Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Re-Education Camps That Far Fetched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Re-Education Camps That Far Fetched?

Or are they already here?

Miami Dolphins safety Don Jones was fined an undisclosed amount Sunday and will undergo educational training after sending negative tweets about Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to be selected in the NFL draft.
    After Posting Negative Tweets about Michael Sam, Miami Dolphins Safety Don Jones Fined, Excused from Team Until He Completes Educational Training

In this May 3, 2013, file photo, Miami Dolphins’ Don Jones runs during NFL football rookie minicamp in Davie, Fla. (Image source: AP/Alan Diaz, File)

Shortly after the St. Louis Rams took Sam in the seventh round Saturday, Jones tweeted “OMG” and “Horrible.” The tweets were taken down a short time later
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...onal-training/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Sensitivity training isn't anything new. When baseball's John Rocker made inflammatory comments in the 1990s, the league mandated he go through a sensitivity class (but Rocker later admitted that he snuck out after 15 minutes).

It's a very ominous, doublespeakishly worded thing, whatever it is...
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I had a "diversity class" a few years ago and I admit that I made an ass of myself. I basically got the teacher to admit it was to squelch any and all dissenting opinions, and that it was basically a quota system in disguise.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        I had a "diversity class" a few years ago and I admit that I made an ass of myself. I basically got the teacher to admit it was to squelch any and all dissenting opinions, and that it was basically a quota system in disguise.
        At least you got her/him to admit it.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          At least you got her/him to admit it.
          She didn't know what hit her...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Well, at least they're actually just sensitivity training classes. The Soviet Union used to use "re-education camp" as code for "death/slave labor camp".
            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

I thought we called them "Public Schools" nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I thought we called them "Public Schools" nowadays.
                I consider myself lucky that "Kommon Kore" has not shown itself in my schools....yet.
                Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                  Well, at least they're actually just sensitivity training classes. The Soviet Union used to use "re-education camp" as code for "death/slave labor camp".
                  I often wonder what these classes are like. What if a Muslim, or conservative Jew or Christian said that they believed that homosexual behavior was deeply immoral. What would they say? Tell you that you shouldn't believe these things? How would the conversation go?

Comment

Was he taken to court, and then consigned to re-education camp? Or was that what he had to do to stay employed? The former would be the government overstepping, the latter is still wrong but business have the right to state terms of employment within reasonable limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Was he taken to court, and then consigned to re-education camp? Or was that what he had to do to stay employed? The former would be the government overstepping, the latter is still wrong but business have the right to state terms of employment within reasonable limits.
                      What if this was Don Jones' religious belief? Why shouldn't he have the right to say his piece without being in fear of his job or fined. I mean if he came out in support of homosexual players or gay marriage he would be lauded! Why does one opinion bring shame and the necessity of re-education and the other opinion bring praise?

Comment

What if this was Don Jones' religious belief? Why shouldn't he have the right to say his piece without being in fear of his job or fined. I mean if he came out in support of homosexual players or gay marriage he would be lauded! Why does one opinion bring shame and the necessity of re-education and the other opinion bring praise?
                        It's exactly what I made the poor little butter bar (Second Lieutenant) admit. It's enforced viewpoint compliance. There is no "diversity" in thought or word. You either speak what they tell you to, or else.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

For context's sake, it's possible the Dolphins reacted more strongly than they otherwise might have because they've been beset by bad PR based on the team bullying scandal, and a player already got in trouble with the team two days previously for making a Twitter post where he intimated he would bully the team's newest draft pick.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

My wife has to take an online Multicultural Sensitivity Training through Texas A&M twice a year -- she says it's the biggest joke, because you can't "pass" until you answer all the questions the way they want them answered, REGARDLESS of what you think or believe. Most of them "know the answers", and just breeze through the required online course in two or three minutes. A major waste of time, but it makes the liberals feel good.

And that's what liberals are all about --- "feeling good". Not necessarily solving any problems, but feeling good that they "tried".
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              For context's sake, it's possible the Dolphins reacted more strongly than they otherwise might have because they've been beset by bad PR based on the team bullying scandal, and a player already got in trouble with the team two days previously for making a Twitter post where he intimated he would bully the team's newest draft pick.
                              Really? Have you ever heard locker room conversations or conversation during the game - really - this is FOOTBALL, every one gets bullied! Why not just neuter them - that is what they are after anyway. De-balled men...
                              Last edited by seer; 05-12-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment