Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden tells a porky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    Why, a double-barrel 12-gauge is all you need!
    Pieces of cake!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Why, a double-barrel 12-gauge is all you need!
      RONG!

A shotgun shell contains multiple bullets! dozens of them!

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        RONG!

A shotgun shell contains multiple bullets! dozens of them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39537[/ATTACH]
        Not always! A shotgun shell can be a "punkinball"!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Not always! A shotgun shell can be a "punkinball"!
          Well they should only contain one bullet. Like a deer slug! We need to ban shotgun shells that have multiple bullets!

Comment

Well they should only contain one bullet. Like a deer slug! We need to ban shotgun shells that have multiple bullets!
            You guys hunt deer with shotguns?!!?!

Comment

Of course not. Deer slugs are only for self-protection. It gives the criminal a "fighting chance" to dodge the slug, where if we were using shotgun shells with multiple bullets, they would not be able to dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Pretty much what a number of those in the MSM are also saying.
                Many are straight out saying that telling falsehoods is okay because it isn't Trump.

Political journalist Peter Hamby, recently with CNN and now host of Good Luck America at Snapchat and a contributing writer for Vanity Fair, was urging his colleagues to bury the story[1] because it "elevates Trump" and besides, "who cares?"

Biden’s gaffes really only showcase what we’ve known about him for a long time—that he makes gaffes. Compared to the horror show coming out of Trump’s mouth on a near-daily basis, who cares?

"Who cares" pretty much sums the MSM's commitment to the truth and integrity.

Mary Jones, the National Correspondent for the Washington Post (who broke the story) sneered at her own paper's reporting and appears to agree with Hamby in that the MSM should have spiked the story.

Come on, let's focus on the big stuff ... It's big stuff that we care about. It’s not about the stories.

Over on PBS NewsHour, political commentator for the New York Times David Brooks also wanted the story to go away since, unlike Trump,

...he is not mendacious, he is not irresponsible. He may embellish a story to improve its dramatic effect.

Shawna Thomas, Vice News' Washington DC bureau chief:

When Trump lies, it's about Google and Google changing votes, and making you scared about things. When Joe Biden lies, it's about trying to say he's going to be commander-in-chief and he understands heroism.

Actually, a significant portion of his fabrication was self-aggrandizing designed to make Biden himself look heroic[2]. Then again maybe faux heroism is what on the left passes for "understands heroism" these days.

Martha Raddatz, the substitute host for ABC's This Week last Sunday seemed only concerned that Trump could use the false story "against Joe Biden in a credible way" not that this was some concocted story that Biden has been telling people for awhile now (which removes it from the realm of "gaffe" into the area of falsehood).

Rick Klein, Political Director for ABC News continues in the it's-okay-since-he's-not-Trump vein while on This Week:

Look, when the Vice President does it, it is to make a point in a more artful way, perhaps, and to connect with people in a genuine way. When Donald Trump does, it's often to demean and belittle.

Interestingly, as the Washington Post describes, "Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, and the military branch, and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony" yet the so-called fact checkers at Snopes have declared that the story was basically true.

1. Saying that editors should've looked at this story and declared "No, that’s not news, not anymore."

2. Biden boasted of his own bravery claiming that some folks told him he shouldn’t go, but he stoically replied, "We can lose a vice president. We can’t lose many more of these kids. Not a joke." and concluded "This is the God’s truth."

Considering that he went to Afghanistan before he was Vice President this can only be a concocted fabrication and anything but "God's truth."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Many are straight out saying that telling falsehoods is okay because it isn't Trump.

Political journalist Peter Hamby, recently with CNN and now host of Good Luck America at Snapchat and a contributing writer for Vanity Fair, was urging his colleagues to bury the story[1] because it "elevates Trump" and besides, "who cares?"

Biden’s gaffes really only showcase what we’ve known about him for a long time—that he makes gaffes. Compared to the horror show coming out of Trump’s mouth on a near-daily basis, who cares?

"Who cares" pretty much sums the MSM's commitment to the truth and integrity.

Mary Jones, the National Correspondent for the Washington Post (who broke the story) sneered at her own paper's reporting and appears to agree with Hamby in that the MSM should have spiked the story.

Come on, let's focus on the big stuff ... It's big stuff that we care about. It’s not about the stories.

Over on PBS NewsHour, political commentator for the New York Times David Brooks also wanted the story to go away since, unlike Trump,

...he is not mendacious, he is not irresponsible. He may embellish a story to improve its dramatic effect.

Shawna Thomas, Vice News' Washington DC bureau chief:

When Trump lies, it's about Google and Google changing votes, and making you scared about things. When Joe Biden lies, it's about trying to say he's going to be commander-in-chief and he understands heroism.

Actually, a significant portion of his fabrication was self-aggrandizing designed to make Biden himself look heroic[2]. Then again maybe faux heroism is what on the left passes for "understands heroism" these days.

Martha Raddatz, the substitute host for ABC's This Week last Sunday seemed only concerned that Trump could use the false story "against Joe Biden in a credible way" not that this was some concocted story that Biden has been telling people for awhile now (which removes it from the realm of "gaffe" into the area of falsehood).

Rick Klein, Political Director for ABC News continues in the it's-okay-since-he's-not-Trump vein while on This Week:

Look, when the Vice President does it, it is to make a point in a more artful way, perhaps, and to connect with people in a genuine way. When Donald Trump does, it's often to demean and belittle.

Interestingly, as the Washington Post describes, "Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, and the military branch, and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony" yet the so-called fact checkers at Snopes have declared that the story was basically true.

1. Saying that editors should've looked at this story and declared "No, that’s not news, not anymore."

2. Biden boasted of his own bravery claiming that some folks told him he shouldn’t go, but he stoically replied, "We can lose a vice president. We can’t lose many more of these kids. Not a joke." and concluded "This is the God’s truth."

Considering that he went to Afghanistan before he was Vice President this can only be a concocted fabrication and anything but "God's truth."
                  Now you are arguing with yourself?

Getting a bit squirrelly in your old age Ruge.

Comment

Never heard of that until I moved here where for many if not most "hunters" hunting consists of putting up a tree stand and baiting the immediate area with salt licks and then sitting up in the tree with a 6 pack and shooting the deer with a shotgun slug from about 15-20' away.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Never heard of that until I moved here where for many if not most "hunters" hunting consists of putting up a tree stand and baiting the immediate area with salt licks and then sitting up in the tree with a 6 pack and shooting the deer with a shotgun slug from about 15-20' away.
                      That's illegal.

Comment

Now you are arguing with yourself?

Getting a bit squirrelly in your old age Ruge.
                        You must have that eyepatch over your "good eye" again snarko. I'm adding details to corroborate my initial statement.

Comment

That's illegal.
                          Two guys were out fishing. One pulls out a stick of dynamite, lights it, and tosses it into the water where it explodes causing dozens of dead fish to float to the surface. "Are you crazy!" yells his companion. "That's dangerous and illegal!" So the man calmly lights another stick of dynamite, tosses it into the lap of the other, and says, "You gonna talk, or fish?"
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You must have that eyepatch over your "good eye" again snarko. I'm adding details to corroborate my initial statement.
                            I bet. did you think you were arguing with rougue05 again?

Comment

I bet. did you think you were arguing with rougue05 again?
                              Long ago I figured out how to deal with the voices in my head. I organized them into various committees and commissions and let them incessantly argue amongst themselves.

A few, the ones with really pleasant voices, I set up in various in a cappella groups. They only trouble me once or twice a year when they want me to judge their competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Two guys were out fishing. One pulls out a stick of dynamite, lights it, and tosses it into the water where it explodes causing dozens of dead fish to float to the surface. "Are you crazy!" yells his companion. "That's dangerous and illegal!" So the man calmly lights another stick of dynamite, tosses it into the lap of the other, and says, "You gonna talk, or fish?"
                                I used to, er, I know someone who used to dispose of old hand grenades that way

Comment