Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    But as Hillary said, Tulsi (whom I like), is a Russian asset!
    It is amazing how much mileage Democrats have gotten out of that Russia smear. Playing on Cold War fearmongering, and using the old 'red-under-the-bed' tactic of shutting people down. It's gotten so bad lately that if anyone says anything favorable about Russia that they are a "Russian troll" or a bot.

Gabbard has a realistic geopolitical view, that Russia is a paper tiger (aside from long-range nukes that they would never use) and that China is our biggest threat. A huge threat. But mainly, I like her stance against democracy building and US tax dollars being shipped overseas.

Comment

What finally turned me was not the back and forth with the other candidates, but his frontal assault on the leftist press. Something Bush Jr, McCain or Romney never did...
      That's because they bought into the lie that the left has to like you or you'll never win.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        If Paul was out of the running by my primary I would have voted Libertarian. It is my registered party, after all (although I often vote for outside candidates).
        I have voted for Libertarians many times (I'm a small "l" libertarian) although I understood they didn't stand a chance of winning so my vote was effectively a pox-on-both-your-houses protest vote.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But as Hillary said, Tulsi (whom I like), is a Russian asset!
          A useful idiot, but only if they can get her to run as an independent like Jill Stein to steal the election once again for their fellow autocrat.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            A useful idiot, but only if they can get her to run as an independent like Jill Stein to steal the election once again for their fellow autocrat.
            So any third party candidate like Ralph Nader (who took votes from Gore) is Russian asset?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So any third party candidate like Ralph Nader (who took votes from Gore) is Russian asset?
              Not to mention the inference "if they can get her to run as an independent like Jill Stein" that Stein was somehow bribed or manipulated by Russians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                Not to mention the inference "if they can get her to run as an independent like Jill Stein" that Stein was somehow bribed or manipulated by Russians.
                This is all about Hillary not taking responsibility for being a god awful candidate.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

As far as they're concerned, yes. Whatever keeps their fellow dictator in office. Tulsi Gabbard doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of being elected, so by running her only purpose could be to get the lawless, treasonous, wannabe dictator re-elected.

Comment

This is all about Hillary not taking responsibility for being a god awful candidate.
                    A god awful candidate doesn't win the majority vote by 3 million, seer.

Comment

As far as they're concerned, yes. Whatever keeps their fellow dictator in office. Tulsi Gabbard doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of being elected, so by running her only purpose could be to get the lawless, treasonous, wannabe dictator re-elected.
                      I’m so glad Democrats are bringing back the spirit of mccarthyism and giving it a 21st century spin.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You can say that about all of the Democrat candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          But she does lose the Electoral College by ignoring key states.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Um, she certainly was godawful and part of the problem. She’s in the banks’ pockets, is a horrible communicator, promotes and defends rapists and sexual harassers (Jeffrey Epstein, her husband who raped Juanita Broderick), is power hungry, SUPPORTED NAFTA, etc. She’s almost the exact same thing as Trump, minus the impulsivity. 3 million people can be in denial and/or vote for the inverse reason of Trumpers (“lesser of two evils” rationale).

Comment

Wow. Drugs are bad, mkay?
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

But popular votes is not how you win.

Comment