Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    ...and I actually disagree with the snipe in it against Christians....
    I suspect, in your zeal to do battle with Pix, that totally escaped your attention.

Just my opinion.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You really need to back off -
      Might try some of your own medicine, doc. Just sayin.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I suspect, in your zeal to do battle with Pix, that totally escaped your attention.

Just my opinion.
        Not at all. Pix had misunderstood what JimL meant and was trying to paint him as stupid. So I pointed out she misunderstood him and that the statement wasn't an indication of a lack of intelligence. I've been pretty low key here CP. You and pix are the ones going off the rails.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Might try some of your own medicine, doc. Just sayin.
          I've just been replying to various off the rails rants in a very low key fashion. So I don't really have any need to 'back off'.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not at all. Pix had misunderstood what JimL meant and was trying to paint him as stupid. So I pointed out she misunderstood him and that the statement wasn't an indication of a lack of intelligence. I've been pretty low key here CP. You and pix are the ones going off the rails.

Jim
            That’s your opinion Jim and you know what they say about opinions.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• At this point I think everyone is sufficiently confused and we should just forget it and move on.

Comment

I've just been replying to various off the rails rants in a very low key fashion. So I don't really have any need to 'back off'.

Jim
                And I'm sure you "know" this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  At this point I think everyone is sufficiently confused and we should just forget it and move on.
                  Amen.

Comment

Forget it - continue with your goings on and getting insulted.
                    As for getting insulted - perhaps you are unaware that 'what are you going on about now' is a derogatory idiom the implies the person is spouting nonsense? Unfortunately, I had already pointed that out and there you are, doing it again.

Jim

Comment

As for getting insulted - perhaps you are unaware that 'what are you going on about now' is a derogatory idiom the implies the person is spouting nonsense? Unfortunately, I had already pointed that out and there you are, doing it again.

Jim
                      What Sparko said.

Next?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        That’s your opinion Jim and you know what they say about opinions.
                        Denial of the truth is not the truth Pix. That you misunderstood is simple, objective truth - which I already pointed out using the precise language of logic. Your continued denials of such a simple, objective fact actually do not help your case. They tend to imply you are missing some pretty basic logic tools, or that you would rather deny the truth than admit you made a mistake.

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-16-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          At this point I think everyone is sufficiently confused and we should just forget it and move on.
                          I've not been confused by any of this yet - though I've been accused of being confused - which I showed was not true.

Jim

Comment

Denial of the truth is not the truth Pix. That you misunderstood is simple, objective truth - which I already pointed out using the precise language of logic. Your continued denials of such a simple, objective fact actually do not help your case. They tend to imply you are missing some pretty basic logic tools, or that you would rather deny the truth than admit you made a mistake.

Jim
                            Denial that you simply want Jimmy to say what you want him to say won’t help you here. I wonder how many more people need to jump on you before you determine where the real problem sits. My guess is I’m dead right, you’re so darned determined to prove you’re the smartest person in the room you’ll see things that you want to see just to get even.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Denial that you simply want Jimmy to say what you want him to say won’t help you here. I wonder how many more people need to jump on you before you determine where the real problem sits. My guess is I’m dead right, you’re so darned determined to prove you’re the smartest person in the room you’ll see things that you want to see just to get even.
                              !(2+2==5) != !(2+2!=5)

You made a mistake. It's not the end of the world, thpugh you are acting like it is.

Jim

Comment

!(2+2==5) != !(2+2!=5)

You made a mistake. It's not the end of the world, thpugh you are acting like it is.

Jim
                                However you want to take his words to fulfill this silly little game of yours in your obsession to try to prove me wrong and your inability to see your argument is based on your opinion. Get help.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment