Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    There was no mistake. Now do you have the humility to apologize for accusing me of being a racist?
    There was a mistake, and I showed yiu exactly what it was. And I repeat, yhis is a simple logic issue, therefore you are simply wrong. Saying i cant know 2+2=5 is not the same thing as saying I can't know 2+2!=5. The forner is true, the latter is false, and you rebuked jiml fo saying the latter when he meant the former. Therefore you were wrong.

This simply goes to your integrity.

As for your offense at my words, I never called you a racist pix. But I said some statements made by people were racist, and you may have said some of the things I believe are racist. I cant apologize for what I believe is true about how to classify a statement. Further, I clarified that I do not beieve most of you want to hold racist thoughts or ideas necessarily, that you believe racism is wrong. That doesnt change the fact you have adopted positions that are commonly espoused and propagated by white nationalists as part of their actual racism.

Pix, perhaps it would be better if you tried to understand why I think what I do, and then, if you still disagree, we can just agree to disagree on the point of if those statements were racist.
    Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I cant apologize for what I believe is true about how to classify a statement.
      Sure you can, especially when what you believe to be true is, in fact, wrong.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

There was a mistake, and I showed yiu exactly what it was. And I repeat, yhis is a simple logic issue, therefore you are simply wrong. Saying i cant know 2+2=5 is not the same thing as saying I can't know 2+2!=5. The forner is true, the latter is false, and you rebuked jiml fo saying the latter when he meant the former. Therefore you were wrong.
        My dear sweet Jim, that’s a semantics game and I suspect you know it. The argument I have laid forth is you is you can know something isn’t true by knowing what is true. A point you have yet to refute. Don’t worry, I know you’ll fume and call me all sorts of hypocritical name because you’re incapable of ever admitting to a single mistake not understanding the clear joke that was made. Yep, TDS really does destroy the humor centers of the brain and leaves its victims a humorless shrill.

This simply goes to your integrity.

The man that falsely accuses people of something for disagreeing with his stupid statements accuses others of a ‘lack of integrity’.

“Your black!!!”

Screams the pot.

As for your offense at my words, I never called you a racist pix. But I said some statements made by people were racist, and you may have said some of the things I believe are racist. I cant apologize for what I believe is true about how to classify a statement. Further, I clarified that I do not beieve most of you want to hold racist thoughts or ideas necessarily, that you believe racism is wrong. That doesnt change the fact you have adopted positions that are commonly espoused and propagated by white nationalists as part of their actual racism.

Pix, perhaps it would be better if you tried to understand why I think what I do, and then, if you still disagree, we can just agree to disagree on the point of if those statements were racist.
        Jim
        In other words,

“You’re not a racist but...”

Because you’re a dishonest hack that thinks nobody can see through his shield. You’ve accused me of being a racist and you’re too dishonest to admit you have and everyone can see it. Ask yourself, “Why do I get the reactions I get around here?” of course you’ll rationalize it away because you’re not honest with yourself and lie to yourself over and over again, but your passive aggressive stance and thinly veiled accusations fool no one, but yourself. Keep it up Jim, you haven’t totally destroyed your reputation of honesty yet.
        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 09-16-2019, 06:25 AM.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          My dear sweet Jim, that’s a semantics game and I suspect you know it. The argument I have laid forth is you is you can know something isn’t true by knowing what is true. A point you have yet to refute. Don’t worry, I know you’ll fume and call me all sorts of hypocritical name because you’re incapable of ever admitting to a single mistake not understanding the clear joke that was made. Yep, TDS really does destroy the humor centers of the brain and leaves its victims a humorless shrill.
          Ok - this is just the simple fact you don't understand logic. And there is little I can do to correct that. However, this is the simple reality:

You were interpreting JimL was saying you can't know 2+2==5 is false, Jiml was arguing thou can't know 2+2 == 5 is true, they are different statements, they have different meanings, and YOU misunderstood JimL.

More precisely, Using demorgans to translate into the negative you were using: 2+2 == 5 is !(2+2!=5), whereas JimL was saying !(2+2==5)

!(2+2!=5) != !(2+2==5) QED

The man that falsely accuses people of something for disagreeing with his stupid statements accuses others of a ‘lack of integrity’.

“Your black!!!”

Screams the pot.

In other words,

“You’re not a racist but...”

Because you’re a dishonest hack that thinks nobody can see through his shield. You’ve accused me of being a racist and you’re too dishonest to admit you have and everyone can see it. Ask yourself, “Why do I get the reactions I get around here?” of course you’ll rationalize it away because you’re not honest with yourself and lie to yourself over and over again, but your passive aggressive stance and thinly veiled accusations fool no one, but yourself. Keep it up Jim, you haven’t totally destroyed your reputation of honesty yet.

Back to the personal insults again I see. I have accused you of adopting racist thought patterns. I do not believe that makes you a racist in the sense of consciously adopting a purposed racist mentality, or of thinking that black people are inferior to you in a conscious way. Unfortunately, the way racism has been incorporated into our culture over time, we can hold racist ideas or thoughts without realizing that is what we are doing.

If you insist on saying that means I called you racist, that is your choice. But either way, I can't apologize for speaking that which is true.

However, in the case relative to you rant on JimL, you are refusing to admit you were wrong (which is quite different from an apology) in terms of what you understood JimL to be saying - and your words are right there in black and white. You misunderstood him plain and simple. And it appears you also don't even understand logically where you made your mistake, which may in part be why we can't communicate very well.

Jim
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-16-2019, 07:57 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Sure you can, especially when what you believe to be true is, in fact, wrong.
            I will always admit I was wrong if it has been demonstrated I was wrong. That has not happened yet in this case. Perhaps that would be a good reason for you and pix both to focus more on making logical arguments that support your positions and less on hurling degrading personal insults at the people you disagree with?

JIm

Comment

Ok - this is just the simple fact you don't understand logic. And there is little I can do to correct that. However, this is the simple reality:

You were interpreting JimL was saying you can't know 2+2==5 is false, Jiml was arguing thou can't know 2+2 == 5 is true, they are different statements, they have different meanings, and YOU misunderstood JimL.
              That’s a great semantics game you got going there. Stick with that because I wasn’t aware that pure logic was the only way to know things, Mr Spock. After all, I seem to recall a certain philosopher that attempted to use pure logic to make scientific predictions a few thousand years ago. How well did that work out?

Back to the personal insults again I see. I have accused you of adopting racist thought patterns. I do not believe that makes you a racist in the sense of consciously adopting a purposed racist mentality, or of thinking that black people are inferior to you in a conscious way. Unfortunately, the way racism has been incorporated into our culture over time, we can hold racist ideas or thoughts without realizing that is what we are doing.
              “You’re black!!!!!”

Screams the pot. Still trying to hide your false accusations and round about ways you go around throwing out accusations, you have no proof of to help yourself feel better? I didn’t invent any of these ideas, but got them from black people I've worked with over the years. More than a few black guys I’ve worked with grew up in the hood and say you’re lines of thinking in establishing low expectations and making yourself feel better by ‘helping’ only makes things worse. One trillion dollars, in roughly 50 years, and still nothing to show for it. It’s almost as if you’re plan does nothing, but waste billions a year and makes you feel good. Maybe you’re right, maybe they’re racist that hate black people too.

If you insist on saying that means I called you racist, that is your choice. But either way, I can't apologize for speaking that which is true.
              It is true and your thinly veiled accusations fool no one, but you. Do tell, why do you get the reactions you get around here or why have so many people chose not to engage with you anymore?

However, in the case relative to you rant on JimL, you are refusing to admit you were wrong (which is quite different from an apology) in terms of what you understood JimL to be saying - and your words are right there in black and white. You misunderstood him plain and simple. And it appears you also don't even understand logically where you made your mistake, which may in part be why we can't communicate very well.
              Yet many people seem to have this ‘communication problem’ with you. It’s almost as if you’re an arrogant know it all jack ass that can’t be convinced he’s wrong and butts heads with anyone that refuses to acknowledge that he’s the smartest person in the room. Imagine that, anyway it’s a shame logic isn’t all there is, isn’t it? After all, how logical, is quantum mechanics or a whole host of things?
              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 09-16-2019, 08:25 AM.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I will always admit I was wrong if it has been demonstrated I was wrong.
                Sometimes. Other times you dig your heals in and stubbornly refuse to admit an error even when it's plainly obvious to everybody else.

Comment

Sometimes. Other times you dig your heals in and stubbornly refuse to admit an error even when it's plainly obvious to everybody else.

Then we would have a difference of opinion.

Comment

Ok. as you wish.
                    What I 'wish' is that you'd actually answer the question - What statement, and what reply are you talking about?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      What I 'wish' is that you'd actually answer the question - What statement, and what reply are you talking about?
                      Well then next time dont be nasty about it.

Jim

Comment

Jim
                        Hi pot, how you doing?

Signed kettle
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Then we would have a difference of opinion.
                          Of course, because you're perfect.

Comment

Of course, because you're perfect.
                            a difference of opinion confers no claim of perfection on either party.

Jim

Comment

Jim
                              Thanks, Jim - I needed a laugh this morning. At this point, I no longer care about your answer.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Thanks, Jim - I needed a laugh this morning. At this point, I no longer care about your answer.
                                Glad I was able to bring some happiness into your day.

Jim

Comment