Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Glad I was able to bring some happiness into your day.

Jim
    CP was asking what you were going on about when you said this:

It's what was meant. It's clear from the context of cp's statement and his reply. I am sincerely hoping you will simply humble yourself and admit you misunderstood him.

Jim

I believe you meant JimL, not CP. maybe time for some humility from you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd
      It's what was meant. It's clear from the context of cp's statement and his reply. I am sincerely hoping you will simply humble yourself and admit you misunderstood him.

Jim

That's why I asked, he tends to get mixed up like that rather frequently.

I'm sure a sincere apology will follow.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Try again:

CP's statement:

Originally posted by CP
        Except that, in JimmyWorld, you can "know" stuff that's absolutely not true, which you prove with nearly every post.
        JimL's reply, misundertood by pix and others:
        Originally posted by JimL
        Well, that's just a logical absurdity, Cp, but then again, it is a CPism. Nobody can know what is not true, CP, although Christians like yourself proclaim that they do.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          That's why I asked, he tends to get mixed up like that rather frequently.

I'm sure a sincere apology will follow.
          No apology necessary. None of this was about you. It was about Pix misunderstanding JimL's response.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No apology necessary. And no mixup. But you certainly are full of a Spirit which is not Holy today.

Jim
            Irony meters all over the world......

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Try again:

CP's statement:

Jim
              Did you notice I put "know" in quotation marks, Jim? As in - there are a lot of people who "know" that the earth is flat, or that Jesus never existed.

But, thanks for finally getting to the answer to my question!

Comment

Try again:

CP's statement:

Jim
                Then why were you admonishing LPOT and using CP as the correction when it appears CP made the same "mistake" - he was obviously using sarcasm?

If you wanted to correct LPOT you should have used JimL's statement since that is what you were correcting her about.

And why not just answer CP when he asked then?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Irony meters all over the world......

There is nothing here from me except the defense of statement by JimL misunderstood by Pix, and a rebuttal of your rude 'request' for clarification. There is nothing here for you to be offended at CP. You were the one making a snide remark, which I rebuffed - rather mildly.

Are you so determined to malign me that even when I offer no harsh word, attack no-one, only defend a person that was unjustly maligned himself, that you will manufacture an offense?

Jim

Comment

There is nothing here from me except the defense of statement by JimL misunderstood by Pix, and a rebuttal of your rude 'request' for clarification.
                    Ah, so you chose to be offended.

There is nothing here for you to be offended at CP.
                    I'm not. Not in the least.

You were the one making a snide remark, which I rebuffed - rather mildly.
                    You chose to be offended, and ignore the question.

Are you so determined to malign me that even when I offer no harsh word, attack no-one, only defend a person that was unjustly maligned himself, that you will manufacture an offense?

Jim
                    Wow.....

Comment

• Well, Jim, you definitely got the whole liberal "I am a victim" thing down pat. Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Try again:

CP's statement:

Originally posted by CP
                        Except that, in JimmyWorld, you can "know" stuff that's absolutely not true, which you prove with nearly every post.

Originally posted by JimL
                        Well, that's just a logical absurdity, Cp, but then again, it is a CPism. Nobody can know what is not true, CP, although Christians like yourself proclaim that they do.
                        Jim
                        So, lemme get this straight.... The jackass quote from JimL above is what you're defending?

Again, I purposely used "know" in quotation marks assuming that a reasonably intelligent person would realize that I didn't actually mean know in the literal sense.

Your little buddy distorts that into an actual "knowing", pretending to know something about logic, and attesting that one cannot "know what is not true".

Do you REALLY BUY that, Jim?

As I said - people can "know" that the earth is flat - doesn't make it true. In fact, we know it's not.

And, by the way, your little buddy claims that "Christians like yourself proclaim that they do". I would assume this is an insult to those of us who know we are saved, or that Jesus is the Christ, since he's constantly mocking that.

That's the kind of crap you're defending?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Then why were you admonishing LPOT and using CP as the correction when it appears CP made the same "mistake" - he was obviously using sarcasm?
                          I didn't. Go back and read again. CP made the original statement. JimL told him you can't know what that which isnt' true (meaning you can't know something that is not itself true), then Pix tried to mock him for saying you can't know if something is true or not. I've already explained it all several times Sparko, all you need to do is read through the text being open to the possibility I had a valid point to make.

If you wanted to correct LPOT you should have used JimL's statement since that is what you were correcting her about.
                          No Sparko, that simply isn't true.

And why not just answer CP when he asked then?

Because I don't respond to "What are you going on about now?" "what are you going on about" is a derogatory idiom which implies the person is just spouting nonsense.

If a person asks me for a favor but insults me first, I reserve the right not to answer their question.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            So, lemme get this straight.... The jackass quote from JimL above is what you're defending?

Again, I purposely used "know" in quotation marks assuming that a reasonably intelligent person would realize that I didn't actually mean know in the literal sense.

Your little buddy distorts that into an actual "knowing", pretending to know something about logic, and attesting that one cannot "know what is not true".

Do you REALLY BUY that, Jim?

As I said - people can "know" that the earth is flat - doesn't make it true. In fact, we know it's not.

And, by the way, your little buddy claims that "Christians like yourself proclaim that they do". I would assume this is an insult to those of us who know we are saved, or that Jesus is the Christ, since he's constantly mocking that.

That's the kind of crap you're defending?
                            So - I see you are determined to make this into something I did wrong. Interesting, and sad.

My reply had nothing to do with you CP. It had nothing to do with whether or not JimL's point was accurate, and I actually disagree with the snipe in it against Christians.

What I was doing was defending JimL against the accusation by Pix that he said something he did not say. I was not making any value judgments on JimL's original point. Pix didn't understand what JimL said. I pointed out why, which Pix didn't like.

Jim
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-16-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              So - I see you are determined to make this into something I did wrong. Interesting, and sad.
                              wow

My reply had nothing to do with you CP.
                              Then why'd you QUOTE me?

Forget it - continue with your goings on and getting insulted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                wow

Then why'd you QUOTE me?

Forget it - continue with your goings on and getting insulted.
                                I didn't quote you, until sparko came along and tried to say I'd mixed you up with JimL. The only reason your initials were in my reply was because the statement of JimL's that Pix misunderstood was a reply to you.

Jim

Comment