Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    CP, i didnt make this about me. You,Sparko, and pix did. Go reread from my first response where I told pix she misunderstood JimL. Nowhere have I attacked any of you personally. I have pointed out mistakes, defended my sekf moderately against attacks, and in your case I chose not to answer your request.

Jim
    talk to the hand.jpg

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    When can I be as holy and perfect as you?

Since Im neither holy nor perfect, anytime you wish I suppose.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It was simply observing the fact that you so frequently tend to make the argument about you, or you being attacked, or offended, or more holy or righteous than others --- it gets old.

There's nothing here for me to "admit being wrong" about.

Your false accusation of me of being "almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake" is nuts.

I'll try to return to my policy of ignoring your posts.
    CP, i didnt make this about me. You,Sparko, and pix did. Go reread from my first response where I told pix she misunderstood JimL. Nowhere have I attacked any of you personally. I have pointed out mistakes, defended my sekf moderately against attacks, and in your case I chose not to answer your request.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    You like to play that card, but the last how many pages have been devoted to you, sparko, pix, and even rogue crazily, railing on and on about how wrong I am - even though I have shown each accusation to be false.

Including this one.

Jim
    When can I be as holy and perfect as you?

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    In your own little "everybody's out to get me" mind, perhaps. I still think you should take some of your own medicine, doc!

Last word to you.
    You like to play that card, but the last how many pages have been devoted to you, sparko, pix, and even rogue crazily, railing on and on about how wrong I am - even though I have shown each accusation to be false.

Including this one.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    That you knew the idiomatic meaning of "what are you going on about now", that it was derogatory and in this case uncalled for jab.
    It was simply observing the fact that you so frequently tend to make the argument about you, or you being attacked, or offended, or more holy or righteous than others --- it gets old.

There's nothing here for me to "admit being wrong" about.

Your false accusation of me of being "almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake" is nuts.

I'll try to return to my policy of ignoring your posts.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    saying I was confused by the whole thing is me being unable to admit I made a mistake? I still don't get it, you were chiding LPOT and using CP as the whip as far as I can tell, but then saying it was about what JimL said. I think you are the only one who knows what you were doing. The rest of us are confused.

. And I have no problem admitting when I am wrong about something. ...I do it often
    Saying you were confused could perhaps be an indirect admission you made a mistake. There are other things it could be of course, but if that was your intent, vague as it was, I can accept that. Thanks for pointing it out though, 'cause I didn't recognize it as that when you posted it.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    In this case there is one person wrong that cant admit she is. And two others trying their very best to find something derogatory to say that will stick. So in this thread, to this point, that would be the case.

Jim
    Sorry Jim, but what we have here is your opinion of what you THINK Jimmy said. Of course since your interpretation fits into your ‘LPOT BAD!!!!’ Black\white mentality, it’s true. Flail away.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    In this case there is one person wrong that cant admit she is.
    That's between you and her.

And two others trying their very best to find something derogatory to say that will stick.
    Well, you're wrong, but you always seem to make it about "I'm being attacked". Perhaps you should just grow a little thicker skin, Jim.

So in this thread, to this point, that would be the case.

Jim
    In your own little "everybody's out to get me" mind, perhaps. I still think you should take some of your own medicine, doc!

Last word to you.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    This statement is demonstrably false, as there have been numerous times on Tweb when I have admitted to being wrong.

I'll hold back from calling it an outright lie, however, as I believe that your current state might actually cause you to believe this steaming load of horsie poo.

Besides -- what, exactly, is there for me to admit being wrong about?
    That you knew the idiomatic meaning of "what are you going on about now", that it was derogatory and in this case uncalled for jab. That I have some obligation to respond to you in that case, and that for sone reason it was I, by gently pushing back and not reponding to your derogatory request, that was somehow in the wrong.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Yes, it's ALWAYS "everybody else".
    In this case there is one person wrong that cant admit she is. And two others trying their very best to find something derogatory to say that will stick. So in this thread, to this point, that would be the case.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    you guys (you,pix,cp) are almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake.
    This statement is demonstrably false, as there have been numerous times on Tweb when I have admitted to being wrong.

I'll hold back from calling it an outright lie, however, as I believe that your current state might actually cause you to believe this steaming load of horsie poo.

Besides -- what, exactly, is there for me to admit being wrong about?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    you guys (you,pix,cp) are almost pathologically unable to admit you made a mistake.

I wonder if that might be a consequence of how abusive many of you are to others when you think you've caught them making a mistake?

Jim
    saying I was confused by the whole thing is me being unable to admit I made a mistake? I still don't get it, you were chiding LPOT and using CP as the whip as far as I can tell, but then saying it was about what JimL said. I think you are the only one who knows what you were doing. The rest of us are confused.

. And I have no problem admitting when I am wrong about something. ...I do it often

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    I’m perfect and everyone else just had ‘miscommunications’ with me all the time. Trust me, I’m right and you’re wrong, unless your opinion proves me wrong than it’s just a difference of opinion and I’m still right.
    fify,nc

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    fify,nc
    I ... will ... resist ... the ... obvious ......... response .....................

Leave a comment: