Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Justin Trudeau In Brownface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonhard
    replied
    I don't know why you believe I as a liberal would find this at all okay. I think its appropriate that he acknowledged it and apologized.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    So what is the surest indication that Trudeau realizes that he is in trouble?

Source: Justin Trudeau returns to campaign with promise of lower taxes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39854[/ATTACH]

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Sunday resumed his re-election campaign with a promise to lower taxes, but once again had to apologize for a photo showing him in blackface makeup.

Trudeau, 47, was already under fire for an ethics lapse and other controversies, and the decades-old photos and videos that resurfaced last week of him engaging in activities he has acknowledged as "racist" dealt a fresh blow to his chances.

After taking Saturday off, Trudeau traveled to Brampton on Sunday, in the central province of Ontario, where he announced two concrete measures aimed at wooing middle-class voters, the main targets of both his Liberal party and opposition Conservatives in the October 21 elections.

If he is reelected, Trudeau said middle-class Canadians would not pay taxes on the first Can$15,000 ($11,300) they earn.

He also promised to cut Canadian cell phone plan costs, which he called "among the most expensive in the G7," by 25 percent.

These two measures would "put more than Can$1,500 a year back in the pockets of Canadian hard-working families," he said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

When a tax-and-spend liberal is forced to promise he'll cut taxes.
    He's a liar. He doesn't mention that the carbon tax he's packed onto everyone in the country takes way more than $1500 a year out of the average family's pocket.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    So what is the surest indication that Trudeau realizes that he is in trouble?

Source: Justin Trudeau returns to campaign with promise of lower taxes

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Sunday resumed his re-election campaign with a promise to lower taxes, but once again had to apologize for a photo showing him in blackface makeup.

Trudeau, 47, was already under fire for an ethics lapse and other controversies, and the decades-old photos and videos that resurfaced last week of him engaging in activities he has acknowledged as "racist" dealt a fresh blow to his chances.

After taking Saturday off, Trudeau traveled to Brampton on Sunday, in the central province of Ontario, where he announced two concrete measures aimed at wooing middle-class voters, the main targets of both his Liberal party and opposition Conservatives in the October 21 elections.

If he is reelected, Trudeau said middle-class Canadians would not pay taxes on the first Can$15,000 ($11,300) they earn.

He also promised to cut Canadian cell phone plan costs, which he called "among the most expensive in the G7," by 25 percent.

These two measures would "put more than Can$1,500 a year back in the pockets of Canadian hard-working families," he said.

Source

When a tax-and-spend liberal is forced to promise he'll cut taxes.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I once read somewhere that you reap what you sow.
    What a novel idea!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Absolutely correct. But the libs started the silliness with their political correctness, and it's sort of satisfying to see them get caught in their own foolishness.
    I once read somewhere that you reap what you sow.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
    A huge fuss about nothing at all.
    Absolutely correct. But the libs started the silliness with their political correctness, and it's sort of satisfying to see them get caught in their own foolishness.

Leave a comment:

• Rushing Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, but as we all know, it's okay when liberals do it.
    A huge fuss about nothing at all.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Source: Canada's Trudeau pledges assault rifle ban, pivots campaign amid blackface scandal

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, embroiled in a blackface picture scandal, on Friday pledged to ban military-style assault rifles in the country’s most ethnically diverse city in a bid to get his campaign back on issue.

Trudeau is campaigning in Toronto with less than five weeks to go before his Liberals fight an Oct. 21 national election and two days after at least two bombshell images of him in blackface emerged, as well as a video showing him with blacked up face and body wearing a curly haired wig.

The scandal over the pictures - which could propel the rival Conservative Party into power - is still dominating headlines both at home and abroad.

Source

Like so many scandal-plagued politicians before him Trudeau hopes that the public is like...

00000000000000a00aa0.gif
    easily distracted

Unfortunately all too often they are.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Apparently Twitter censored numerous images of Trudeau in black face and even suspended the accounts of some of those who posted them. Further, several news services are avoiding the term "blackface" (or "brownface) when discussing Trudeau instead calling it "skin-darkening makeup" -- a phrase which would include spray-on tanning products.
    Well. Who would have thought the media would do that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Apparently Twitter censored numerous images of Trudeau in black face and even suspended the accounts of some of those who posted them. Further, several news services are avoiding the term "blackface" (or "brownface) when discussing Trudeau instead calling it "skin-darkening makeup" -- a phrase which would include spray-on tanning products.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I want to know if Eddie Murphy ever apologized for his heinous racism.

Ever seen this

There's been a lot of talk about a sequel.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    I want to know if Eddie Murphy ever apologized for his heinous racism.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    So it looks like there's pictures of him dressing in black or brown face in three different times.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39779[/ATTACH]
    Wearing an Afro wig and in black face in High School to
    impersonate Jamaican singer Harry Belafonte to sing 'Day-O'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39780[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]39781[/ATTACH]
    Over a decade later while a substitute teacher

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39782[/ATTACH]
    Undated image from video but verified by the Liberal Party as Trudeau
    Three different times makes it hard to claim a simple lapse in judgment -- and it looks like it might be more than three times.

Source: Justin Trudeau leaves open possibility of more blackface photos

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau offered a fresh apology to his fellow Canadians on Thursday over his blackface and “brownface” scandal — and left open the possibility that more photos of him in the racist makeup could surface.

Speaking to reporters in Winnipeg, Trudeau said he was “deeply sorry” for appearing in three images with the skin-darkening makeup.

“What I did hurt them,” Trudeau, the son of late former Canada Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, said of his constituency. “The buck stops with me and I have a responsibility.”

The Liberal Party leader stopped short of putting an exact number on the amount of times he’s dressed up in blackface.

“I am wary of being definitive about this because recent pictures that came out I had not remembered,” he explained. “And the question is, how can you not remember that? The fact is, I didn’t understand how hurtful this is to people who live with discrimination every single day.

Source

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, but as we all know, it's okay when liberals do it.
    Funny things is, it seems like it's just the liberals that get caught doing it.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    Oops...

Justin Trudeau Wore Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party While He Taught at a Private School, Canada's Liberal Party Admits

https://time.com/5680759/justin-trud...ownface-photo/
    So it looks like there's pictures of him dressing in black or brown face in three different times.

00000000000000aaa.jpeg
    Wearing an Afro wig and in black face in High School to
    impersonate Jamaican singer Harry Belafonte to sing 'Day-O'

00000000000000ab000-00aad.jpg 00000000000000ab000-00aad2.jpg
    Over a decade later while a substitute teacher

00000000000000ab000-00aad3.jpg
    Undated image from video but verified by the Liberal Party as Trudeau

Leave a comment: