Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Universal Gun Registration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Why would any gun owner now want or support universal gun registration with Democrats talking about gun confiscation?
    Because you have a volunteer army, superseding the need for a civilian militia, the second amendment is obsolete. Please hand in your weapons.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Please hand in your weapons.
      Feel free to come get them.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        It appears that New Zealand's gun buyback program is not going all that well. The government there is talking about extending the deadline because only a small fraction of the banned firearms are getting turned in.
        They are estimating that less than 10% of the banned guns have been turned in.

Comment

Because you have a volunteer army, superseding the need for a civilian militia, the second amendment is obsolete. Please hand in your weapons.
          It may be a 'volunteer' army, but we have to remember what happened when Hitler gave machine guns to 18-year-olds. It didn't bode well for a good portion of the population.

If some people see Trump as a wannabe dictator, these people should be pro-2nd-amendment.

Comment

The 2A was never about establishing a militia or National Guard (which wasn't even founded until the 20th century), but to allow the general population to be armed and capable of forming a militia.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Feel free to come get them.
              Ammunition first

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                They are estimating that less than 10% of the banned guns have been turned in.
                Yup, and are now talking about expanding the deadline in hopes of getting a higher percentage.

National Party leader Simon Bridges has declared the program to be "a fiasco" whereas the best that the co-founder of Gun Control NZ, Nik Green, can muster is a weak, "it looks a little bit premature to be making judgments about fiascos"

The very fact that the gun grabbers here are as quiet as church mice about it is indication enough that it isn't going well.

Comment