washington (Com)Post deals in "sources say" rumors that could easily be the writer literally just making stuff up, and you're ready to believe everything they say.

I mean, really?
                  The paucity of John Solomon's "reporting" lies in the integrity of the man, not in the nature of anonymous sources.

It's why John Solomon, an "investigative reporter", has been regulated to the opinion section of a notorious DC rag known for publishing lobbyist spin pieces without proper disclosure.

--Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

More information:

Folks, this “Ukraine Whistleblower” event was a pre-planned event. As we begin to understand the general outline of how the Schiff Dossier was assembled, we are now starting to get into the specifics. First discovered by researcher Stephen McIntyre, there is now evidence surfacing showing the ICIG recently created an entirely new ‘whistleblower complaint form’ that specifically allowed for the filing of complaints “heard from others“.

Prior to the current “whistleblower complaint” the Intelligence Community Inspector General did not accept whistle-blower claims without first hand knowledge. However, the ICIG revised the protocol in August 2019 allowing for the EXACT type of complaint now registered from the CIA whistleblower.

Note the timing of this change (Aug 2019) and when the "whistleblower" came forward. If you don't smell a coordinated setup then you're naive.

Taps glass.

<ahem>

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Taps glass.

<ahem>
                      There is obviously a significant difference between someone who possesses "indirect evidence", and someone like this whistleblower dealing in idle rumors and secondhand-at-best hearsay. Why else would they need to change the rules to explicitly allow "heard from others" as a legitimate source of a complaint?

One respondent to the Twitter thread you linked to shrewdly asks:

"Would indirect evidence include verbal hearsay of not strictly fact, but whatever fact that was accompanied by personal conjecture in regard to motivation?"

Like I said, if you don't smell a coordinated setup then you're naive -- or possibly willfully ignorant.

Comment

More information:

Wow, really reaching now ....
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• And, lost in the storm, our little Sixth Amendment makes it home...

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Source

*emphasis mine
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            And, lost in the storm, our little Sixth Amendment makes it home...

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Source

*emphasis mine
                            I think the rub here is that a whistleblower complaint is not legal evidence in and of itself but simply a statement saying, "Maybe you should look into this." Whether or not the testimony of the whistleblower is admissible as evidence is a different matter, especially in a case like this where it's 100% rumors and office gossip. As I said earlier, no honest judge in America would accept testimony that starts with, "Well, this guy I know says..."

Comment

There is obviously a significant difference between someone who possesses "indirect evidence", and someone like this whistleblower dealing in idle rumors and secondhand-at-best hearsay. Why else would they need to change the rules to explicitly allow "heard from others" as a legitimate source of a complaint?

One respondent to the Twitter thread you linked to shrewdly asks:

"Would indirect evidence include verbal hearsay of not strictly fact, but whatever fact that was accompanied by personal conjecture in regard to motivation?"

Like I said, if you don't smell a coordinated setup then you're naive -- or possibly willfully ignorant.
                              The sound of mm's big conspiracy cracking and crumbling ...

Jim

Comment

I think the rub here is that a whistleblower complaint is not legal evidence in and of itself but simply a statement saying, "Maybe you should look into this." Whether or not the testimony of the whistleblower is admissible as evidence is a different matter, especially in a case like this where it's 100% rumors and office gossip. As I said earlier, no honest judge in America would accept testimony that starts with, "Well, this guy I know says..."
                                Impeachment is an odd duck legally - my point is the American people aren't gonna be happy without direct evidence and actual witness testimony. These 'unnamed sources' will have to be named and be on the public record - and soon.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment