Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Justin Trudeau In Brownface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    mossy is the nicest, most sweetest, lovable...

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    No, not you!

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    My temper got the best of me.
    No, not you!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I love you mossy, but the Jerk is making a good point here. If a quote cannot be traced to a reliable source, it should be disregarded - no matter how juicy. That Trudeau is a liar is very much beside the point.
    Fine. I concede. My temper got the best of me.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    And your guy is just giving an op ed. So give me real proof that Trudeau didn't say it, and that will be that.
    I love you mossy, but the Jerk is making a good point here. If a quote cannot be traced to a reliable source, it should be disregarded - no matter how juicy. That Trudeau is a liar is very much beside the point.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Exclusive: Video shows Trudeau in blackface in 3rd instance of racist makeup

https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/j...ownface-video/

Leave a comment:

• hamster
    replied
    I think it's not something as bad as a minstrel show, but it's insensitive at least

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I find the whole "blackface is racist thing" to be nonsense. If someone is doing it to mock black people then yeah, of course that is racist, but when someone is just trying to dress up like a favorite character for Halloween or something then that is not racist. It is actually them LIKING that person and wanting to pretend to be them. So whether a white person wants to dress up like Aladdin or George Washington Carver, or a black person wants to dress up like Bill Clinton, so what?

But the liberals have turned it into something that nobody can or should do, even in the past, when nobody cared. So I have no problem with people like Trudeau reaping what they sow. Liberal policies always come back to bite them on the hiney.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    And your guy is just giving an op ed. So give me real proof that Trudeau didn't say it, and that will be that.
    Mossy!

Just stop. This is not personal. He's not "my guy." All I care about is knowing what's true, and this just ain't. It doesn't pass a sniff test in the middle of a thread with world-wide coverage about behavior far less odious. If something like that had happened, it would have made the nightly news.

Check the sources. The evidence against is "the odd thing the dog did in the night," so elementary it's convincing.

I found the quote a bunch of places, and everywhere I looked, it was second-hand at best. When everybody saying it's so has a vested interest in either making up lies or spreading them, the silence of the watchdogs gets curiouser and curiouser.

Look who you're citing!

The "Vanishing American" blog? ... promoting "Ourselves and our Prosperity"? ... fearmongering "Grand Remplacement"? — it doesn't take four years of French to translate that! ... these are straight up "future for white children," worst-of-the-worst Sturmfronters.

Wipe your feet before you track that into the house!

Cause that's nasty.

And even if it wasn't, we don't spread vicious stories for no better reason than because nobody can prove it didn't happen.

Really!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    Like the Governor of Virginia it's just boys being boys.
    Or The Shrew hostess Joy Behar who proclaimed that she was "cute" when she wore blackface.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    A blog referencing "the comments box at The Occidental Observer." That's pretty much what I found when I went looking, too.

It's not a real quote, mossy.

I know you don't like him, but that's no excuse for spreading lies.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    See? I can find stuff that contradicts your stuff.
    A blog referencing "the comments box at The Occidental Observer." That's pretty much what I found when I went looking, too.

It's not a real quote, mossy.

I know you don't like him, but that's no excuse for spreading lies.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Oh, and maybe you want to check this out:

https://vanishingamericanii.blog/201...-remplacement/

” ‘The very concept of a nation founded by European settlers is offensive to me. Old stock White Canadians are an unpleasant relic, and quite frankly, replaceable, and we will replace them.’

The above quote is attributed to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. I first saw it when it was posted in the comments box at The Occidental Observer.

It seems Trudeau said this back in April of 2019. The Canadian Cultural Action Party reported this, as did other websites.

It’s well known that Trudeau himself and Canada are devoutly ‘multicultural’, that ideology being their de facto religion, which brooks no dissent. But even knowing that, I was stunned that Trudeau was so blunt in declaring Old Stock White Canadians obsolete, and ”an unpleasant relic.”

His open declaration that they are, in his view, replaceable and destined to be replaced. “We will replace them’‘, he said outright. But even though most of our ‘leaders’ are refraining from statements like that, it seems that ‘Old Stock Americans”, meaning mostly Anglo-Saxons, are also relegated to oblivion. As I said years ago, we are being written out of the script, though those who have determined this are not yet brazen enough to speak as Trudeau did.

It also occurred to me that Trudeau himself is a descendant of ‘Old Stock’ Canadians,’ that is, through his Scottish ancestors as well as his French-Canadian forebears. Isn’t it odd that he, and so many others with like opinions, denounce and disparage their own blood kin?
    See? I can find stuff that contradicts your stuff.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    Thom Barker: Do the ends ever justify the memes?
    Three Facebook posts from last week inspired this discussion. The first was an alleged quote by Justin Trudeau:

“The very concept of a nation founded by European settlers is offensive to me. Old stock White Canadians are an unpleasant relic, and quite frankly, replaceable. And we will replace them."

On its face, this is laughable. You would have to desperately want to believe the absolute worst about the prime minister to not question its veracity. At the very least, Trudeau is a politician who has proven himself loathe to alienate voters of any kind. Plus, Trudeau’s family is the very definition of “old stock” dating back to the 1600s in Quebec.

The makers of this meme obviously want to undermine Trudeau and count on well-meaning people to pass it on without really thinking about it.

I generally assume all unsourced memes are birthed from nether orifices.

Or they'd back them up with sources.

Sometimes I go to the trouble of checking them out.

This one doesn't check.

The former substitute drama teacher is a liar and has not fallen far from his father's tree. His payout to a treacherous criminal in "apology" for being kept in prison by the Americans, his open arms to illegal immigrants to this country and his desire to take up cultural appropriation everywhere he goes speaks for him.

He is bound to destroy the economy of Alberta, which has kept this country going for decades, by shutting down the petroleum industry, has made him very unpopular here. His father did the same thing in the '80s, and it has not been forgotten.

I don't know if the source you gave is correct in showing the quote is false, I don't know who Thom Barker is and I really don't care. Trudeau is an idiot and does absolutely not deserve to be PM for another 4 years. He did not deserve to be PM for the last 4 years, and I hope he is soundly trounced and sent out Rideau Hall in shame. That should involve jail time for his actions in the SNC-Lavelin affair, but I suspect that will never happen.

Don't talk to me about my country. You don't know enough about what we live with to comment, jerk.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]39774[/ATTACH]
    Thom Barker: Do the ends ever justify the memes?
    Three Facebook posts from last week inspired this discussion. The first was an alleged quote by Justin Trudeau:

“The very concept of a nation founded by European settlers is offensive to me. Old stock White Canadians are an unpleasant relic, and quite frankly, replaceable. And we will replace them."

On its face, this is laughable. You would have to desperately want to believe the absolute worst about the prime minister to not question its veracity. At the very least, Trudeau is a politician who has proven himself loathe to alienate voters of any kind. Plus, Trudeau’s family is the very definition of “old stock” dating back to the 1600s in Quebec.

The makers of this meme obviously want to undermine Trudeau and count on well-meaning people to pass it on without really thinking about it.

I generally assume all unsourced memes are birthed from nether orifices.

Or they'd back them up with sources.

Sometimes I go to the trouble of checking them out.

This one doesn't check.

Leave a comment: