Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Re-Education Camps That Far Fetched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    It would be very difficult to exclude the possibility, so let’s say yes to that. This is some sort of devilish bait, right?
    Nope. Just seeing where you are coming from.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Now, for a follow-up question... is any form of bigotry EVER justified?
    It would be very difficult to exclude the possibility, so let’s say yes to that. This is some sort of devilish bait, right?

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    If this were a court of law you'd be held in contempt for bringing a frivolous suit.
    But it comes as no surprise - you can't win the argument so you kick up the sand.
    What argument? I think you were trying to accuse me of being a hypocrite but not doing it terribly well. That doesn’t really count. I like a nice friendly argument as much as anyone but I do try to avoid anything too personal given that we are not actually sitting down to dinner when a more polite conversation would be expected.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    I see the difficulty and the bigot's defence which is against natural justice so I am tending towards the answer being yes (just to be awkward) but I am not sure why.
    Now, for a follow-up question... is any form of bigotry EVER justified?

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Have you had sufficient time to think about this question yet, FF?
    I see the difficulty and the bigot's defence which is against natural justice so I am tending towards the answer being yes (just to be awkward) but I am not sure why.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Why is it that most liberals claim this? Are you so embarrassed about your positions that you can't ADMIT you are a liberal? Why do most members of the looney left claim to be "in the middle"?
    Historically, I have always voted on the right in British politics. But this is a question about calibration. Christian right wing Texans (like your goodself I understand) are so far right that everyone else looks like a communist; all in my most humble and possibly incorrect opinion based on nothing more than hearsay, as usual.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    If this were a court of law, the judge would grab you by the scruff of the neck and throw you out on the street for wasting his valuable time.
    If this were a court of law you'd be held in contempt for bringing a frivolous suit.

But it comes as no surprise - you can't win the argument so you kick up the sand.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Why is it that most liberals claim this? Are you so embarrassed about your positions that you can't ADMIT you are a liberal? Why do most members of the looney left claim to be "in the middle"?
    Maybe there are people they know even further to the left that scare even them.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    If this were a court of law, the judge would grab you by the scruff of the neck and throw you out on the street for wasting his valuable time.
    I know of no court where the judge would be allowed to do that.

(Except, of course, in the OLD days in Texas! )

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Very sure - you can drop the act.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    So, it is intolerant to call someone a bigot and a homophobe then?

Teallaura made a similar comment. Is it possible to call a bigot a bigot without being a bigot? I’m going to have to think about that.
    Have you had sufficient time to think about this question yet, FF?

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Are you sure I really did that? I think your accusations are a little vague.
    Very sure - you can drop the act.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    My political opinions are in about the middle.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Whether or not it's correct wasn't at issue - whether or not you are a hypocrite for requiring a standard for others that you do not apply to yourself was.
    Are you sure I really did that? I think your accusations are a little vague.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Whether or not it's correct wasn't at issue - whether or not you are a hypocrite for requiring a standard for others that you do not apply to yourself was.

Your second definition is unquestionably wrong - you may not define a word by using that word.

Leave a comment: