Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So you can’t know that you’re not a serial killer? Do you even put a thought into something before you speak? Saying 2+2=4 is saying that 2+2 can’t equal 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, etc.
    You are not understanding the point pix. He is saying, in the context of your example, that 2+2=5 is not something you can 'know'. You can know 2+2=4, and you can know 2+2!=5, but you can't know 2+2=5. You can't 'know'(know as in 'know it is true') that which is itself not true.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      We can always tell when something gets under your skin by the way you try to turn it back against us.

You are SUCH a pathetic little copycat!
      Got under your skin did I, CP?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        You are not understanding the point pix. He is saying, in the context of your example, that 2+2=5 is not something you can 'know'. You can know 2+2=4, and you can know 2+2!=5, but you can't know 2+2=5. You can't 'know'(know as in 'know it is true') that which is itself not true.

Jim
        Sound like good old semantics to me.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Got under your skin did I, CP?
          That'll be the day, Peewee.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It assumes knowledge is always truth - which is not true ("retrograde motion") - but it isn't a semantics issue.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              It assumes knowledge is always truth - which is not true ("retrograde motion") - but it isn't a semantics issue.
              People are also quite adept at convincing themselves that a lie is the truth.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's what was meant. It's clear from the context of cp's statement and his reply. I am sincerely hoping you will simply humble yourself and admit you misunderstood him.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  People are also quite adept at convincing themselves that a lie is the truth.
                  And there is no one does that any better than you do, MM.

Comment

It's what was meant. It's clear from the context of cp's statement and his reply. I am sincerely hoping you will simply humble yourself and admit you misunderstood him.

Jim
                    What are you going on about now? What statement, and what reply are you talking about?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What are you going on about now? What statement, and what reply are you talking about?
                      Going on about now?

Comment

Going on about now?
                        yes

Comment

Jim
                          The same person that refuses to humble himself complains about others when he thinks they do what he does on a daily bases. So do you want to be the pot or the kettle this time, hypocrite? Anyway, it’s clear that Jimmy didn’t understand the post nor get the joke, but do continue to defend him since he hates the same things you hate. Get help.
                          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 09-15-2019, 09:41 PM.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The same person that refuses to humble himself complains about others when he thinks they do what he does on a daily bases. So do you want to be the pot or the kettle this time, hypocrite? Anyway, it’s clear that Jimmy didn’t understand the post nor get the joke, but do continue to defend him since he hates the same things you hate. Get help.
                            I defend him because you pontificated on how stupid he was when in fact it was your own mistake. Now, do you have the capacity to admit your mistake or not?

Jim

Comment

yes
                              Ok. as you wish.

Comment

I defend him because you pontificated on how stupid he was when in fact it was your own mistake. Now, do you have the capacity to admit your mistake or not?

Jim
                                There was no mistake. Now do you have the humility to apologize for accusing me of being a racist?
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment