Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I've not been confused by any of this yet - though I've been accused of being confused - which I showed was not true.

Jim
    Well you are better than the rest of us Jim. Bless you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Well you are better than the rest of us Jim. Bless you.
      you guys (you,pix,cp) are almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake.

I wonder if that might be a consequence of how abusive many of you are to others when you think you've caught them making a mistake?

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

you guys (you,pix,cp) are almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake.

I wonder if that might be a consequence of how abusive many of you are to others when you think you've caught them making a mistake?

Jim
        Whatever Mr Pot. I’m just playing by your rules and you hate it.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Kind of ironic, don't you think, what with your still insisting that Trump colluded with the Russians.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Whatever Mr Pot. I’m just playing by your rules and you hate it.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

...from hell’s heart, i stab at thee...
              fify,nc
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Kind of ironic, don't you think, what with your still insisting that Trump colluded with the Russians.
                Not at all, because I'm not rogue.

I am insisting

(1) that the evidence shows the Russian interference was designed to hurt Hillary and to help Trump. They may well have done that because of how much Putin hated Hillary.
                (2) that the trump campaign was willing to accept help from the Russians - an unconscionable policy prior to Trump among Republicans.

Both of these is well documented and well reported.

The Mueller report concluded that in spite of the above, there was no evidence of actual collusion between the two.

Jim
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-16-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

As for getting insulted - perhaps you are unaware that 'what are you going on about now' is a derogatory idiom the implies the person is spouting nonsense? Unfortunately, I had already pointed that out and there you are, doing it again.

Jim
                  You'll find life much more pleasant if you're not hyper sensitive and constantly looking for offense.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Jim
                    Yes, it's ALWAYS "everybody else".
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      fify,nc
                      I ... will ... resist ... the ... obvious ......... response .....................

Comment

I’m perfect and everyone else just had ‘miscommunications’ with me all the time. Trust me, I’m right and you’re wrong, unless your opinion proves me wrong than it’s just a difference of opinion and I’m still right.
                        fify,nc
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Jim
                          saying I was confused by the whole thing is me being unable to admit I made a mistake? I still don't get it, you were chiding LPOT and using CP as the whip as far as I can tell, but then saying it was about what JimL said. I think you are the only one who knows what you were doing. The rest of us are confused.

. And I have no problem admitting when I am wrong about something. ...I do it often

Comment

This statement is demonstrably false, as there have been numerous times on Tweb when I have admitted to being wrong.

I'll hold back from calling it an outright lie, however, as I believe that your current state might actually cause you to believe this steaming load of horsie poo.

Besides -- what, exactly, is there for me to admit being wrong about?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Yes, it's ALWAYS "everybody else".
                              In this case there is one person wrong that cant admit she is. And two others trying their very best to find something derogatory to say that will stick. So in this thread, to this point, that would be the case.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                This statement is demonstrably false, as there have been numerous times on Tweb when I have admitted to being wrong.

I'll hold back from calling it an outright lie, however, as I believe that your current state might actually cause you to believe this steaming load of horsie poo.

Besides -- what, exactly, is there for me to admit being wrong about?
                                That you knew the idiomatic meaning of "what are you going on about now", that it was derogatory and in this case uncalled for jab. That I have some obligation to respond to you in that case, and that for sone reason it was I, by gently pushing back and not reponding to your derogatory request, that was somehow in the wrong.

Jim

Comment