Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barry Laughs At Everyone But Himself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The fact that somebody "is a liar" does NOT preclude them from occasionally stating the truth, especially when it suits their purposes.
    Nick:
    AFAICT, Every human I've encountered lies; so I guess that means I should assume that people are almost lying, and that they occasionally state the truth when it suits their purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
      Nick:
      AFAICT, Every human I've encountered lies; so I guess that means I should assume that people are almost lying, and that they occasionally state the truth when it suits their purposes?
      Depends on how many careerists you have in your organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        I made a minor mistake I meant to write "Though thankfully a lot of conservatives here are for vaccines" I hope that clear from context, otherwise I'd assert the point and then write 'Though thankfully...' and then give the same point again.
        I really don't understand.. is THIS the thread where you "blasted me", carried it over into Shoutbox, then issued an apology? I'm really confused about all that.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nick:
          I think you mean "almost always lying," otherwise that sounds funny.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Nick:
            When somebody is on the stage as a national leader, and promises to oversee "the most transparent administration", yet constantly seems to twist the facts to his own purposes, when much of what he says is DEMONSTRABLY FALSE, it's safe, IMOHBAO, to say he's a "liar". On the other hand, a man who fudges on the "does this dress make my butt look big" question --- not so much.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When somebody is on the stage as a national leader, and promises to oversee "the most transparent administration", yet constantly seems to twist the facts to his own purposes, when much of what he says is DEMONSTRABLY FALSE, it's safe, IMOHBAO, to say he's a "liar". On the other hand, a man who fudges on the "does this dress make my butt look big" question --- not so much.
              Who plays the role of the hectoring wife in the first example?

Comment

I really don't understand.. is THIS the thread where you "blasted me", carried it over into Shoutbox, then issued an apology? I'm really confused about all that.
                I'm fairly certain it is.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I'm fairly certain it is.
                  OK, as near as I can understand it, part of the problem came from my first comment where I, like others, failed to notice the "it" reference to a person. For the record, I CERTAINLY don't agree with calling a person an "it", and the person who said that has apologized.

Was that my "offense"?

Comment