Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Voted For Trump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Interesting article by Matthew Sorens on Christianity Today: Don’t Underestimate the Impact of Lowering the US Refugee Ceiling
    To quote from your link Charles: “the reputation of evangelicalism has been hitched to the policies of President Donald Trump, whom most white evangelicals support”.

Indeed. US Evangelicals and Trump are one, especially when it comes to ideology. So, they will be thrilled with Trump’s new hard-line on brown people crossing the border; it's even harder than previously thought. Much more than a mere wall:

“President Trump discussed filling a border trench with alligators or snakes during private border security discussions.

During the height of border tensions within the White House in March, Trump privately floated a number of extreme ideas to defend against migrants. Those ideas included a water-filled trench stocked with either alligators or snakes and an electric wall with the ability to pierce human flesh, according the New York Times.

After the president suggested shooting migrants who threw rocks, staff informed him that it was illegal, and he backed off of the idea before wondering in a later meeting about shooting migrants in the legs to slow them down, which staff informed him was also illegal”.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ed-border-moat

No wonder the Evangelicals love him.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      To quote from your link Charles: “the reputation of evangelicalism has been hitched to the policies of President Donald Trump, whom most white evangelicals support”.

Indeed. US Evangelicals and Trump are one, especially when it comes to ideology. So, they will be thrilled with Trump’s new hard-line on brown people crossing the border; it's even harder than previously thought. Much more than a mere wall:

“President Trump discussed filling a border trench with alligators or snakes during private border security discussions.

During the height of border tensions within the White House in March, Trump privately floated a number of extreme ideas to defend against migrants. Those ideas included a water-filled trench stocked with either alligators or snakes and an electric wall with the ability to pierce human flesh, according the New York Times.

After the president suggested shooting migrants who threw rocks, staff informed him that it was illegal, and he backed off of the idea before wondering in a later meeting about shooting migrants in the legs to slow them down, which staff informed him was also illegal”.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ed-border-moat

No wonder the Evangelicals love him.
      Why are you such a hateful, evil man?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Why are you such a hateful, evil man?
        FTR, I'm with Bad Orange Man on shooting invaders who throw stones or other objects.

The other stuff is a tad super-villain.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Why are Evangelicals such hateful, evil men?
          Fify.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Fify.
            Your bigotry is showing.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              You're reacting to the opinions of a social justice warrior, Tassman, and somehow mistakenly think that he represents Evangelicals.

No wonder the Evangelicals love him
              And this would be the opinion of a leftist anti-Christian bigot.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Your bigotry is showing.
                Yes, I'm bigoted against hypocrites, i.e. pseudo Evangelicals, or, Evangelicals in name only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  You're reacting to the opinions of a social justice warrior, Tassman, and somehow mistakenly think that he represents Evangelicals.

And this would be the opinion of a leftist anti-Christian bigot.
                  Oh my! social justice, how awful!

Comment

Oh my! social justice, how awful!
                    Actually, it's not, Jimmy, which is why I'm involved in it pretty much every day of the week.

I just don't pervert it into something that replaces the preaching of the Word.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, it's not, Jimmy, which is why I'm involved in it pretty much every day of the week.

I just don't pervert it into something that replaces the preaching of the Word.
                      Oh, I see, "the word" has nothing to do with social justice?

Comment

I see you're in your drama queen mode today*.

Jimmy, honey, "replacing" the preaching of the Word with "social justice warrior" policies does not at all imply that preaching the Word and social justice can actually go together quite well.
                        It's when you do an "either / or" that it's, in my opinion, inconsistent with Christianity.

*Jimmy, any time you start off with "Oh, I see...." it's like the idiot who says "Hey, Bubba, hold my beer and watch this".... which always precedes something really stupid.

Comment

Yes, I'm bigoted against hypocrites, i.e. pseudo Evangelicals, or, Evangelicals in name only.
                          No, you hate them and come up with rationalizations to support your bigotry.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            No, you hate them and come up with rationalizations to support your bigotry.
                            He comes up with rationalizations?

He don't need no stinkin rationalizations - he's just an anti-Christian bigot!

Comment

Jimmy, it’s been my observation that almost all social justice warriors are the products of the most privileged society in history, that go out and look for offense. They spend most of their time, safely attacking other westerners for perceived slights because actually doing something about the barbaric practices happening outside their bubble is dangerous. It’s about making themselves feel good, without doing anything of importance.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

He comes up with rationalizations?

He don't need no stinkin rationalizations - he's just an anti-Christian bigot!
                                True he doesn’t need any evidence, but even a poorly thought out excuse is still a rationalization.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment