Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Justin Trudeau In Brownface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Trudeau comes across as more of a rock and roll afficicado so may I suggest The Clash's "Rock the Casbah."
    He thinks Nickleback is ok.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    So... am I a horrible person for wanting to blare, "Arabian Nights," from Aladdin on a Bluetooth Speaker at a Trudeau press conference to troll him?

No. That's a perfectly normal reaction.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I said that you were too nice to be truly mean and you proceeded to show me that I was wrong.

I'm sorry.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    So... am I a horrible person for wanting to blare, "Arabian Nights," from Aladdin on a Bluetooth Speaker at a Trudeau press conference to troll him?

Trudeau comes across as more of a rock and roll afficicado so may I suggest The Clash's "Rock the Casbah."

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Look at what happened during the production of Miss Saigon:

Source: Miss Saigon: Casting controversies

In the London production of Miss Saigon, Lea Salonga originally starred as Kim, with Jonathan Pryce as the Engineer. When the production transferred from London to New York City, the Actors' Equity Association (AEA) refused to allow Pryce, a white actor, to recreate the role of the Eurasian pimp in America.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So even though the character was half white (French-Vietnamese), a white person was initially prohibited from playing the role.
    Just think how politically incorrect and racist Star Trek is for using human actors to portray Vulcans and Klingons!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    If it were an all-white cast doing Roots, we would hear all about how racist it is.
    Look at what happened during the production of Miss Saigon:

Source: Miss Saigon: Casting controversies

In the London production of Miss Saigon, Lea Salonga originally starred as Kim, with Jonathan Pryce as the Engineer. When the production transferred from London to New York City, the Actors' Equity Association (AEA) refused to allow Pryce, a white actor, to recreate the role of the Eurasian pimp in America.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So even though the character was half white (French-Vietnamese), a white person was initially prohibited from playing the role.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I wish I could remember that.
    I said that you were too nice to be truly mean and you proceeded to show me that I was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I believe you were kvetching about the Jerk being liked so much.
    And for that rogue-y said I was nice?

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I believe you were kvetching about the Jerk being liked so much.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Pretty much the same with the whole "cultural appropriation" thing. It is one thing to dress up in order to make fun of a group but it is beyond silly when whites get told they can't serve tacos or wear a kimono -- all while simultaneously lauding someone who made an all black version of the broadway musical Hamilton.
    If it were an all-white cast doing Roots, we would hear all about how racist it is.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    The one time she was a big ol meanie to me was when I called her "nice."

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    mossy is the nicest, most sweetest, lovable...
    The one time she was a big ol meanie to me was when I called her "nice."

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I find the whole "blackface is racist thing" to be nonsense. If someone is doing it to mock black people then yeah, of course that is racist, but when someone is just trying to dress up like a favorite character for Halloween or something then that is not racist. It is actually them LIKING that person and wanting to pretend to be them. So whether a white person wants to dress up like Aladdin or George Washington Carver, or a black person wants to dress up like Bill Clinton, so what?

But the liberals have turned it into something that nobody can or should do, even in the past, when nobody cared. So I have no problem with people like Trudeau reaping what they sow. Liberal policies always come back to bite them on the hiney.
    Pretty much the same with the whole "cultural appropriation" thing. It is one thing to dress up in order to make fun of a group but it is beyond silly when whites get told they can't serve tacos or wear a kimono -- all while simultaneously lauding someone who made an all black version of the broadway musical Hamilton.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I really dislike Trudeau.

I apologize for my snit.

The jerk is still a jerk, though.

Leave a comment: