Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Slavery wasn't unconstitutional Jim.
    It was if you read the Constitution properly. "All men are created equal-life liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
    And how in the hell do you think they purposefully separated church from state, while simultaneously allowing all of the things you say they were outlawing, like monuments in public buildings, even a church in the capitol building, opening congress with a prayer and having chaplains in government and the military?
    As I said, James Madison, the main author of the Constitution warned against such practices but they were the tradition of the times which like slavery continued for some time regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      It was if you read the Constitution properly. "All men are created equal-life liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
      That wasn't in the Constitution James...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The problem is that you're too ignorant to know the difference between the US Constitution and the Declaration of Independence - WHICH, by the way, invokes God numerous times.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Madison was one man, Jimmy. And the "government" had, at its very founding, chaplains and prayers and all manner of religious vestige.

You seem absolutely determined to wrongly interpret the "wall of separation" -- it is clear to anybody with a function brain that Jefferson was responding to the Danbury Baptist Association's concern that there would be a "national" or "state religion". Jefferson was assuring him there would be religious liberty.
          So, you should understand then by that letter that Jefferson was clearly saying that there would be no government sactioned religion.

Comment

So, you should understand then by that letter that Jefferson was clearly saying that there would be no government sactioned religion.
            No Jim, they simply did not want a state religion where one was compelled to join. Like what England had...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The problem is that you're too ignorant to know the difference between the US Constitution and the Declaration of Independence - WHICH, by the way, invokes God numerous times.
              Yes, my error, but they go together, the one informing the other.

Comment

I've maintained that all along. Jimmy, are you on drugs? You seem to be forgetting what your argument is.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So Jim you believe we are all CREATED equal by God?

Comment

What a pantload. So, JEFFERSON is recognized as a primary contributor to the DoI, which invokes God or Creator numerous times.

Ya got the wrong author and the wrong document, and the wrong argument.

STRIKE THREE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      So Jim you believe we are all CREATED equal by God?
                      I don't believe in a god seer, I'm sure you know that by now.

Comment

I don't believe in a god seer, I'm sure you know that by now.
                        Well then we are not all CREATED equal.

Comment

Well then we are not all CREATED equal.
                          Well, WE are, Jimmy is not.

Comment

How about judges who decide cases based on the original intent of the writers? We are not looking for conservatives per se, we are looking for originalists.
                            Then your fellows shouldn't write things like this: "Trump's promise to replace liberal judges with conservative ones was a big issue to me.".

Originalism makes sense to me, because language and meaning change over time. But there doesn't seem to be any reason why a liberal can't also be an originalist.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Already proved that to you in the same post, stupid. "all men are created equal" - yet slavery continued for another 8 decades or so.
                              oh please show me where it says "All men are created equal" in the Constitution, Jimmy. I gotta see this. Not that it has anything to do with slavery.

Comment

Now that I'm done laughing at this stupidity....

In the Declaration of Independence...
                                1. “When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them...
                                2. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...
                                3. “We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world...
                                4. “And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.”

FOUR TIMES, Jimmy, we have references to God in the Declaration of Independence. So, as to your statement " the one informing the other".... do you wish to revise and extend your remarks?

Comment