Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The "Party of Science" seems awfully confused these days about basic biology.
    They abandon biology - one of the "hard sciences" and turn to psychology and sociology and other "soft sciences".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

    Comment


    • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      So when we lost one of our children, in utero, my husband not I shouldn’t have been heartbroken about the death of our child and shouldn’t of had a funeral? You truly are sick.
      My wife was so excited when "we became pregnant", and grieved at the "loss of our first baby". She had already decorated the nursery, and prepared for his arrival.
      I can just imagine Tassman standing before her and explaining how silly it is to grieve, as it was just a blob of cells.
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        They abandon biology - one of the "hard sciences" and turn to psychology and sociology and other "soft sciences".

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          My wife was so excited when "we became pregnant", and grieved at the "loss of our first baby". She had already decorated the nursery, and prepared for his arrival.
          I can just imagine Tassman standing before her and explaining how silly it is to grieve, as it was just a blob of cells.
          We had bought a stroller, baby cloths, diapers, etc. and packing it all away or having to explain what happened to our other kids wasn’t an easy thing. Losing a child, even one you barely knew, is among the worse things you can go through.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            No, I'm not. If it's not a HUMAN BEING when it began it's life, what type of "being" is it? The deceptive word games that abortion activists use is "person" as opposed to "human being".

            From the cite I provided...

            A sample of 5,502 biologists from 1,058 academic institutions assessed statements representing the biological view ‘a human’s life begins at fertilization’. This view was used because previous polls and surveys suggest many Americans and medical experts hold this view. Each of the three statements representing that view was affirmed by a consensus of biologists (75-91%). The participants were separated into 60 groups and each statement was affirmed by a consensus of each group, including biologists that identified as very pro-choice (69-90%), very pro-life (92-97%), very liberal (70-91%), very conservative (94-96%), strong Democrats (74-91%), and strong Republicans (89-94%). Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization (5212 out of 5502).
            It doesn't matter how one defines it, there can be no justification for the current US trend in abortion circles for fighting for the 'right' to do abortions for any reason through the end of pregnancy. But neither side wants science to get involved, because science can't justify calling a fetus at one day of gestation a 'person', any more than it can it justify calling one at 5 months or later (current age of viability outside the womb) NOT a person. And the reality is, any scientific definition of when a fetus transitions scientifically from something not quite a person to a person will be way too early in the process to make any American advocate for abortion comfortable.

            Jim
            He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

            "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              It doesn't matter how one defines it, there can be no justification for the current US trend in abortion circles for fighting for the 'right' to do abortions for any reason through the end of pregnancy. But neither side wants science to get involved, because science can't justify calling a fetus at one day of gestation a 'person', any more than it can it justify calling one at 5 months or later (current age of viability outside the womb) NOT a person. And the reality is, any scientific definition of when a fetus transitions scientifically from something not quite a person to a person will be way too early in the process to make any American advocate for abortion comfortable.

              Jim
              Person is a legal term, not a scientific one so....
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                ...But neither side wants science to get involved, because science can't justify calling a fetus at one day of gestation a 'person'...
                That's exactly what I meant by ignoring the hard sciences like biology and going after a philosophical or legal term instead.

                The science would also include the remarkable imaging where we can actually see the baby in the womb that looks far more like a human being than "a clump of cells".

                One of the most powerful tools we have in our pregnancy center to encourage women not to abort is the scientific equipment where they can actually see the human life inside them.
                "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                Comment


                • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Person is a legal term, not a scientific one so....
                  "Person" is the term to which the culture of death has had to retreat because they can no longer argue "human life".
                  "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    So when we lost one of our children, in utero, my husband not I shouldn’t have been heartbroken about the death of our child and shouldn’t of had a funeral? You truly are sick.
                    I’m sure the pro abortion crowd will be here any minute now to tell me this was irrational... any minute...
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      "Person" is the term to which the culture of death has had to retreat because they can no longer argue "human life".
                      They are pretty inconsistent at that. Holding baby showers, gender reveals, and grieving stillborns/miscarriages would be irrational if birth is the moment we should care about. They wouldn’t say a word about my story or yours because they know it would make them look like heartless monsters, but it’s where their logic leads.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        I’m sure the pro abortion crowd will be here any minute now to tell me this was irrational... any minute...
                        It isn't a pro-abortion crowd, it's a pro choice crowd, meaning that it is no one elses business what any woman decides to do with her own body. You don't have to agree with her, but you are not her, it's her body, her life, and her business. It's true that the fetus could become a human person at some point during the pregnancy, and that time has been determined by the court. To argue, as many do, that it becomes a human person at conception is ridiculous.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          It isn't a pro-abortion crowd, it's a pro choice crow....
                          But you remember when the Democrats were touting the "safe, legal and rare" claims?

                          It's come a long since then, and I believe the case could easily be made that it is, indeed, a PRO-abortion crowd, Jim

                          How the abortion debate moved away from “safe, legal, and rare”

                          Wen broke with other abortion rights advocates some time ago. When she was removed as Planned Parenthood’s president in July, she said in a statement that, “I believe that the best way to protect abortion care is to be clear that it is not a political issue but a health care one.” Some said the group ousted her because it was looking for “a more aggressive political leader” on abortion rights, while others said she had management issues.

                          Since she left Planned Parenthood, Wen has argued that the best way to build public support for abortion rights is to seek common ground with people who may be uncomfortable with the procedure, but want it to remain legal. She wrote in a New York Times op-ed shortly after her departure that while leading the group, “I reached out to people who wrestle with abortion’s moral complexities, but who will speak out against government interference in personal medical decisions.”

                          “We need to stop treating those whose views differ from our own with scorn and suspicion, and instead work together to safeguard our health, our rights and our future,” she concluded.

                          And after Tuesday’s debate, Wen made clear that she saw the “safe, legal, and rare” framing as a way to reach out to people with different views on the issue. “Pro-choice & progressive movements will lose unless we allow more people to join who do not agree 100% with the most extreme ideology,” she tweeted. (Wen declined, through a representative, to be interviewed for this story.)


                          Wen was fired because she wasn't pro-abortion ENOUGH.
                          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            But you remember when the Democrats were touting the "safe, legal and rare" claims?

                            It's come a long since then, and I believe the case could easily be made that it is, indeed, a PRO-abortion crowd, Jim

                            How the abortion debate moved away from “safe, legal, and rare”

                            Wen broke with other abortion rights advocates some time ago. When she was removed as Planned Parenthood’s president in July, she said in a statement that, “I believe that the best way to protect abortion care is to be clear that it is not a political issue but a health care one.” Some said the group ousted her because it was looking for “a more aggressive political leader” on abortion rights, while others said she had management issues.

                            Since she left Planned Parenthood, Wen has argued that the best way to build public support for abortion rights is to seek common ground with people who may be uncomfortable with the procedure, but want it to remain legal. She wrote in a New York Times op-ed shortly after her departure that while leading the group, “I reached out to people who wrestle with abortion’s moral complexities, but who will speak out against government interference in personal medical decisions.”

                            “We need to stop treating those whose views differ from our own with scorn and suspicion, and instead work together to safeguard our health, our rights and our future,” she concluded.

                            And after Tuesday’s debate, Wen made clear that she saw the “safe, legal, and rare” framing as a way to reach out to people with different views on the issue. “Pro-choice & progressive movements will lose unless we allow more people to join who do not agree 100% with the most extreme ideology,” she tweeted. (Wen declined, through a representative, to be interviewed for this story.)


                            Wen was fired because she wasn't pro-abortion ENOUGH.
                            Abortion is safer and rarer due to it's being legal.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Abortion is safer and rarer due to it's being legal.
                              Got a cite for that? That's simply a liberal talking point, Jim

                              False Claim #1: Legalizing abortion makes it rarer and safe. “In limiting access to abortion, lawmakers may unwittingly force women towards these unsafe options. By contrast, where legal and more easily accessible abortion rates actually go down.”

                              The argument that legalizing abortion makes it safer, and also makes abortion rates go down, is gravely flawed. First and foremost, even if it were true, the argument contradicts a basic universal moral principle that the ends never justify the means. The authors are talking about legalizing the taking of innocent lives in order to… make the taking of innocent lives safer and less frequent. It just doesn’t add up. Laws exist to protect the most fundamental of rights, the first of which is the right to life.

                              The other major problem is that the evidence to support the claim that abortions are more dangerous and more frequent when they are illegal is questionable at best. The authors link to an NBC story, which in turn references a Guttmacher study that actually states, “Abortion rates are similar in countries where abortion is highly restricted and where it is broadly legal. The abortion rate is 37 per 1,000 women in countries that prohibit abortion altogether or allow it only to save a woman’s life, and 34 per 1,000 in countries that allow abortion without restriction as to reason—a difference that is not significant.” In other words, even according to the Guttmacher Institute, the evidence does not support the authors’ claim that the rates go down with legalization. According to their own data, there is no statistical difference. The “rare” part of “safe, legal, and rare” is, and always has been, a complete myth.

                              source
                              Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-22-2019, 08:23 PM.
                              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                It isn't a pro-abortion crowd, it's a pro choice crowd,
                                And here's another reason why that's a flat out lie. Note, I'm not calling YOU a liar - you're simply repeating what you evidently believe to be true.

                                When a person comes to our PRO-LIFE pregnancy center, they are encouraged to CHOOSE LIFE. At last count, over 93% do. We unashamedly encourage LIFE, because we are PRO-LIFE. Apologetically.

                                On the other hand, when somebody goes to a supposedly "pro-choice" clinic, are they really given a choice? Are they presented with both the pros and cons of abortion? And the vast majority of persons who go to a "pro-choice" clinic end up with abortions. Why? Because Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the world, is not really interested in "choice", but in doing the abortion.

                                Planned Parenthood is, indeed, PRO-ABORTION.
                                "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Whateverman, Today, 07:17 PM
                                1 response
                                13 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Started by Whateverman, Today, 04:39 PM
                                1 response
                                17 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Maranatha  
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Today, 03:30 PM
                                7 responses
                                68 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 08:11 PM
                                4 responses
                                42 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Bill the Cat  
                                Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 07:16 PM
                                28 responses
                                124 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Working...
                                X