Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Re-Education Camps That Far Fetched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychic Missile
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    Yes, it is job compliance, it doesn't make it any more acceptable. Again what if Don Jones came out and said, according to his religious beliefs, he believed that homosexual behavior or gay marriage were deeply immoral - should he be fined or be threatened with job loss?
    Do you not believe in a free market? Are you saying you are against at-will employment?

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    So was it the government who did this, or was it his employers. Your OP implied that the government was creating reeducation camps. This seems more like job compliance.
    Yes, it is job compliance, it doesn't make it any more acceptable. Again what if Don Jones came out and said, according to his religious beliefs, he believed that homosexual behavior or gay marriage were deeply immoral - should he be fined or be threatened with job loss?

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    What if this was Don Jones' religious belief? Why shouldn't he have the right to say his piece without being in fear of his job or fined. I mean if he came out in support of homosexual players or gay marriage he would be lauded! Why does one opinion bring shame and the necessity of re-education and the other opinion bring praise?
    So was it the government who did this, or was it his employers. Your OP implied that the government was creating reeducation camps. This seems more like job compliance.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    That was the impression I got from your post.
    Not me.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    I'm not defending all their behavior.
    That was the impression I got from your post.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    If you've read the official league report on the scandal (and I have), there was some extremely un-Christian behavior in there that no Christian has business defending. This included "mandatory" team meetings at strip clubs where players would get fined for not attending, and worse.
    I'm not defending all their behavior.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Really? Have you ever heard locker room conversations or conversation during the game - really - this is FOOTBALL, every one gets bullied! Why not just neuter them - that is what they are after anyway. De-balled men...
    If you've read the official league report on the scandal (and I have), there was some extremely un-Christian behavior in there that no Christian has business defending. This included "mandatory" team meetings at strip clubs where players would get fined for not attending, and worse.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    For context's sake, it's possible the Dolphins reacted more strongly than they otherwise might have because they've been beset by bad PR based on the team bullying scandal, and a player already got in trouble with the team two days previously for making a Twitter post where he intimated he would bully the team's newest draft pick.
    Really? Have you ever heard locker room conversations or conversation during the game - really - this is FOOTBALL, every one gets bullied! Why not just neuter them - that is what they are after anyway. De-balled men...
    Last edited by seer; 05-12-2014, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    My wife has to take an online Multicultural Sensitivity Training through Texas A&M twice a year -- she says it's the biggest joke, because you can't "pass" until you answer all the questions the way they want them answered, REGARDLESS of what you think or believe. Most of them "know the answers", and just breeze through the required online course in two or three minutes. A major waste of time, but it makes the liberals feel good.

And that's what liberals are all about --- "feeling good". Not necessarily solving any problems, but feeling good that they "tried".

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    For context's sake, it's possible the Dolphins reacted more strongly than they otherwise might have because they've been beset by bad PR based on the team bullying scandal, and a player already got in trouble with the team two days previously for making a Twitter post where he intimated he would bully the team's newest draft pick.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    What if this was Don Jones' religious belief? Why shouldn't he have the right to say his piece without being in fear of his job or fined. I mean if he came out in support of homosexual players or gay marriage he would be lauded! Why does one opinion bring shame and the necessity of re-education and the other opinion bring praise?
    It's exactly what I made the poor little butter bar (Second Lieutenant) admit. It's enforced viewpoint compliance. There is no "diversity" in thought or word. You either speak what they tell you to, or else.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Was he taken to court, and then consigned to re-education camp? Or was that what he had to do to stay employed? The former would be the government overstepping, the latter is still wrong but business have the right to state terms of employment within reasonable limits.

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    Was he taken to court, and then consigned to re-education camp? Or was that what he had to do to stay employed? The former would be the government overstepping, the latter is still wrong but business have the right to state terms of employment within reasonable limits.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
    Well, at least they're actually just sensitivity training classes. The Soviet Union used to use "re-education camp" as code for "death/slave labor camp".
    I often wonder what these classes are like. What if a Muslim, or conservative Jew or Christian said that they believed that homosexual behavior was deeply immoral. What would they say? Tell you that you shouldn't believe these things? How would the conversation go?

Leave a comment:

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I thought we called them "Public Schools" nowadays.
    I consider myself lucky that "Kommon Kore" has not shown itself in my schools....yet.

Leave a comment: