Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump. I voted for Rand Paul in the primary and Gary Johnson in the general election. I thought Trump was too inexperienced and too uncertain to have his fingers anywhere near the nuclear hot buttons.

    But now, with the advantage of hindsight, I will have no problem voting for him in 2020. He has proven himself to be anti-globalist (win) and anti-militarist (another win). I don't like what's happening with the imbalanced budgets and the national debt (which is a looming disaster) but no other candidates have offered any solutions yet. Rand Paul came closest.
    I liked Rand Paul and would have voted for him if he wasn't out of the running by the time the primary got to my state. My choices were Cruz, Trump, and Kasich. I thought Trump was the only viable candidate at that point
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      I didn't vote for Trump. I voted for Rand Paul in the primary and Gary Johnson in the general election. I thought Trump was too inexperienced and too uncertain to have his fingers anywhere near the nuclear hot buttons.

      But now, with the advantage of hindsight, I will have no problem voting for him in 2020. He has proven himself to be anti-globalist (win) and anti-militarist (another win). I don't like what's happening with the imbalanced budgets and the national debt (which is a looming disaster) but no other candidates have offered any solutions yet. Rand Paul came closest.
      I was an ABT (Anybody But Trump) person during the primaries last go-around and held my nose and voted for him (which was really a vote to stop Hillary, not because I wanted him for POTUS). While I realize that I established an awfully low bar, Trump, for the most part, has been considerably better than I would have ever expected. And while I still don't like him and can barely stand to hear him make a speech, at this point I figure I'll probably vote for him in 2020.

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I was an ABT (Anybody But Trump) person during the primaries last go-around and held my nose and voted for him (which was really a vote to stop Hillary, not because I wanted him for POTUS). While I realize that I established an awfully low bar, Trump, for the most part, has been considerably better than I would have ever expected. And while I still don't like him and can barely stand to hear him make a speech, at this point I figure I'll probably vote for him in 2020.
        You, therefore, are a Trumpster, died-in-the-wool Trump defender, defending him at every turn!
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I liked Rand Paul and would have voted for him if he wasn't out of the running by the time the primary got to my state. My choices were Cruz, Trump, and Kasich. I thought Trump was the only viable candidate at that point
          I went from Walker to Carson to Cruz finally settled on Trump...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

          Comment


          • Originally posted by seer View Post
            I went from Walker to Carson to Cruz finally settled on Trump...
            Carson, yes --- never Cruz.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • Originally posted by seer View Post
              I went from Walker to Carson to Cruz finally settled on Trump...
              I started with Walker and pretty much shifted to whoever was still running against Trump.

              Bluntly, after looking at what he has said in the past, I figured that he was just saying whatever he thought would help get him elected and that he was a liberal in sheep's clothing.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Carson, yes --- never Cruz.
                Walker was my guy, and I don't know why he dropped out so soon...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                Comment


                • Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Walker was my guy, and I don't know why he dropped out so soon...
                  He dropped out because he saw the writing on the wall and knew he wasn't going to win. I praised his decision to do so because he called for the rest of the candidates to unite against Trump.

                  As I said, I was an ABT throughout the primaries.

                  I'm always still in trouble again

                  "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I started with Walker and pretty much shifted to whoever was still running against Trump.

                    Bluntly, after looking at what he has said in the past, I figured that he was just saying whatever he thought would help get him elected and that he was a liberal in sheep's clothing.
                    I actually believe that if the liberals did not attack him from day one he would have governed more from center left... I'm in the NY TV market, so we always saw him on the tube - never thought he was a conservative...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      He dropped out because he saw the writing on the wall and knew he wasn't going to win. I praised his decision to do so because he called for the rest of the candidates to unite against Trump.

                      As I said, I was an ABT throughout the primaries.
                      What finally turned me was not the back and forth with the other candidates, but his frontal assault on the leftist press. Something Bush Jr, McCain or Romney never did...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by seer View Post
                        I actually believe that if the liberals did not attack him from day one he would have governed more from center left... I'm in the NY TV market, so we always saw him on the tube - never thought he was a conservative...
                        Yup.

                        As I noted back when he was running
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Yeah, until recently he was
                        • strongly pro-abortion (saying on Fox News Sunday that he was "totally pro-choice"), co-sponsored a dinner honoring a leader of NARAL, and came out against any ban on partial birth abortions
                        • pro-gun control supporting the assault weapons bans and calling for longer waiting times before a firearm could be purchased
                        • called for a one-time 14.25% "net worth tax" on the wealthy as a key part of his economic proposals when he ran for president in 1999
                        • called for a "path to citizenship" for illegal aliens on Bill O'Reilly's Fox News show.
                        • in one of his books he said that the U.S. needed a universal health care modeled on the Canadian system and described himself as "very liberal when it comes to health care" on Larry King's old show on CNN.
                        • Politically he has gone from being a Republican to an Independent, to a Democrat and back to being a Republican. During his Democrat phase he contributed heavily to Hillary Clinton (calling her a fantastic Senator) and the Clinton Foundation. He also donated money to Rahm Emanuel and Harry Reid and, in the 2004 and 2006 elections he and his son donated $117,700 to Democrats and $41,500 to Republicans.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Yup.

                          As I noted back when he was running
                          The left pushed him into our waiting arms!
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I was an ABT (Anybody But Trump) person during the primaries last go-around and held my nose and voted for him (which was really a vote to stop Hillary, not because I wanted him for POTUS). While I realize that I established an awfully low bar, Trump, for the most part, has been considerably better than I would have ever expected. And while I still don't like him and can barely stand to hear him make a speech, at this point I figure I'll probably vote for him in 2020.
                            Interesting. I was in nearly the exact same mindframe as you.

                            1) I hated both Hillary and Trump
                            2) I still can't stand listening to Trump give a speech - I have to shut him off
                            3) His performance in office has been much better than I expected (admittedly I didn't expect much)
                            4) Unless there is a major event between now and the elections, I will vote for him this time around

                            One Dem candidate that I find respectable is Tulsi Gabbard. I don't like her domestic platform but geopolitically she speaks my language.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              Interesting. I was in nearly the exact same mindframe as you.

                              1) I hated both Hillary and Trump
                              2) I still can't stand listening to Trump give a speech - I have to shut him off
                              3) His performance in office has been much better than I expected (admittedly I didn't expect much)
                              4) Unless there is a major event between now and the elections, I will vote for him this time around

                              One Dem candidate that I find respectable is Tulsi Gabbard. I don't like her domestic platform but geopolitically she speaks my language.
                              But as Hillary said, Tulsi (whom I like), is a Russian asset!
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I liked Rand Paul and would have voted for him if he wasn't out of the running by the time the primary got to my state. My choices were Cruz, Trump, and Kasich. I thought Trump was the only viable candidate at that point
                                If Paul was out of the running by my primary I would have voted Libertarian. It is my registered party, after all (although I often vote for outside candidates).

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Whateverman, Today, 07:17 PM
                                1 response
                                13 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Started by Whateverman, Today, 04:39 PM
                                1 response
                                17 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Maranatha  
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Today, 03:30 PM
                                7 responses
                                67 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 08:11 PM
                                4 responses
                                42 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Bill the Cat  
                                Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 07:16 PM
                                28 responses
                                124 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Working...
                                X