Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    I never said that. Maybe you should try not making up something in order to make it easier to refute. The point is that democrats are more than willing to subvert democratic processes, in order to win. A thing you seem to believe to be something only republicans do.
    i-voted-tombstone.jpg

FAR more dead people vote for Democrats than for Republicans.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you're attempting to morally justify something by saying "they did it too", you've already lost.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I never said that. Maybe you should try not making up something in order to make it easier to refute. The point is that democrats are more than willing to subvert democratic processes, in order to win. A thing you seem to believe to be something only republicans do.
        The courts are part of our democracy so I have no idea what you are going on about. I never suggested that republicans subverted democracy by going through the courts. You brought the courts into it probably to divert attention from the things that republicans are actually doing like the many facets of their voter suppression tactics, or tactics like calling votes in secret with only republicans in attendance in order to overide a democrat governors veto. No, you don't see democrats pulling these undemocratic stunts, that's how republicans operate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]39698[/ATTACH]

FAR more dead people vote for Democrats than for Republicans.
          You'd like to think so anyway. Unfortunately you are obviously naive and easily led.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            You'd like to think so anyway. Unfortunately you are obviously naive and easily led.
            I don't believe I have ever seen anybody who can be so consistently ironic.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't believe I have ever seen anybody who can be so consistently ironic.
              Talking to yourself in the mirror again, eh CP.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                If you're attempting to morally justify something by saying "they did it too", you've already lost.
                that is JimL doing it not lilpixie

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  That's typically not how the argument goes. Usually it's "Why do you care about it now when you didn't care about it then?"
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    That's typically not how the argument goes. Usually it's "Why do you care about it now when you didn't care about it then?"
                    But that is your questions to others. We also need to make our own decisions on how we will act as individuals. And in those cases, no one of us can justify our actions only by pointing to the fact that others did the same. So even if those who would blame me in a given situation would be hypocrites for doing so, it does not follow that my action was justifiable.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Talking to yourself in the mirror again, eh CP.
                      Isn't that the kind of crap for which you just scolded RTT just a few days ago?

Comment

The courts are part of our democracy so I have no idea what you are going on about. I never suggested that republicans subverted democracy by going through the courts. You brought the courts into it probably to divert attention from the things that republicans are actually doing like the many facets of their voter suppression tactics, or tactics like calling votes in secret with only republicans in attendance in order to overide a democrat governors veto. No, you don't see democrats pulling these undemocratic stunts, that's how republicans operate.

You’re so deluded, it’s funny. The federal courts are appointed positions (usually along party lines) that often legislate through the bench. Can you seriously not think of a single time where Democrats used the courts to push through things they couldn’t get through Congress or the ballet box?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Isn't that the kind of crap for which you just scolded RTT just a few days ago?
                          Nope, you do the same, CP, it's just that in RTT's case, it's all she ever does. I wouldn't bring it up if she ever contributed to the actual subject at hand, but she doesn't.
                          Last edited by JimL; 09-13-2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

You’re so deluded, it’s funny. The federal courts are appointed positions (usually along party lines) that often legislate through the bench. Can you seriously not think of a single time where Democrats used the courts to push through things they couldn’t get through Congress or the ballet box?
                            Okay, so you don't believe in the courts, the constitution or democracy in general, gotcha ya. It's no wonder you're a Trump supporter.

Comment

Okay, so you don't believe in the courts, the constitution or democracy in general, gotcha ya. It's no wonder you're a Trump supporter.
                              Where does the Constitution give the courts the power to make new laws?
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                I believe the courts have strictly defined limits as imposed by the Constitution, and Trump has been busy appointing Federal judges who know and abide by those limits. That's why I support him.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment