Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Massive Muslim Immigration...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    When someone decides to school someone else on charity, it is indeed appropriate to ask them about their own charitable methods.
    Charles did not decide to "school" Cow Poke on charity.

His opposition to a public policy saw a rebuttal from Rogue about his private willingness/capacity to house immigrants, which led to Cow Poke demanding to know his level of charity.

Inappropriate.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

His opposition to a public policy saw a rebuttal from Rogue about his private willingness/capacity to house immigrants, which led to Cow Poke demanding to know his level of charity.

Inappropriate.

--Sam
      Actually, Charles had volunteered that he...

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Nope. But I will give my share.
      I simply asked what that "fair share" was.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      What is that, exactly?
      No demand - an inquiry. Kinda like in a court room - he opened the door, and I followed up.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, Charles had volunteered that he...

I simply asked what that "fair share" was.

No demand - an inquiry. Kinda like in a court room - he opened the door, and I followed up.
        And Charles was responding to Rogue's diversion from public policy to private giving. Again, inappropriate.

If he declined to answer your inquiry and you turned and used that against him by casting an aspersion, it was a demand.

--Sam
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Inappropriate.

--Sam
          Are you competing with Chuck for the title of Tweb Net Nanny? Do we need to hold an election?

Comment

And Charles was responding to Rogue's diversion from public policy to private giving. Again, inappropriate.

If he declined to answer your inquiry and you turned and used that against him by casting an aspersion, it was a demand.

--Sam
            Chuck was playing Bible Bingo.

Here's another verse -

Scripture Verse: Matt 5

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

© Copyright Original Source

Chuck was very cowardly hiding behind a verse taken out of context. And you don't think he's capable of standing up for himself?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              France, England, Sweden, Germany, Italy, etc...

Has any European host country benefited from Massive Muslim immigration? Besides getting cheap labor?
              Why the concentration on Muslims, seer. The U.S is a nation of immigrants. I think the U.S. benefitted, and still do.

Comment

When someone decides to school someone else on charity, it is indeed appropriate to ask them about their own charitable methods.
                Not when confusing support for social policy with ones personal abilities which is the ploy the truly greedy always turn to. The one doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. I could both be personally able to give, or do, much for charity, and still support charitable social policies, or not be able to do, give anything, but still support charitable social policy. It's only the greedy that make that argument, i.e. "what do you personally give" because it supports their greedy selfish position on social policy.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man
                  You believe murder is consistent with Christianity?
                  No, it's not. Which would be the point.
                  Of course it's not, which is why it's stupid to try and equate Christians who committed murder in violation of their religion, with Muslims who commit murder because it is commanded by their religion.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Are you competing with Chuck for the title of Tweb Net Nanny? Do we need to hold an election?
                    Y'all can act better and it won't be necessary.

--Sam

Comment

Chuck was playing Bible Bingo.

Here's another verse -

Scripture Verse: Matt 5

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

© Copyright Original Source

Chuck was very cowardly hiding behind a verse taken out of context. And you don't think he's capable of standing up for himself?
                      He was not. He didn't have to give you a reason why he doesn't need to flash his tax deduction sheets around but he offered a valid one. His had direct application to the issue (it's also why I don't discuss the specifics of my giving in public). Yours, however, is not traditionally associated with a practice of telling people exactly how much you give -- would be weird if it did, since that would conflict with what Jesus taught.

It's inappropriate to accuse someone of cowardice because they don't comply with your inappropriate demand for access to their private books.

--Sam

Comment

He was not.
                        The boy can't speak for himself, Sam?

Comment

He didn't have to give you a reason why he doesn't need to flash his tax deduction sheets...
                          That's crap. Nobody was asking for that - he made a claim that he gives his fair share. I asked what that was. He could have simply said he tithes 10% or he regularly donates to a shelter, or he simply allows the government to take it out of his paycheck...

Why don't you let him speak, Sam? Are you trying to out-nanny the nanny?

Comment

That's crap. Nobody was asking for that - he made a claim that he gives his fair share. I asked what that was. He could have simply said he tithes 10% or he regularly donates to a shelter, or he simply allows the government to take it out of his paycheck...
                            Then what would his answer matter, and if it doesn't matter, then why did you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Then what would his answer matter, and if it doesn't matter, then why did you ask?
                              Another contestant for Nanny of Tweb!

Comment

Back on topic to a question that has not been answered:

Is this (the question about the benefit of a given country) the most important question to ask when confronted with people in need? Ideally you don't help others for your own benefit.
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment