Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Forget it - continue with your goings on and getting insulted.
    As for getting insulted - perhaps you are unaware that 'what are you going on about now' is a derogatory idiom the implies the person is spouting nonsense? Unfortunately, I had already pointed that out and there you are, doing it again.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    At this point I think everyone is sufficiently confused and we should just forget it and move on.
    Amen.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I've just been replying to various off the rails rants in a very low key fashion. So I don't really have any need to 'back off'.

Jim
    And I'm sure you "know" this.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    At this point I think everyone is sufficiently confused and we should just forget it and move on.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Not at all. Pix had misunderstood what JimL meant and was trying to paint him as stupid. So I pointed out she misunderstood him and that the statement wasn't an indication of a lack of intelligence. I've been pretty low key here CP. You and pix are the ones going off the rails.

Jim
    That’s your opinion Jim and you know what they say about opinions.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Might try some of your own medicine, doc. Just sayin.
    I've just been replying to various off the rails rants in a very low key fashion. So I don't really have any need to 'back off'.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    I suspect, in your zeal to do battle with Pix, that totally escaped your attention.

Just my opinion.
    Not at all. Pix had misunderstood what JimL meant and was trying to paint him as stupid. So I pointed out she misunderstood him and that the statement wasn't an indication of a lack of intelligence. I've been pretty low key here CP. You and pix are the ones going off the rails.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You really need to back off -
    Might try some of your own medicine, doc. Just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    ...and I actually disagree with the snipe in it against Christians....
    I suspect, in your zeal to do battle with Pix, that totally escaped your attention.

Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    wow

Then why'd you QUOTE me?

I didn't quote you, until sparko came along and tried to say I'd mixed you up with JimL. The only reason your initials were in my reply was because the statement of JimL's that Pix misunderstood was a reply to you.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    So - I see you are determined to make this into something I did wrong. Interesting, and sad.
    wow

My reply had nothing to do with you CP.
    Then why'd you QUOTE me?

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    So, lemme get this straight.... The jackass quote from JimL above is what you're defending?

Again, I purposely used "know" in quotation marks assuming that a reasonably intelligent person would realize that I didn't actually mean know in the literal sense.

Your little buddy distorts that into an actual "knowing", pretending to know something about logic, and attesting that one cannot "know what is not true".

Do you REALLY BUY that, Jim?

As I said - people can "know" that the earth is flat - doesn't make it true. In fact, we know it's not.

And, by the way, your little buddy claims that "Christians like yourself proclaim that they do". I would assume this is an insult to those of us who know we are saved, or that Jesus is the Christ, since he's constantly mocking that.

That's the kind of crap you're defending?
    So - I see you are determined to make this into something I did wrong. Interesting, and sad.

My reply had nothing to do with you CP. It had nothing to do with whether or not JimL's point was accurate, and I actually disagree with the snipe in it against Christians.

What I was doing was defending JimL against the accusation by Pix that he said something he did not say. I was not making any value judgments on JimL's original point. Pix didn't understand what JimL said. I pointed out why, which Pix didn't like.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-16-2019, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Then why were you admonishing LPOT and using CP as the correction when it appears CP made the same "mistake" - he was obviously using sarcasm?
    I didn't. Go back and read again. CP made the original statement. JimL told him you can't know what that which isnt' true (meaning you can't know something that is not itself true), then Pix tried to mock him for saying you can't know if something is true or not. I've already explained it all several times Sparko, all you need to do is read through the text being open to the possibility I had a valid point to make.

If you wanted to correct LPOT you should have used JimL's statement since that is what you were correcting her about.
    No Sparko, that simply isn't true.

And why not just answer CP when he asked then?

Because I don't respond to "What are you going on about now?" "what are you going on about" is a derogatory idiom which implies the person is just spouting nonsense.

If a person asks me for a favor but insults me first, I reserve the right not to answer their question.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Try again:

CP's statement:

Originally posted by CP
    Except that, in JimmyWorld, you can "know" stuff that's absolutely not true, which you prove with nearly every post.
    JimL's reply, misundertood by pix and others:

Originally posted by JimL
    Well, that's just a logical absurdity, Cp, but then again, it is a CPism. Nobody can know what is not true, CP, although Christians like yourself proclaim that they do.
    Jim
    So, lemme get this straight.... The jackass quote from JimL above is what you're defending?

Again, I purposely used "know" in quotation marks assuming that a reasonably intelligent person would realize that I didn't actually mean know in the literal sense.

Your little buddy distorts that into an actual "knowing", pretending to know something about logic, and attesting that one cannot "know what is not true".

Do you REALLY BUY that, Jim?

As I said - people can "know" that the earth is flat - doesn't make it true. In fact, we know it's not.

And, by the way, your little buddy claims that "Christians like yourself proclaim that they do". I would assume this is an insult to those of us who know we are saved, or that Jesus is the Christ, since he's constantly mocking that.

That's the kind of crap you're defending?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Well, Jim, you definitely got the whole liberal "I am a victim" thing down pat. Congrats.

Leave a comment: